Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 12:38:49 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

TotalPackers wrote:
Linebacker Carl Bradford is the latest guy the Green Bay Packers have drafted who's ticked he didn't go earlier. Will he reverse the trend of underperformance?

How pissed is he? I can't shake the feeling that this guy is going to be a bust. But if he becomes a solid special teams player it won't be that bad.

Edited by moderator Monday, June 30, 2014 1:11:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 12:46:01 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
How pissed is he? I can't shake the feeling that this guy is going to be a bust. But if he becomes a solid special teams player it won't be that bad.

Hopefully more so than Ricky Elmore.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline musccy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:45:31 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 229
Applause Received: 220

Before I read the article I almost posted "Terrell Manning'' and then see they mentioned his name.

Pissed off chicken sh*t doesn't really mean much. Pissed off chicken salad (Aaron Rodgers)...well that gets me excited.
Offline OlHoss1884  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:17:59 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 159

I think sometimes these kids come out of college, where they were the best on their teams, thinking they are going to be as big a deal in the NFL. There is a reason most don't go in the first round. I wonder if this is just another guy who doesn't really understand how much better EVERYONE is at this level.

Chip on the shoulder is good, and I hope it motivates him, but if he really thinks he's that good, he needs to outwork everyone to prove it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:19:39 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,060

Whether he develops into a player with a decent impact on the team or not.. I overall think we need more of this attitude on this club. It is okay to have a chip on your shcoulder... be a little pissed off. Better than some of the flat performances that we have seen sporatically over the last couple years.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 7/1/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 7/1/2014(UTC)
Offline musccy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:39:58 AM(UTC)
musccy

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Whether he develops into a player with a decent impact on the team or not.. I overall think we need more of this attitude on this club. It is okay to have a chip on your shcoulder... be a little pissed off. Better than some of the flat performances that we have seen sporatically over the last couple years.

Agreed. I like Daniels' bravado as well, so it's a good first step. Obviously he and other guys like Colt need to do more than say the right things, though.

Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:55:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,555
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Agreed. I like Daniels' bravado as well, so it's a good first step. Obviously he and other guys like Colt need to do more than say the right things, though.

They get their shot in about three weeks. Can't wait!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:02:54 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 292
Applause Received: 266

I was thinking that Bradford reminded me a little of Al Noga.

He should fit in pretty well with Daniels, who reminds me of John Randel.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:27:53 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 351

Bradford and Hubbard are very interesting prospects. The outside linebacker position is always a favorite of mine to watch during the pre-season. Wondering if either of these guys becomes this offseason's Vic So'oto. Remember that guy!? He was popular for a week :)
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline uffda udfa  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:56:53 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 146

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Bradford and Hubbard are very interesting prospects. The outside linebacker position is always a favorite of mine to watch during the pre-season. Wondering if either of these guys becomes this offseason's Vic So'oto. Remember that guy!? He was popular for a week :)

So'oto! I loved that guy. What a game he had vs. KC in the pre-season. Just insanely good.

Bradford, based on measurables, has a high risk of busting especially at OLB position. I'm very surprised we took him to use him at OLB. ILB seems to make so much more sense based on what he is physically.

Like you, I can't wait to see who this year's UDFA darling is? That is one of the many reasons I love pre-season football.

It'll be interesting to see if they would cut Bradford, if he fails to impress during TC and preseason, without giving him a shot at ILB.
UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
Offline musccy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:10:37 PM(UTC)
musccy

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa Go to Quoted Post

It'll be interesting to see if they would cut Bradford, if he fails to impress during TC and preseason, without giving him a shot at ILB.

From my 2 minutes of research, the last top 5 round picks I could find that the Packers cut in the year they drafted him were Jamon Meredith and Ingle Martin (5th Rd). I'm assuming the Packers will do all they can to give Bradford a shot.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 7/3/2014(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 8:20:29 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 53

you can play with a chip on your shoulder all you want, the problem is that chip weghs down too many guys, gotta be able to handle the chip ala aaron rodgers !!
jimmy b.
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 8:40:50 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Yeah, the article and his statements really mean so little. We have to wait and see what he can do opposite Matthews. That's what I want to see, and if he cannot make an impact there, i think he can at ILB. I will be pulling for Bradford to be a force on the left side to start the season, with Perry moved to the right side backing up Matthews.

Chips on shoulders are a dime a dozen. All I want to see is great OLB play on that side of our front 7, something we have not seen in a very long time with any consistency.
Offline Wade  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 9:19:30 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 674
Applause Received: 688

The one pick of the draft I liked -- and they're planning on using him at OLB instead of ILB. ARGH!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bang Head Confused WTF?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
uffda udfa on 7/4/2014(UTC)
Offline StarrMax1  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 9:34:50 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1

United States

Applause Given: 91
Applause Received: 84

I think we all have to wait to see how these guys play in pre-season.

With Ted standing pat at the ILB position, signing Peppers, holding on to Mike Neal, I am betting there will not be many situations where The Packers actually have Hawk and Jones/Lattimore or whoever ends up being the listed "starting" ILBr's on the field at the same time.

With so many teams using 3 sometimes 4 WR sets, and using the so called "hybrid" TE, H-Back, whatever term you want to use, I see The Packers dropping an extra Safety in(hello M. Hyde), or using Peppers on the inside.

The Packers base 3-4 defense, IMO, will not be seen much this year, and maybe Bradford will show he can be that LB who can move around, but I think this year he will be asked to do what he has shown he does best.....Rush The QB!!!!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DarkaneRules on 7/4/2014(UTC), nerdmann on 7/4/2014(UTC)