Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:35:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,306
Applause Received: 577

I've often said that if Aaron went down, it would force this team to adhere to fundamentals.

This team is known for not showing up for a full 60 and continuously going into lulls. They don't seem to show up until "adversity" hits and their backs are against the wall.

I've always said this was a case in point, of what I am talking about. Look what happened in '10. The Packers were on the verge of elimination, they had to win 5 games in a row just to qualify for the playoffs, then they had to win all the way through.

And they did it.

We've been at that point this season too, forced to ADHERE TO FUNDAMENTALS in order to play consistently and win games. Well, fundamentals are the key to winning.

It's put up or shut up time. They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

Anybody with me? I think we can be successful.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Sponsor
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I've often said that if Aaron went down, it would force this team to adhere to fundamentals.

This team is known for not showing up for a full 60 and continuously going into lulls. They don't seem to show up until "adversity" hits and their backs are against the wall.

I've always said this was a case in point, of what I am talking about. Look what happened in '10. The Packers were on the verge of elimination, they had to win 5 games in a row just to qualify for the playoffs, then they had to win all the way through.

And they did it.

We've been at that point this season too, forced to ADHERE TO FUNDAMENTALS in order to play consistently and win games. Well, fundamentals are the key to winning.

It's put up or shut up time. They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

I am. This team is going to rock this NFL season to another Lombardi Trophy. I know it. It is a better, deeper team than the one in 2010, as long as Aaron Rodgers makes a successful, healthy return from the clavicle injury. I believe he will, and I believe in our system. This team will respond to this incredible adversity to win it all.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:05:40 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I am. This team is going to rock this NFL season to another Lombardi Trophy. I know it. It is a better, deeper team than the one in 2010, as long as Aaron Rodgers makes a successful, healthy return from the clavicle injury. I believe he will, and I believe in our system. This team will respond to this incredible adversity to win it all.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:08:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
nerdmann on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Online mi_keys  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:33:21 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 202
Applause Received: 340

You're already wrong: the 2010 Packers only won 2 games consecutively at the end of the regular season to make the playoffs, not 5.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline coltonja  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:39:28 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 29

I have seen a lot of today that this is similar to 2010. Injuries- I agree. Depth and talent nowhere close, IMO. So many areas we were stronger in 2010. In fact' I only think we are better at running the football. Don't forget that year we had Collins, Woodson, Jenkins, Jennings, Driver- veterans and performers, among others, that kept our team together in times of adversity. Albeit, some of the previous listed were declining but the 10 team still held more depth and talent,
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:42:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post
I have seen a lot of today that this is similar to 2010. Injuries- I agree. Depth and talent nowhere close, IMO. So many areas we were stronger in 2010. In fact' I only think we are better at running the football. Don't forget that year we had Collins, Woodson, Jenkins, Jennings, Driver- veterans and performers, among others, that kept our team together in times of adversity. Albeit, some of the previous listed were declining but the 10 team still held more depth and talent,

Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Datone Jones, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett, Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin. Davon friggin House.

We got guys.
Offline RaiderPride  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:49:05 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 188

And they did it.

Who wrote this? I demand an internal investigation!

It could not be negative Nerdman the most negative nelly on the planet earth?

Or.... Maybe he did... Perhaps he stole someone's anti depression meds?

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 11/7/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC), hardrocker950 on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:03:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
Who wrote this? I demand an internal investigation!

It could not be negative Nerdman the most negative nelly on the planet earth?

Or.... Maybe he did... Perhaps he stole someone's anti depression meds?

You with me RP?
Offline coltonja  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:04:49 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 29

Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Mike Neal, Datone Jones, Casey Hayward, Morgan Burnett, Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin. Davon friggin House.

We got guys.

Haha this is exactly what I'm talking about matthews is a wash he was on 10, perry hasn't shown much but is on the way up. Same with neal, datone jones< Jenkins 2010 by a mile, Heyward has been hurt all year and < tramon 2010 our top cb then. Burnett is good but nowhere near Collins. Rbs are much better this year and Davon House had looked more like a stud than a dud.
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline DoddPower  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:22:37 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,774
Applause Received: 418

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post
Haha this is exactly what I'm talking about matthews is a wash he was on 10, perry hasn't shown much but is on the way up. Same with neal, datone jones< Jenkins 2010 by a mile, Heyward has been hurt all year and < tramon 2010 our top cb then. Burnett is good but nowhere near Collins. Rbs are much better this year and Davon House had looked more like a stud than a dud.

Regardless, this team doesn't have to be "as good" as the 2010 team to win the Super Bowl again. They just have to be one point better than everyone else they play in the playoffs, if they make it.

When Rodgers is healthy and this running game, the Packers have a chance to be one point better than any team in the NFL, and a realistic chance at that.

Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:00:35 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

GB has zero chance without Aaron. He is the difference between 2010 ad this team.
The only chance they have is if Wallace doesn't screw up too much before Aaron comes back. I will make that 10%.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:18:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
GB has zero chance without Aaron. He is the difference between 2010 ad this team.
The only chance they have is if Wallace doesn't screw up too much before Aaron comes back. I will make that 10%.

Thought the difference was Cullen Jenkins?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:21:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,752
Applause Received: 1,321

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Thought the difference was Cullen Jenkins?

then you thought wrong.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Online buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:42:07 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

And they did it.

You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "shit shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Rss Feed