Zero2Cool
a year ago
The Aaron Rodgers to Jets storyline has had more twists and turns than M. Night Shyamalan movie. Primarily because of the misinformation that's spread around. Several weeks ago Adam Schefter gave his opinion and most outlets took it as a report. Schefter even went on Pat McAfee and said "I gave my opinion, I was very clear it was not a report, what can you do though" and while I'm paraphrasing there, I believe the attention was his intention. It's like when someone gets accused of a heinous crime. Everyone hears about it because of that shock value. How many people follow to find out they were innocent? Does that get blasted in our faces? Nope. Innocence isn't what we want. Innocence doesn't make us feel better about ourselves, but hey, someone with a lot of money being accused of something bad? That somehow makes us feel better. No one wants to admit that, let alone acknowledge it because that means they'd have to step down from that virtual pedestal they stand upon. 

Like about half million other people, I watched Aaron Rodgers on Pat McAfee. 

A few things stuck out to me ...

Rodgers has bemoaned anonymous sources, but when Adam Schefter texted him for information, he responded with something like "lose my number. nice try tho". You're a player in the NFL who has been one of the best arm talents the game has ever seen. You're going to be talked about. If they reach out to you, don't be a dick, just talk to them. Get YOUR side out there. Then again, maybe he's has his words taken out context so frequently that he just refuses to even put his toes in that water? Remember in 2017 he started recording his conversations with reporters so he wouldn't be misquoted.

Dianna Russini tweeted that Rodgers has a "wishlist" of players and that list included Lazard, Cobb, Marcedes and OBJ.  While talking with McAfee, Rodgers acknowledged the Jets asked him about some players and he gave his input. I thought Rodgers was kind of douche rocket when discussing this, but he did say when something gets put out there, it's like a game of telephone. Meaning she put out there there's a wishlist of players he would like the Jets to look at signing and it got turned into "oh, he wants these guys to be signed, otherwise he doesn't want to come". And I get it. How many people say Rodgers wants to be GM? How did that start? Simple. He said he wants to have a VOICE at the table. Somehow, wanting to be heard was turned into him demanding to make the decisions. 

He also contradicted himself on how much time he spent during his darkness retreat. He told Aubrey he spent "parts of" day three and day four, whereas weeks later with McAfee he said he devoted one full day contemplating retirement and one full day contemplating continuing to play. I know this well because I watched the interview days before he went on the McAfee show. This is trivial at best, but I look for reasons to believe someone. I'm just not sure how he goes from parts of two days to devoted entire two days as they are the same. Maybe I'm just being pedantic. 

While his comment of "I would say this is debatable, but I'm debatably the best player in franchise history" I think we all feel is accurate that he's definitely in the conversation. It came off a little insecure, similar to when Mike McCarthy said, "Let's state the facts: I'm a highly successful NFL coach". Rodgers has said a few times that, Bart Starr is the greatest Packer ever. I don't know what has changed in the last five to seven years. I'm not condemning Rodgers for this comment either. I also don't condemn him for feeling insecure. The man is human, it's perfectly normal. It's just an observation here, not criticism. I felt it illuminated a little insight into his mindset.

After the Lions game, Rodgers said something about not feeling like the Packers wanted him back. In another discussion when asked about that comment, he said he had a feeling the Packers just want to go younger. Then on McAfee he said the Packers told him before his retreat they would welcome him back with open arms next season. This is confusing because he said he hadn't talked with Packers since the first week after the season concluded. So if they told him that, why would he still feel they wanted to move on? It doesn't make sense. He also said he was 90% retired when he went into the retreat and when he came out he got phone calls, voicemails and/or texts saying Packers were shopping him around and he wanted to continue playing. I'm not gonna listen to the whole thing again so I can word it properly or accurately because you don't care. The premise is there though. 

Something else of note. Rodgers has said a few times he doesn't want to follow Favre's footsteps. Not in those exact words. He goes to the Jets? Same thing as Favre did? Rodgers did say he had interest in uniting (he was careful not to say reunite) with someone was important to him. It seemed obvious it was Davante Adams. Anyhow, the reason I bring this up is because he is very selective with his wording. When he pauses and inhale, exhale, he's being super calculated and said 'it is my intention to play for the New York Jets', sure you can claim semantics or being pedantic here, but the guy chooses his words with reason. Doubt me? IMMUNIZED! Yeah, moving on. If this doesn't go down how we all think (trade to Jets), it will be interesting to hear the back story as to why it didn't happen. Also, keep in mind that Rodgers when asked by Brandon Marshall about meeting with Woody Johnson (BIG PHARMA heir) he said it was "interesting". I'm not entirely sold that Rodgers wants to play for the Jets.

While I don't agree with the (perceived) tone at times talking others down, I kind of get where the angst is coming from. There were just several things he contradicted himself on. Really kind of surprising (to me) from a guy who wants transparency and everyone to shoot straight. I suppose as Ted Thompson used to say, he’s a complicated fella. 🤷‍♂️
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago
So I THINK you heard him wrong, or maybe I did, but I’m pretty sure he said they told him in the exit interview immediately after the season that they would welcome him back with open arms. Not the week before his darkness retreat.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

So I THINK you heard him wrong, or maybe I did, but I’m pretty sure he said they told him in the exit interview immediately after the season that they would welcome him back with open arms. Not the week before his darkness retreat.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

That could very well be. I listened live and was trying to make sense of some things. So, I might have misheard him. I might give it a listen tomorrow. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Something else just popped into my head from that conversation.  And I'm probably the only one who finds this trivial crap interesting BUT....

Aaron Rodgers said he made his decision "Friday" that he intends on playing for the Jets. Remember when Mark Murphy made his comments?  It was that same Friday. So, did Murphy make those comments because Rodgers decision to play elsewhere or did Rodgers decide to play elsewhere BECAUSE of Murphy's comments? 🤷‍♂️ 
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Speaking of Aaron Rodgers Contractions on the Pat McAfee show.... and maybe this is extremely minor but...

Rodgers said Adam Schefter can tell you what his reply was...

Adam Schefter then screen shotted and posted Rodgers reply for people to see...

Then Rodgers got all puffy and upset that Schefter did this, suggesting Schefter wouldn't like it if he posted screen shots of Schefter comments.

=====================

But Rodgers, live in the moment, failed to see that he basically gave Schefter verbal permission to do that. Yes in hindsight, Rodgers might of meant to give Schefter permission to type out the response, and not necessarily screen shot it, but didn't clarify it that way. Also screen shot is easier and gives more direct evidence, that those were the exact words.

I just found it was interesting to see live, that Rodgers got upset, for someone doing something he gave them permission to do... because they did it in a different way than he desired.

Though it needs to be noted, he doesn't like that person's job... so this can't be directly translated over to say WRs or something... but can be with Rodgers getting pricky with some media.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (40m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.