Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:03:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,900
Applause Received: 2,096

Packers dominate the Bears, except with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, they are 0 - 2 on Monday Night Football.

uh - oh

I hope they rest James Jones. You know why too.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:44:18 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 251

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
Marshall and Jeffery can both go up and get jump balls. That right there is why I always cringe playing against Cutler, even though we have the record to say otherwise against him. He is willing to just chuck it up and let the WR make a play, and they can. I do think the Trestman offense is more tailored to be able to succeed with a backup like Josh, so I don't expect their offense to be neutered by much. Like our focus so many games this year, stuff the run and go from there.

The Bears defense, just having problems in so many areas. Their front 4 have not been getting it done, and I would like it to stay that way. Really don't want to see Peppers have the game of his season on Monday. Some fresh faces at LB, but that's what they drafted for, so could actually be a bright spot with the upgraded youth. Outside of Tillman, their backend is very beatable, and I look for Rodgers to have a stat padding kind of night that would make Nerdmann proud.

All said and done:
Packers - 34
Bears - 20

I agree with everything you said (I should since you basically agreed with me hahahaha) EXCEPT: Correct me if I'm wrong, it's LUKE not JOSH - McCown I mean. Aw, what's the diff? You seen one McCown, you seen 'em all.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DoddPower  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:31:18 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Marshall and Jeffery can both go up and get jump balls. That right there is why I always cringe playing against Cutler, even though we have the record to say otherwise against him. He is willing to just chuck it up and let the WR make a play, and they can. I do think the Trestman offense is more tailored to be able to succeed with a backup like Josh, so I don't expect their offense to be neutered by much. Like our focus so many games this year, stuff the run and go from there.

The Bears defense, just having problems in so many areas. Their front 4 have not been getting it done, and I would like it to stay that way. Really don't want to see Peppers have the game of his season on Monday. Some fresh faces at LB, but that's what they drafted for, so could actually be a bright spot with the upgraded youth. Outside of Tillman, their backend is very beatable, and I look for Rodgers to have a stat padding kind of night that would make Nerdmann proud.

All said and done:
Packers - 34
Bears - 20

Don't forget about the 6'6 tight end M. Bennett, either. That guys having a solid season . . . finally.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Tezzy on 10/31/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:40:01 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 65

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Don't forget about the 6'6 tight end M. Bennett, either. That guys having a solid season . . . finally.

Very true, the Black Unicorn is a huge addition to their offense. Bears should never fail scoring TDs in the red zone with all those huge targets.
On top of every beard grows a man.
DoddPower on 10/31/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:46:29 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 65

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I agree with everything you said (I should since you basically agreed with me hahahaha) EXCEPT: Correct me if I'm wrong, it's LUKE not JOSH - McCown I mean. Aw, what's the diff? You seen one McCown, you seen 'em all.

You are right about McCown's all look the same to me. It is Josh though, and the only reason I know for sure (other than hearing on Chicago radio every day) is that he looks just like Ivan Drago. That's how you can keep the McCown's, you know, if you are ever kidnapped and the only chance for release is if you can Name That McCown.

Josh McCownIvan Drago
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline DoddPower  
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:22:46 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Very true, the Black Unicorn is a huge addition to their offense. Bears should never fail scoring TDs in the red zone with all those huge targets.

They have a bunch of monsters, for sure.
Offline Yerko  
#37 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 2:26:05 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 238

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yerko my son heads out to one of the Packer bars and watches the games. lots of fans there.

Is it the grand one of them all, Wills Northwoods Inn? I have yet to go there but would like to one weekend. I've been spoiled by free Sunday Ticket this year so I don't have to trek out to a Packers bar but when I did, it was to a smaller one in Elmhurst, Il.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys on 11/3/2013(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#38 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 6:09:25 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 415

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
It all depends on your perspective. South of the cheeseland border beating to Bears even if they are hapless is much better than beating the vikies even if that win is for the division title.

The crap I get from Bears fans even from grandmas is ridiculous. A couple of wins a year keeps them quiet. I have not heard a whisper since the Bears began their annual hibernation.

I totally understand and I'm sure the majority of Packers fans would rather beat the Bears than the vikings. Its just that I grew up football throw (unless you have Ponders arm) from viking territory and vikings fans are insufferable. Besides, I have another reason for hating the vikings.

I don't have a huge knowledge of the NFL but I do know enough to know that George Hallas, among others of course, was instrumental in developing the NFL and because of that I have a lot of respect for the organization and the history.

The vikings are puny upstarts who deserve every beat down that they get.

Besides I get a kick out of all my Bears fans friends who hate it when they can't rub a Bears victory in my face.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#39 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 6:12:25 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 415

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
hahaha It's a bad thing for their defense. For some odd reason (maybe because of that game you mentioned), Cutler scares me just a little bit with his potential to explode/get inspired/whatever - even though it would be unlikely to happen. I'm more comfortable with a low-ceiling career backup like McCown in there. I bet he throws a couple to our guys.

So you are not one of those "we gotta beat em with their best guys on the field or we don't really beat em" kinda guys.

You know, those guys that are full of sh*t.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#40 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 9:05:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,921
Applause Received: 1,416

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I totally understand and I'm sure the majority of Packers fans would rather beat the Bears than the vikings. Its just that I grew up football throw (unless you have Ponders arm) from viking territory and vikings fans are insufferable. Besides, I have another reason for hating the vikings.

I don't have a huge knowledge of the NFL but I do know enough to know that George Hallas, among others of course, was instrumental in developing the NFL and because of that I have a lot of respect for the organization and the history.

The vikings are puny upstarts who deserve every beat down that they get.

Besides I get a kick out of all my Bears fans friends who hate it when they can't rub a Bears victory in my face.

I can appreciate this. I have a lot of respect for what Papa George did for the game as a whole AND for the Packers. Without him there might not even be a GBP. That said there are enough insufferable louts that try and grind my face in the ground because I dare to follow GB that I would not mind it if Chicago lost every game for the next 100 years. They can be beyond boorish behavior. I am sure there are just as many in MN I just don't see them week end and week out 52 weeks a year.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline beast  
#41 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 9:36:14 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 205
Applause Received: 292

True, but Cutler is also willing to just chuck it up there and lett he DB make a plays as well, if I'm reading the stats right, Cutler throw 1 TD and 4 INTs in his last two match-ups with the Packers. ThumpUp
I think Woodson loved to play against Cutler for that reason.

As for Josh McCown, he might not be as talented as Cutler but he might be a better overall fit for Trestman offense because he's safer with the ball.

Both Cutler and McCown started one game against the Packers in 2011

09/25/2011 Cutler was 21 of 37 (56.8%) for 302 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 3 sacks, 3 rushes for 11 yards.

12/25/2011 (Christmas game) McCown was 19 of 28 (67.9%) for 242 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT, 0 sacks, also 8 runs for 38 yards

Cutler had one more TD, but McCown had a better %, advoided sacks and could run better. I'd say McCown had the better game numbers wise and they scored a couple more points under him than with Cutler.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline hardrocker950  
#42 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 10:15:55 PM(UTC)
hardrocker950

Applause Given: 66
Applause Received: 73

It is a unique fan base in this area (NE Iowa.) Most of the people here are Packers, Vikings, and Bears fans - and the Chicago fan base has grown a lot in the past few years with many moving from Illinois to get away from inner city life.

That aside, I can't really expect the Bears to be a huge challenge given they don't seem to have the depth to overcome the injury situation. No team wants to play the Pack with their starting QB out - don't blame them.

I see us dominating on both sides of the ball with Lacy having a big game - 120 yards and 2 TDs. Nelson and Boykin both have a big game, each finding the end zone. Rodgers goes 29 of 34 throws 3 touchdowns with 290 yards. Defense plays strong through 3 quarters with 3 turnovers and gives up points with soft coverage in garbage time.

Packers win 41-20
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers
Offline beast  
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2013 6:29:10 PM(UTC)
beast

Bears sign DT Jay Ratliff
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline OlHoss1884  
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:17:54 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 158

NFL Network reports Ratliffe won't be active this week.

Cutler has had bad games against us but mostly because he tries to force to much...something he has done for years in Chicago with no weapons and terrible OC's to go with his bad line. This year the line is better and he's got Marshall, Bennet and Jeffrey in addition to Forte. Cutler being out hurts them but they hve a smart, offensive-minded coach who can make due with backup, especially against a secondary that still has a lot of coverage lapses.

The issue for the Bears is that they injury plague has finally hit their defense and they have no beef up the middle, just when we have a running game going. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us rack up 200 on the ground Monday night. In addition, their secondary hits hard and forces turnovers but they aren't especially good in coverage, something that will hurt them defensing in the red zone. ESPECIALLY if the pass rush is worn down from a 12 or 14 play drive like the ones last week.

I see the Packers getting 8 posessions and scoring like six times. If both teams were fully healthy I would say it would be close but I see this one going like 34-20
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline beast  
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:29:01 PM(UTC)
beast

I wish there was some some of season scenarios generator where you could pick the games and see how it would effect the standings. They do have some for the playoffs, but they all seem to start in week 13 and not go the whole season.

So to figure out what would happen in playoff stuff you have to go figure out the hard way (reading the rules and researching how things would come out).

So if the Packers beat the Bears, then the Packers will have tie breakers (at least for now) over the whole NFC North and on top of having a two game lead on the Bears and one game lead on the Lions.

BUT if the Packers lose to the Bea... Bea... lose to... THEM... then there would be a 3 way tie for the NFC North. And going to the division tie breakers rules, they would be tied for the top 3 tie breakers. Going to the 4th one... where the Lions would then have the best record in the NFC (Packers currently have the best record of the 3 in the NFC but a lost Monday would give it to the Lions for now). And Bears would then have the head to head win over the Packers...

Long story short, Packers are playing for 1st or 3rd... Bears are playing for 2nd or 3rd and Lions are going to be 1st or 2nd.

NFL.com wrote:
1) Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3) Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~