You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#76 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:14:33 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,361
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 347
Applause Received: 208

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Don't feel like taking your bait today, Texas. Continue your caveman social ways, and we will agree to disagree on this issue.


OK. Your surrender is accepted.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/3/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#77 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 8:27:17 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,849
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,390
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, but there are assholes that don't even think they deserve the crumbs they are getting now - some of who, post here. And I don't agree with any of you about what happened 100+ years ago doesn't matter. Those chain of events set up the wealth this country currently enjoys. That is worth monetary value. The American Southwest is the same thing - lands acquired by having superior weapons. How much wealth was acquired by Southern Plantation owners through free labor? Well I guess they did give free room and board. Sarcasm Same thing with the Asians that built the railroads for next to nothing wages.

We are finally at the point in our country's history that we can start recognizing all the bullsh!t and do something about it, but he evil ones holding the purse strings are successfully stopping that from happening so far. If we truly are this Christian nation that I hear Numbnuts spew all the time, then it is time to put up or shut the fock up and let the criticism remain.


I know I am greatly paraphrasing it but it was you that has often say no one should benefit from the the sperm lottery and people should not benefit from their parents. Yet you want to give money to someone simply because of their ancestors.

I don't advocate holding anyone down but I don't see throwing money at people simply because of their grandparents.

Anyone regardless of color or heritage if they have need should be helped. But unless there are reasons for it can't go on forever. They have to look for a way to help themselves sooner or later.

I insure a guy who is deaf. He is on some kind of aid. I don't know if it is disability or what. He also does odd jobs. Mowing and so on. Cash no doubt. He came into my office a few months ago and asked for $10 for gas money and to pay for his pills. I gave him $20. He was going to come in and work it off but never did. A couple of months later he came back and asked for another $10. I gave it to him but told him he had to do the odd jobs this time he promised but didn't. Came back a third time and asked for another $10 that he would repay. I said it was the last time. My point is how long to you help someone else? It can't be forever. Not even your own children. They have to stand on their own feet sometime.

Why would it be any different for an Indian or some other culturally disadvantaged? They have to live on their own merits eventually. Handicapped is one thing but not everyone qualifies. I have a cousin who is mentally challenged. She receives aid but has a small part time job too. Lives on her own. Knows which bus to take to work. It's a grocer so same bus to get food. Family helps her to a point but she really wants to be as self reliant as is possible. I know her support will last forever. I have no issues when we as a society help someone like that.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:11:48 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,960
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 565
Applause Received: 1,188

Is it their fault they had their spirits broken and stuck on reservations? Many of them do get out and take advantage of their entitlements -but many remain, just as a high percentage of inner city poor stay in their rut. I guess we'll always differ on our opinions on who are "deserved" of government aid.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:32:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,849
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,390
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Is it their fault they had their spirits broken and stuck on reservations? Many of them do get out and take advantage of their entitlements -but many remain, just as a high percentage of inner city poor stay in their rut. I guess we'll always differ on our opinions on who are "deserved" of government aid.



it is true we will differ on who deserves what and for how long.

Was your spirit broken by your childhood? Didn't you buck up and overcome? I know it was not easy and it was not a straight line up but you worked your rear off to make something of yourself. Troy you really are an inspiration to me.

There is no doubt whatsoever many but not all of those who speak about have a major hurdle to overcome. I guess I have met too many people: Indian, Black and other races who came out of poverty on their own efforts (so to speak. Everyone needs a little help now and again.) to say everyone in a certain race deserves a free pass forever.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#80 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 2:42:50 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Dakota, I think the problem most of us
have with your point of view is, you keep
acting asif NOTHING has changed from
150 years ago. When nothing is farther from
the truth.
It seems to me that the only one that talks
like a racist here is you. Seems to me you
hate white people. You want them to pay
forever for atrocities that happened 100 years
before they were even born.
Are you going to sign over the deed to your
home and car and all your possessions
to the Indians? If not, why not? After all, anything
you own now came from lands originally
owned by the Indians, right? All the money
you earned from your own hard work came
from the evil white men you keep ripping on.

No one here has denied what happened. But it's not
like that now. Same with slavery. It happened, but
thousands of WHITE people fought and died
I the civil war to stop it. Lincoln was murdered
for it.
The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.
They were vicious people, that tortured our
servicemen (including my father in law) in
POW camps. Should we hate Japanese people
today and expect them to make up for what their
grandparents did? And that was just one generation
ago. I say no. It's in the past. It deserves to
end, as the Japanese are not like that now.

Maybe it's just me.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/4/2013(UTC), wpr on 11/4/2013(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 11/4/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#81 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 6:13:43 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,960
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 565
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Dakota, I think the problem most of us
have with your point of view is, you keep
acting asif NOTHING has changed from
150 years ago. When nothing is farther from
the truth.
It seems to me that the only one that talks
like a racist here is you. Seems to me you
hate white people. You want them to pay
forever for atrocities that happened 100 years
before they were even born.
Are you going to sign over the deed to your
home and car and all your possessions
to the Indians? If not, why not? After all, anything
you own now came from lands originally
owned by the Indians, right? All the money
you earned from your own hard work came
from the evil white men you keep ripping on.

No one here has denied what happened. But it's not
like that now. Same with slavery. It happened, but
thousands of WHITE people fought and died
I the civil war to stop it. Lincoln was murdered
for it.
The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.
They were vicious people, that tortured our
servicemen (including my father in law) in
POW camps. Should we hate Japanese people
today and expect them to make up for what their
grandparents did? And that was just one generation
ago. I say no. It's in the past. It deserves to
end, as the Japanese are not like that now.

Maybe it's just me.


Seems to me it was ended with two huge bombs that decimated their environment for decades, oh yeah, and disintegrated millions on impact(s).

I don't hate anybody, but I do want whites to start recognizing how good we've had it, and part of the reason we have it so good is because we've done some terrible things and profited greatly. Self-righteousness is a terrible quality.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:47:07 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,361
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 347
Applause Received: 208

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Seems to me it was ended with two huge bombs that decimated their environment for decades, oh yeah, and disintegrated millions on impact(s).

I don't hate anybody, but I do want whites to start recognizing how good we've had it, and part of the reason we have it so good is because we've done some terrible things and profited greatly. Self-righteousness is a terrible quality.


Sheesh! Your self-hate and reverse ethnocentricity rears its ugly head again!

In the case of the Japs, those two nukes that killed a couple hundred thousand each, SAVED probably tens of millions of Japs, as they probably would have fought to the death as they did at Iwo Jima, Okinawa, and across the Pacific - not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Americans who would have died trying to take the home islands of Japan - maybe including my father, who was on a troop ship from Europe heading for the Panama Canal and Japan when the Japs surrendered. So if not for those two nukes, Dakota, you might not receive your daily ass-kicking, as I might never have been born.

What anybody with a brain in their head realizes is that WE - America - the western civilized world - has bootstrapped up the rest of the world, and made life better in terms of both freedom and comfort for people all over the world.

Google Hiroshima now and check out the present day pics. They have really made a remarkable recovery - thanks in large part to US.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:14:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,960
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 565
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post


What anybody with a brain in their head realizes is that WE - America - the western civilized world - has bootstrapped up the rest of the world, and made life better in terms of both freedom and comfort for people all over the world.



And the rest of the world just loves us for it don't they. Sarcasm Rolling Eyes

You sir live in a bubble. Nothing reasonable gets into those thick walls.

Newsflash for Texas, the rest of the world hates our guts.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:00:59 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,849
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,390
Applause Received: 1,187

Dakota The rest of the world hates us no matter what we do or don't do. If we help we are meddling. If we don't help we are being selfish.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:54:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,960
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 565
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Dakota The rest of the world hates us no matter what we do or don't do. If we help we are meddling. If we don't help we are being selfish.


Yes, let's feel sorry for ourselves. Rolling Eyes Or go with Curious George's great line - "They hate us for our freedom!"

Actually they hate us because of our intrusions, but Texas can justify everything we do - cause we're on top!! LOL
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:12:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,849
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,390
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yes, let's feel sorry for ourselves. Rolling Eyes Or go with Curious George's great line - "They hate us for our freedom!"

Actually they hate us because of our intrusions, but Texas can justify everything we do - cause we're on top!! LOL


I don't feel sorry for us.

They don't need a reason to hate us. They hate us just because they can. It is what it is. Nothing we do will change it unless we have less than what they have and then it will still take hundreds of years before they get over their hate if they ever get over it.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:25:43 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

LOL! You know what's funny? I was gonna write
that Dakota was gonna bring up the atom
bombs! What was Truman supposed to do ?
Let the war go on for 20 years, and let thousands
upon thousands more of young American men
die? You do know that after the first bomb
was dropped, Truman told the emperor to
surrender or there would be more bombs.
What did the Japanese do ? Did they
surrender? Nope. They wouldn't give up. And please
don't forget, THEY attacked US! We didn't
start it! It was their cowardly act that forced
us to defend ourselves and our allies.
We will be hated no matter what we do.

Should we try to make everyone love us by giving up our beliefs and freedom? Fact: are you supposed
to run your life worrying about pleasing
everyone? You can't do it, period.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 11/5/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:49:04 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,361
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 347
Applause Received: 208

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
And the rest of the world just loves us for it don't they. Sarcasm Rolling Eyes

You sir live in a bubble. Nothing reasonable gets into those thick walls.

Newsflash for Texas, the rest of the world hates our guts.


First of all, what a bunch of idiots soak up in propaganda and spit back out doesn't change the facts.

Secondly, where exactly in the world have YOU been? The places I have been have a high regard for America and all things American, generally showing more good sense on the topic than a self-hating/America-hating fool like you.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline IronMan  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:01:10 PM(UTC)
IronMan

Rank: Pro Bowl

Posts: 3,490
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 14
Applause Received: 53

You guys are wasting your time. Debating with a liberal is like trying to reason with a Braun/Alex Rodriguez apologist. Their guy is above reproach. End of discussion.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:08:23 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,361
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 347
Applause Received: 208

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yes, let's feel sorry for ourselves. Rolling Eyes Or go with Curious George's great line - "They hate us for our freedom!"

Actually they hate us because of our intrusions, but Texas can justify everything we do - cause we're on top!! LOL


Did Curious George really say that? Just think, that little monkey actually has a far better grasp of history and politics than YOU, Dakota.

You know what, though? Even if what your poor feeble misguided brain tells you is true - about America being so-o-o-o villainous hahahaha, I really could justify it - just because we are who we are. It must really suck to be so guilt-ridden and loathsome in your own mind that you would think otherwise.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
8 Pages«<45678>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.484 seconds.