Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#61 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 1:30:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,015
Applause Received: 1,457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Seattle's D is good, but they seemed to be pretty healthy. And here's, IMO the major deciding factor in that game: Peyton overprepares himself for big games, then gets overly tense and shits himself.

What we say in the Superbowl this year was FOUR solid quarters of Mike McCarthy LULL. Tense up, think too much, be tentative, never get into a rhythmn, shit yourself repeatedly.

Archie Manning was a great player, stuck on a shitty team for his entire career. His sons are his revenge on the NFL. It just means too much to Peyton Manning. He can't relax and just play in those situations.

Manning is all right in my book.
He won the only SB that I wanted him to win. SB XLI.

UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#62 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 1:30:35 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

1,876 miles according to Google Maps.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 4 applause.
wpr on 2/3/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 2/3/2014(UTC), play2win on 2/3/2014(UTC), cheeseheads123 on 2/3/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#63 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 1:31:52 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
1,876 miles according to Google Maps.

I was going to check on that a couple of days ago and didn't get around to it. I am glad there are other smart @sses around here.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#64 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 1:47:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
You don't know what attempts were made lol. Either way the fact is they were interested in him which makes the packer people statement complete bullshit. People take the packer people thing too far it isn't a thing as much as some people act like it's a thing.

Players who were "Packer People" died in the 80's if not before.

Davenpoop, Jolly and a whole lot of others, too many to recall them all, have had run ins with the authorities. (Hot tub anyone?)

Me I like to use the term only to get other people all worked up. Mainly because it is so easy to do. I didn't realize you were one of the people who is overly sensitive to the term.

In reality Lynch was questionable. Since GB was going to be draft after Seattle they could not offer a 4th and 5th because higher picks were already offered by Seattle. GB couldn't offer two 4th round picks since their 2nd pick wasn't known at that time and it was a compensation pick. That only leaves offering a 3rd round pick PLUS something later in the draft. There was sufficient doubt as to whether or not he was worth a 3rd round pick. that could be character wise or ability wise or both.

Turns out GB didn't need Lynn to win the SB that year. It would have been nice to have him the next couple of years but in the long run I am glad they didn't trade for him because if they had they would not have selected Lacy last year. When it is all done Lacy is going to have the better career.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#65 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 1:58:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

God that Packer People shit sickens me! Anybody that actually believes in that shit really needs to seek some more education on human psychology. Human beings are not nor will they ever be perfect. The Packer People bullshit is a politically correct way of saying we don't want players like Michael Irvin or Terrell Owens, only people are too chicken shit to actually say it.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#66 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 4:50:56 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Manning is all right in my book.
He won the only SB that I wanted him to win. SB XLI.

That'd be some book! Rolling Eyes Sarcasm
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#67 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 5:09:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
That'd be some book! Rolling Eyes Sarcasm

it is. You're in it.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#68 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 5:28:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

it is. You're in it.

Good or bad, you fuckrs feed off me, no doubt in my mind. You're welcome, Wayne!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/3/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#69 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 6:54:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Good or bad, you fuckrs feed off me, no doubt in my mind. You're welcome, Wayne!

as do you my friend.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#70 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 8:25:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

as do you my friend.

I'm pretty sure I'd strive and survive in any atmosphere. I choose to be here because of some of you!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:06:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Let me get this straight.... I said "Packer People," once, and stevie gets his undies in a twist and ruins a perfectly good thread? And this gets another, separate "Packer People" thread started?

Wow. Awesome!

Happy Offseason motherfuckers!

Bigger point is we really need playmakers, and maybe we should be more willing to work with some talented players who have these qualities while also bringing along a downside or a little baggage.

Johnny Jolly. Great, yeah, he's got the baggage, but this happened to one of Ted's guys, on Ted's watch. Koren Robinson, actually, another Ted drafted player.

I want to know why we didn't go after a badass MF like Bernard Pollard at S back in the day. Hell, I want to know why the hell Holmgren wanted Wayne Simmons off the team after helping us win SB XXXI. And, Randy Moss could have been paired with Favre if Ted really truly tried harder.

For those too young to recall, I think the Packer People jag started after the Mossy Cade train wreck, and the James Lofton fiasco. Wolf adding Rison actually fell outside of this window, and his stay was very short.

I want Ted to sign some bad ass defenders. Plain and simple. We need some talent and attitude.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/4/2014(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:32:14 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Let me get this straight.... I said "Packer People," once, and stevie gets his undies in a twist and ruins a perfectly good thread? And this gets another, separate "Packer People" thread started?

Wow. Awesome!

Happy Offseason motherfuckers!

Bigger point is we really need playmakers, and maybe we should be more willing to work with some talented players who have these qualities while also bringing along a downside or a little baggage.

Johnny Jolly. Great, yeah, he's got the baggage, but this happened to one of Ted's guys, on Ted's watch. Koren Robinson, actually, another Ted drafted player.

I want to know why we didn't go after a badass MF like Bernard Pollard at S back in the day. Hell, I want to know why the hell Holmgren wanted Wayne Simmons off the team after helping us win SB XXXI. And, Randy Moss could have been paired with Favre if Ted really truly tried harder.

For those too young to recall, I think the Packer People jag started after the Mossy Cade train wreck, and the James Lofton fiasco. Wolf adding Rison actually fell outside of this window, and his stay was very short.

I want Ted to sign some bad ass defenders. Plain and simple. We need some talent and attitude.

Ha! All I did was ask you to prove what you were claiming and you didn't seem to like that. I don't disagree that we need more playmakers but crying about the past doesn't accomplish anything. Everyone's a genius in hindsight. Would it have been cool to draft Richard Sherman instead of Davon House heck yeah but even Seattle didn't think much of Sherman in the draft or they wouldn't have waited until the 5th round to take him.

Talent is king and we need more talent, period. Guys like Navarro Bowman, Luke Kuechly, Lavonte David aren't necessarily "bad ass" but they are awesome. Not saying to disregard someone because they have a bad attitude or whatever but it's not that important regardless of how much it gets fans fired up.
Offline play2win  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:40:08 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

It's alright steveishere. I did back it up with the corresponding info. My point was really that I wonder if the pendulum has swung too far the other way, precluding us from landing some top talents.

Also, know that I'm not in favor of adding a bunch of criminals just to win. It is indeed a slippery slope. Ted has added a lot of good people to our roster, but we are definitely lacking some good players, at many positions.
Offline Wade  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:24:05 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 694

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
What is your problem?

A half hearted attempt by Ted Thompson, to me, does not automatically translate to "trying." I guess it does to you.

Agree with this.

Thompson has had two major free agent acquisitions in his tenure as GM. Both were in 2006. That means he has had nine (about to be 10, I expect) years in which he has not made a single major free agent acquisition.

I'm not bothered by the fact that Ted missed on Lynch or that he missed on Moss or that he missed on any individual free agent acquisition. I'm not bothered by the fact that he missed one person who was a Packer person or that he missed one person because he wasn't a Packer person.

What I'm bothered by is that he has made just two free agent acquisitions that I would count as major in his entire tenure as GM, and none since 2006.

Nor is "he was in cap hell" enough of an explanation. Other teams (and not just the Snyders and Jones) have been at least as tight against the cap and found a way. And, again, it's been 9 years.

Draft and develop isn't enough. Just re-signing your own players (before or after they become free agents) isn't enough.

Not unless you are the best drafter in NFL history by a standard deviation or so.

IMO.

If he's only been able to get two substantial free agents since 2005, then either isn't trying or he isn't trying enough.

IMO.

Message modified by user Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:34:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added couple paras.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 2/4/2014(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 2/4/2014(UTC), play2win on 2/5/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 5:37:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

I don't think free agent's want to come and play in Green Bay. How many of you would take a vacation to Bismarck? Enough said!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 2/4/2014(UTC), DoddPower on 2/6/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed