DakotaT
11 years ago

Lambeau was not honored by the team until after he passed away.

What is good enough for the founder of the team is good enough for the guy who betrayed it.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

It's kind of weird how some of us really took Favre playing for the Vikings as a betrayel and others viewed it as business. The Packers winning the Super Bowl kind of took the sting out of Brett going to the Vikings, but I don't know that it was enough.

Maybe they should let the current players that played with Brett make the decision when his "Ring of Honor" day occurs - and by current players, I mean Aaron Rodgers.

UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
I tend to take all this "Favre reaching out to the Packers"/"Packers reaching out to Favre" with a really large dose of salt.

This may show Favre reaching out to Rodgers a bit, but I don't think it should be taken as any sort of indicator that he is mellowing with regard to the Packer non-player leadership, which, in the end, is what has to happen.

After all, Favre's hurt feelings/tantrum/petulance/whatever-you-think-it-was back in 2008 were never pointed at Rodgers. Right or wrong, his issues were with Ted Thompson and MM. In his eyes, they, not Rodgers, were the ones treating him wrong.

If Favre is trying to improve his relationship with Rodgers, its really for a different reason. It's not going to be because "we both hurt each other and its time to bury the hatchet" (which it'll have to be with TT/MM). It's going to be because "I didn't do right by you back then." I can see someone looking back and saying, "gee, I really was an asshole to this one guy, wasn't I?" a lot sooner than he says, "I still think the other guy was an asshole, but so was I, but it's time to forgive each other, isn't it?"

Or is that just me?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I'm looking forward to the team treating him like Curley Lambeau.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

Plus one for the suggested parallel, but minus one for the typo. [grin1]

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I'm still failing to understand this media driven rift between Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Shortly after the Giants beat the Packers, Rodgers was over at Favre's house for dinner. Months later, Brett on his own brings up Rodgers and how talented he is and how the Packers are in good hands, etc ... mind you, this was at Brett's retirement conference ... which is solely about HIM and he selflessly brings up a guy who he has a rift with?

Favre is pissed at Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy for different reasons.
Thompson because he doesn't feel he did enough to get the players he wanted, although Favre said during training camp of '07 that was the most talented team he's been on.
McCarthy because he chose Rodgers over him during that long six hour meeting around Family Night.

The only thing I can see as a rift between them would be the new boyfriend syndrome. Where you broke up with a girl, you're okay with it, but then you see her hanging out with another guy, a friend of yours and you get pissed because you realized you shouldn't have let her go in the first place. So your friend is now the new boyfriend and that sparks some sort of rift.

I think Rodgers should take a pic of his Super Bowl MVP trophy and send it to Favre with the text "Hey gunslinger, I showed you mine, now show me yours". 😉
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

It's kind of weird how some of us really took Favre playing for the Vikings as a betrayel and others viewed it as business. The Packers winning the Super Bowl kind of took the sting out of Brett going to the Vikings, but I don't know that it was enough.

Maybe they should let the current players that played with Brett make the decision when his "Ring of Honor" day occurs - and by current players, I mean Aaron Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I find it more offensive that he tried to force the team to release him by dropping an unplanned 12 mil on the cap and more importantly put them over the roster limit after drafting 2 QBs. All after he insisted they move on without him. The fake retirement and fake comeback are more offensive than going to the Vikings.

I also find it more of a betrayal that he went to the Lions and "other teams" to decode his playbook. Since the Vikings had already admitted they were in talks with Favre at the time, it isn't much of a speculation to figure he spent even more time helping out the Vikings. Since teams was plural, I would speculate that the Bears would be included in that.

I really don't care that he went to the Vikings. It kind of cracked me up. I was betting he would choke at the end of the year like he did for us. I even warned people that it would happen, but they just called me bitter and envious.

He didn't let me down.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
This is for those who jumped this theory of mine ...

I'm still failing to understand this media driven rift between Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Shortly after the Giants beat the Packers, Rodgers was over at Favre's house for dinner. Months later, Brett on his own brings up Rodgers and how talented he is and how the Packers are in good hands, etc ... mind you, this was at Brett's retirement conference ... which is solely about HIM and he selflessly brings up a guy who he has a rift with?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Brett Favre was asked about he and Aaron Rodgers "rift".

I think it was a ratings boost. And I think if Aaron (Rodgers) were on this phone right now he’d say the same thing. I spent a tremendous amount of time studying the game myself. … I can pretty much remember all the time Aaron would say, ‘You mind if I watch a little film with you?' This would be after people left on Wednesday or Thursday (at) 5:30 p.m. And I said, 'Sure.'

We got along fine, really. There were no problems between Aaron and I. I had no problem with him becoming the next quarterback for the Packers. It was bound to happen at some point. I’ve had no problems with the success he’s had. In fact, I’m proud of him.

Brett Favre wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Favre is pissed at Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy for different reasons.
Thompson because he doesn't feel he did enough to get the players he wanted, although Favre said during training camp of '07 that was the most talented team he's been on.
McCarthy because he chose Rodgers over him during that long six hour meeting around Family Night.

The only thing I can see as a rift between them would be the new boyfriend syndrome. Where you broke up with a girl, you're okay with it, but then you see her hanging out with another guy, a friend of yours and you get pissed because you realized you shouldn't have let her go in the first place. So your friend is now the new boyfriend and that sparks some sort of rift.

I think Rodgers should take a pic of his Super Bowl MVP trophy and send it to Favre with the text "Hey gunslinger, I showed you mine, now show me yours". ;-)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago
Favre just trying to stay in the limelight, even with waning relevance.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
8 years ago

Favre just trying to stay in the limelight, even with waning relevance.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think you are putting far to much of it on Favre and I am not surprised by that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not nearly so much Favre wanting to stay in the limelight as it is the media wanting to keep him there. Face it, he is a controversial player (ex player) and whatever he says draws attention. The more the media can keep him around the more they benefit. I doubt Brett Favre is calling up all these reporters and asking "Hey, you wanna know what I think about this situation"
nerdmann
8 years ago

I think you are putting far to much of it on Favre and I am not surprised by that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not nearly so much Favre wanting to stay in the limelight as it is the media wanting to keep him there. Face it, he is a controversial player (ex player) and whatever he says draws attention. The more the media can keep him around the more they benefit. I doubt Brett Favre is calling up all these reporters and asking "Hey, you wanna know what I think about this situation"

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Really? LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”