Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline El3ment12  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:52:05 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 24

Jones is very under appreciated. If he goes he will be missed.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:16:00 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 1,314

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 Go to Quoted Post
Jones is very under appreciated. If he goes he will be missed.

It has been my experience in forum's like this, that Packers fans overvalue their players too much. Jordy and Cobb are our studs, the rest fill positions and are just average players; and it is fiscally irresponsible to overpay for a player like Jones. Off the top of my head, Jones single handedly lost us two Bear games, and in 2010 had embarrassing drops in the Philly playoff game and the Super Bowl. Like I posted earlier, I had lofty expectations for Jones because of his size/speed/strength combination - and he never came close to being the player I hoped would become.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:59:16 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
It has been my experience in forum's like this, that Packers fans overvalue their players too much. Jordy and Cobb are our studs, the rest fill positions and are just average players; and it is fiscally irresponsible to overpay for a player like Jones. Off the top of my head, Jones single handedly lost us two Bear games, and in 2010 had embarrassing drops in the Philly playoff game and the Super Bowl. Like I posted earlier, I had lofty expectations for Jones because of his size/speed/strength combination - and he never came close to being the player I hoped would become.

He had a clutch catch in the NFC Championship game v. CHI that year. I'll never forget that. Had his share of drops but I thought he came back around from that and was pretty reliable after the 2010 drops. I do agree he can be over valued, but Rodgers sure likes having him around. Would not be surprised to see a super cap friendly deal get done near the start of the season if no one else picks him up.
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:11:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
He had a clutch catch in the NFC Championship game v. CHI that year. I'll never forget that. Had his share of drops but I thought he came back around from that and was pretty reliable after the 2010 drops. I do agree he can be over valued, but Rodgers sure likes having him around. Would not be surprised to see a super cap friendly deal get done near the start of the season if no one else picks him up.

I'm sure James Jones wants to stay in Green Bay, what receiver wouldn't want to play with Rodgers? Question is what kind of home town discount is he willing to give?
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:37:53 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 323

It's Jones or Cobb in my opinion. That's the decision. I think you go with Cobb.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:50:23 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

IIR it was said when they drafted Jones that he had tremendous leaping ability and all Aaron had to do was throw it high and Jones would out jump the defenders and come down with the ball. I didn't see a lot of that. And I suppose it was the so called experts that were saying it not Mike or Ted.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:12:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
It's Jones or Cobb in my opinion. That's the decision. I think you go with Cobb.

That's a decision even Texas couldn't screw up.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 2/23/2014(UTC), Yerko on 2/25/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:01:13 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post

If that is the decision then I would agree with you. In my opinion I just don't think that is the decision.

we disagree on that.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#24 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:03:56 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

yup James Jones played 22 positions on offense and defense during those games and all the ST positions as well. He was the only player on the field so he single handedly lost the games.

You say some pretty stupid shit sometimes but I thought you were at least smarter than this. I guess not.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DakotaT  
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:16:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
yup James Jones played 22 positions on offense and defense during those games and all the ST positions as well. He was the only player on the field so he single handedly lost the games.

You say some pretty stupid shit sometimes but I thought you were at least smarter than this. I guess not.

Do you even know which Bear games I'm talking about? Peanut Tillman made Jones his bitch and forced several fumbles by Jones that lost us the games. See losing divisional games to our rival teams cause one of our players f*cks up stays with me a while. Jones has had way too many mental farts and he's lucky he got his last contract.

If any of you self proclaimed "experts" had an ounce of personality this place would be a lot more fun! Instead all this has become is a copy and paste of stupid stats that don't mean anything. So basically f*ck you for calling me stupid, and I'm not going to have a four page pissing match with you, cause frankly, you don't mean anything to me.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 12:53:58 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 867

Do you even know which Bear games I'm talking about? Peanut Tillman made Jones his bitch and forced several fumbles by Jones that lost us the games. See losing divisional games to our rival teams cause one of our players f*cks up stays with me a while. Jones has had way too many mental farts and he's lucky he got his last contract.

If any of you self proclaimed "experts" had an ounce of personality this place would be a lot more fun! Instead all this has become is a copy and paste of stupid stats that don't mean anything. So basically f*ck you for calling me stupid, and I'm not going to have a four page pissing match with you, cause frankly, you don't mean anything to me.

lol you are all strung out on a couple fumbles from 2007 by a rookie. A wee bit obsessive don't you think? Not to mention he easily played up to his last contract so calling it "luck" is just bullshit.
Offline blueleopard  
#27 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 1:46:56 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 69

I went to school with James, so I'm biased. But the guy was pretty damn dynamic.

And if he didn't play to your expectations, then your expectations are ridiculous. He got drafted in the third round out of a school not known for football and had to play second fiddle to Donald Driver and Greg Jennings most of his career. He finally got a chance to start and he scored 14 TDs. Pretty damn good in my opinion.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/24/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:47:38 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
I went to school with James, so I'm biased. But the guy was pretty damn dynamic.

And if he didn't play to your expectations, then your expectations are ridiculous. He got drafted in the third round out of a school not known for football and had to play second fiddle to Donald Driver and Greg Jennings most of his career. He finally got a chance to start and he scored 14 TDs. Pretty damn good in my opinion.

But he was suppose to become Sterling Sharpe with all that dynamic ability. Besides, I'm not the one not resigning him, just the guy speaking his mind about an average player. I'm just the same asshole too that expected Hawk to become a superstar with where he was drafted. I'm just horribly unfair to these guys. Rolling Eyes
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:57:48 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,044

It does not come down to Randall Cobb OR James Jones. If anything, it would be more Jones or Jermichael Finley. The Packers will try to extend Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb during the season after they've spent some cash on free agents, theres and others. Then they'll have a better gauge of what kinda bonus they can dish out to front load Cobb or Nelson's contract.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#30 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:03:43 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It does not come down to Randall Cobb OR James Jones. If anything, it would be more Jones or Jermichael Finley. The Packers will try to extend Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb during the season after they've spent some cash on free agents, theres and others. Then they'll have a better gauge of what kinda bonus they can dish out to front load Cobb or Nelson's contract.

I hate to think that this might be the case, but you are probably be right. I'd take Jones over Finley in a heartbeat. Way less downside. Finley is more of a circus act. Jones is steady and reliable.
Rss Feed