Zero2Cool
a month ago
I just won the NFL Draft.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
Not too bad. I'm basically picking known names that I like, lol.
UserPostedImage
beast
a month ago
 Screenshot_20240318-125145~2.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

1.25 S Nubin
Starting Safety

2.41 LB Wilson
Packers need another LB and Wilson has 1st round talent, but also a long injury history, and both Wilson and Walker are more of 4-3 OLBs than MLB, but possibly too valuable to pass up and Gute loves the NC area, where I believe he did his area scouting and where his dad did a ton of coaching, so he absolutely has the inside scoops in this area.

2.58 OL Amegadjie
The guy needs some development and be refined, but his the physical to be elite at any OL position. Has been playing at LT.

3.88 RB Benson
Athletic stud, tough he needs to get better at taking what the defense gives him, instead of trying to turn everything into a home run play every single snap. Sometimes a shorter run that results in a 1st down, is better than taking the risk of ripping off a huge play, but maybe not getting the first down.

3.91 CB Melton
Packers WR Bo Melton's you get brother, CB Max, has very good instincts as a CB and good speed for recovery, but hasn't been the most consistent from play in to play out, though some believe that's partly due to him playing on a bad team and trying to do too much.

4.126. OG Beebe
PFF doesn't like Beebe because they don't seem to believe he's athletic enough for NFL pass rush quickness. He's not the quickest, but absolutely no one is bull rushing him is going to get anywhere and he's done GREAT in college. Probably putting Beebe at RG to start. He has played RT, LT and LG in college.

6.197 C Nourzad
Give the Center some run power potential.

6. 202 OL Wallace
Three year starter at RT in college, with an extremely high floor as he's techniques are coaching tape materials, but he's lacking the physical potential, so his upside is limited, and he might have to move inside to OG, but start him at backup RT. Wallace will probably stay in the NFL a decade even if he nevers starts.

6.211 IOL Bortolini
He played Center his last year, but I don't think he's fully comfortable there, he looks much more natural at LG the year before. He can be an emergency Center, but maybe not ideally your starter. Great in pass protection, horrible in moving guys in the run game.

6.215 Slot Brown
Brown was a starting outside CB for Northern Iowa, when he transferred to Nebraska, he becomes an inside CB/S playing in the slot and in the box as a S/LB hybrid. Has almost no game experience as a deep Safety. So I'd say he's more of a slot CB.

6.219 S Oladapo
Wide range of opinions on Oladapo, and Packers have signed the former Oregon State CB coach, which surely knows a lot about Oladapo, so don't be shocked if the Packers pick Oladapo much higher than this.

On one hand, in college, Oladapo was used extremely versatile ways, doing just about some fo everything a DB can do. But he's 6'2", but his legs look longer than that , and as with a ton of taller DBs, their transitions look clunky and this is especially true for Oladapo. In a linear straight path Oladapo can look amazing, but force him to quickly change directions and it takes him a while, letting a WR get away. But he's big, he's physical and athletic, as long as you can find ways to limit change of directions on him. Which I assume the best ways would to be put him on a TE, or big body WR that isn't the most athletic.

7.245 LB Magee
A bit lighter but aggressive LB, that did a great job of making plays at his level, but some are concerned he'll need to play more within the scheme, as if he might not be athletic enough to get away with the extra aggressiveness at the NFL level, or that offenses could take advantage of it. But he graded out well in all areas at the college level.

7.251 TE All
PFF has All A's the #103 on their big board, when healthy, he MIGHT be a prefect H-back move TE, which Packers don't have a good H-back. But the thing is, All hasn't been able to stay healthy. Still might be worth a 7th round chance

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
I got a 2025 5th for moving back one spot.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a month ago
25 Byron Murphy DL Texas A
41 Kamari Lassiter CB Georgia A+
58 Tyler Nubin S Minnesota A+
88 Trey Benson RB Florida State A+
91 Spencer Rattler QB S. Carolina B+
126 Christian Mahogany IOL Boston College A+
169 Jaylan Ford LB Texas A+
202 Layden Robinson IOL Texas A&M B+
219 Brennan Jackson Edge Wash. State A+
245 Julian Pearl OT Illinois A+
255 Kingsley Eguakun IOL Florida B+

Using consensus mock draft database site.

beast
a month ago
 pff_mock_results - 2024-03-24T122138.610.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

1.25 CB Wiggins
One of the top CBs could absolutely fall to #25. Wiggins is lighter which wouldn't help himself with Gute, but he plays physical and rough, so his game doesn't show that he's lighter.

2.41 SS Nubin
Not the best athlete, but he has the best instincts and makes the least mistakes and best low miss tackle percentage of the Safeties in this draft class and Packers already got their FS, so a SS might do.

2.58 LT Amegadjie
I sometimes struggle to accept small school guys drafted high, but supposedly almost all scouting reports agree, this guy has all the physical tools, he just hasn't been able to put them all together yet, and great mauling attitude. Developmental LT, that should also be able to play OG if needed.

3.88 RB Benson
PFF's big board racker doesn't like Benson, supposedly because Benson doesn't read blocks well enough on the inside and wants to bounce it too much to the outside. BUT Benson is a larger RB and he's an athletic freak, that in 2022 broke tackles on an unheard of pace. Now in the NFL, defenders are going to be more athletic and he's going to have to learn to be better at simply taking what the defense gives you and not always trying to go for the home run shot, as sometimes 3 yards and a 1st down is better than taking a chance on breaking the big one and possibly getting 4th down.

3.91 RG Mahogany
GREAT 2021 season, freak accident took his 2022 before the season, 2023 mostly bounced back but not quite to 2021 form. At 6'3" would be the shorter OL that Gute has ever drafted, but Gute drafted Jenkins and Rhyan after getting coaches from their university, so maybe we might get an OL from Boston College, Georgia or UAB this draft.

Trade Down

5.142 DT Smith
I don't think anyone knows where DT Mason Smith will go in the draft, often hyped as a for sure future 1st round pick, he hasn't lived up to the hype. But if you solely focus on his 3rd and longs when he can pin his ears back and 100% pass rush, he does clearly have 1st round pass rush potential. But... one very well might also be able to argue that he has 7th round of UDFA run stopping skills... and LSU usually asks their guys to play the run first and then pass rush. But look at former Vikings DE Danielle Hunter also from LSU, struggled in the run conference in college, and then amazing in the pass rush league of the NFL. I think Smith could be going lot higher than expected based on his pass rush potential.

5.166 RB Tracy
Tracy was at WR for almost his entire college career, then transfered to Purdue and got moved to RB and looked shockingly natural there. Packers at times have looked for a WR/RB tweener (Anari Rodgers), well, here is your guy Packers. More RB than WR, but a good tweener of the two.

5.169 IOL Sundell
3 or 4 years starting at Center before moving.to LT last year, I'd probably move him back to Center, but for Emergencies he can backup all 5 spots, ideally though probably prefer him on the interior.

6.202 RT Wallace
Three years starter at RT, great technique, but lower pure physical talents, he might not ever be a starters, but he also might stick around as a backup for more than a decade. Also possibly might do better at OG.

7.245 LB Watson
Old school LB, great physical LB when going forward, struggles in coverage. But Packers could use another BIG run stuffer LB, to also deal with OL.

7.255 SS Oladapo
Some have Oladapo MUCH higher than this, and that might include the Packers whom have hired Oregon States CB coach whom surely knows Oladapo very very well. Oladapo is like a Swiss army knife, doesn't specialize in one thing but very good at a lot of things, but one MAJOR weakness is quickly change of direction... he has longer legs and his transitions are awkward and take time... so a Super Quick WR could absolutely give him fits. But get him a less athletic possession WR like Lazard, or a TE not named Kelce, and he might do well.
UserPostedImage
beast
a month ago
CBs trades Mock Draft

pff_mock_results - 2024-03-27T090124.707.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I might as well cover the CB trades first.

The Broncos have seemingly been trying to get rid of a ton of their players drafted by the previous team and this includes CB Patrick Surtain II, whom like Packers Free Agent signing S Xavier McKinney, I believe both have a connection to Packers new defensive Passing Game Coordinator, Derrick Ansley, as I believe he recruited both of them to play at Alabama.

Packers make two big CB trades,

1) Trade CB Alexander to the Falcons, so he can rejoin his former Packers DB coaches in Jerry Gray and Justin Hood.

2) Packers trade for CB Patrick Surtain II from the Broncos to join his former teammate S Xavier McKinney with the guy that recruited them to Alabama in Derrick Ansley and has been a division rival on the Chargers.

This also completes the Packers getting rid of all the players they have been rumored to be getting rid of (Bakhtiari, Campbell, etc) for injuries or locker room reasons. Alexander seemed fed up with Barry, and getting in trouble for telling the media his feelings, and whatever got him suspended with the Panthers game captain issue.

Now that has been explained, here is the draft pick selection.
=======================

1.25 CB DeJean
Seems like one of the top CBs very well could drop to the Packers. DeJean has GREAT footwork and is considered the best run defender of all the CBs in this draft and people believe he could be a starter as an outside CB, slot CB or S.

2.41 S Nubin
His athletic testing numbers were poor, but he's the most instinctive Safety and makes the least mistakes and lowest missed tackle percentage. As Packers keep grabbing great tackling DBs.

2.43 LB Wilson
Athletic freak, 6'4", 235lb, that ran a 4.43 in the 40. He has 1st round talents when healthy. Which is his issue, he's 24 and has a long injury lost. Also when it comes to blockers he's finesse, wanting to go around them and not take them on. But if you can keep him clean, he can absolutely fly.

3.88 LT Paul
An athletic 6'8" 330lbs, developmental LT, he's been able to get by with pure size/athletic skill set too much and hasn't developed his technique enough, but if he does, he's got an extremely huge upside. Pass blocking is his specialty as he's a bit finesse, and not a Mauler despite his size, but that was also true with Clifton and Bakhtiari. He's raw, needs to be developed, but if he develops, his potential is huge!

3.91 RG Mahogany
Absolutely amazing in 2021, off-season ACL tear took away his 2022, in 2023, he wasn't as good as 2021, but he might of needed to knock off the rust as his last couple of games were among his best and Packers have added his head coach on the Packers coaching staff.

4.126 DT Taylor III
Once considered a future 1st round picks, as he's powerful and explosive first step, but he's been extremely inconsistent. His first step can be dominated, but if he doesn't win right off the bat, he sometimes struggles to disengage. His most inconsistent is in the run game, as sometimes he can be powerful and completely control the run games, and other times, his pads go straight up and he's easy to control. But if he falls outside the top 3 rounds, I think you have to start to consider him.

5.169 RB/WR Tracy
After 5 disappointing seasons at WR (mostly at Iowa), a new coaching staff asked him to switch positions to RB and he looked more natural than most RBs. With vision, mental processing and sharp cuts to be a very good RB. Also has a lot of experience on STs.

6.202 RT/OG Wallace
Three year starters at RT, he has great technique but maybe not the physical skill set to stay at OT in the NFL, that being said, I think he might have a long career in the NFL at OG backup.

6.219 Slot Brown
Slot CB, Brown was a starting outside CB at a small school, transfered to Nebraska and made the switch to the slot. Good run defense.and height. I don't want to call him a Safety because he almost no experience deep, then again neither did the Safety the Packers drafted in the 7th in 2023 draft, but he still had more experience than Brown.

7.245 Slot Roberts
Three year starter where CBs have never gotten a passer rating of 50 nor above on him, as he specializes in zone coverage. But some issues include that he's a tad under 5'10", only 190lbs, average against the run and doesn't have the speed. Probably should of selected another LB here, but I didn't realize Roberts was that small/slow when picking.

7.255 ST Athlete Cole
Straight to the point, Cole doesn't have the technique to help too much as an edge rusher. But he is a freak athlete whom gives a ton of effort that might help a ton on STs.

Cole is 6'6", 280, explosive and runs a 4.67 in the 40, and has EXTREMELY long arms, and in theory he'd be the prefect edge rusher, but he simply doesn't have the instincts nor technique for it. But he shows great effort, and might be able to become a great STs player.

Heck, while I don't think it'd work (at least not quickly), I might even try him as an off ball LBer, whom specializes in run defense as he does a good job of being athletic and rallying to the ball, just not beating the blocks, but beating the blocks as an off-ball LB would be a lot different than DE.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
Kinda wish these were more random. I'll have to tinker with the slider.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a month ago
I had 20 plus several more for 2025 with a couple of relatively small trade backs in my last mock draft. I might go for 30 in the next few weeks. (Not!) No one takes a kicker except me, and I get down graded by the silly assed ranking system when I do. 20.

Like that kid told George... Dip the chip once, then be done with it. I think no more trades for me.
beast
22 days ago
 Screenshot_20240404-162802.png You have insufficient rights to see the content. Screenshot_20240404-162812.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Trying to do something a bit different.

25 Trade back, lose a 5th but pick up a 3rd and 7th for moving back 5 spots and the guys I was looking at were still on the board.

30 OL Barton
In theory Barton can play all 5 OL spots, though some are worried his lack of arm length will hurt him too much at OT. Either way, the Packers have need on the inside too, and Barton might be able to become all pro on the inside.

41 OT Guyton
Athletic freak whom is extremely raw in technique but he's also extremely athletic considering he's 6'8" 320 lb. He's even play some H-back (move TE) before he earned the starting spot. Guyton needs some time to develop, but the physical tools are there to be an elite pass blocker.

58 LB Wilson
If he wasn't extremely injury prone and 24 years old now, they would probably be talking about Wilson in the 1st round. Outside of the injuries/age, my biggest issue with him is that he's an athletic LB like Walker, that would probably be best as an 4-3 OLB as he rather go around a block, and avoids taking it on and the Packers need that MLB, as all teams play a 4-2 Nickel Defense now. But when healthy, Wilson can abso

88 RB Brooks
Arguably the best RB in football last year before he tore his ACL. But he was behind another great RB for most of his college career and only got one year to show what he has... it was a great one year, but ended in season ending injury.

91 FS/Slot Bullard
Bullard is an athletic Safety that was a starter in the slot first and that might be his best role, but he can also play FS deep, not nessarily the best tackler in the SS role.

93 SS Hicks
I believe in a Cover 3 SS robber role like the Seahawks used to run (and 49ers copied, including when Hafley was there), I think Hicks could be perfect in the SS role, as sit back in a zone and then explode toward wherever the ball goes is a huge strength of Hicks. But he has some holes in other types of coverage roles.

126 CB Jones
Jones has been an outside CB, but this last year he switch to the slot and did absolutely amazing in man coverage in the slot and good run defense out of there.

202 LB? Hunt
Hunt has been playing an athletic Edge Rusher role, but I think it's clear he's not physically enough to stay there in the pros. But before being switched to Edge Rusher, he was a College Safety (and WR/CB in highschool), he's now 6'4", 250lb, I want to split the difference (between DE and S) and put him at LB.

219 S Brade
Good ball skills, but just about everything else is about average... but he's best when attacking forward and good, not great around the line of scrimmage.

228 OL Wallace
Three year RT starter with great technique... but he's not the most talented, and might not have the talent to be a full time NFL starter, and might lack the potential to improve that much as his technique is already very good. That being said, guys like him sometimes say in the NFL more than a decade as a journeyman backup with some starts once in a while.

245 TE Wiley
Very limited in what he's good at... but his main thing is vertical routes down the middle of the field, getting in between the Safety and catching the ball. He's not a good blocker, he's not good at change of direction... but straight vertical routes and he'll catch you a mid-deep ball. 6'6" 250lb, runs a 4.6.im the 40... which is close to Musgrave speed. But Wiley is a one trick pony... but considering Musgrave's injury history, that one trick might be needed.

255 LB? Carlies
Extremely physical Safety, but also extremely tight hips and therefore he seriously struggles at change of direction, which means he NEEDS to switch to LB to have a chance, but he's 6'3", 227lbs, so when mixed with his extremely physical style, that gives him a chance at LB. But he's very straight line mover still. Should be a ST stud.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (11h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (12h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (14h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (14h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.