Discussion Board
Mucky Tundra
2021-11-29T01:29:51Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I really wasn't expecting a win with how banged up the OL is. Wow. How did Aaron Donald not kill us?

Well, he TRIED to kill Lucas Patrick but the ref stopped him
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2021-11-29T01:31:19Z
We still need the Rams to beat the Cardinals!

Cardinals schedule (9-2)
@ Bears
Rams
@ Lions
Colts
@Cowboys
Seahawks

Packers schedule (9-3)
Bye
Bears
@ Ravens
Browns
Vikings
@ Lions

Buccaneers (8-3)
@ Falcons
Bills
Saints
@ Panthers
@ Jets
Panthers

Cowboys (7-4)
@ Saints
@ WFT
@ Giants
WFT
Cardinals
@ Eagles

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-11-29T01:57:50Z
Davante Adams said he sent his jersey to the Rams locker room postgame for Odell Beckham Jr.

“I told him just don’t put a hole in the wall this time.”
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-11-29T02:10:29Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I really wasn't expecting a win with how banged up the OL is. Wow. How did Aaron Donald not kill us?

A few holding penalties but overall impressive play by the OL

"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
nerdmann
2021-11-29T03:51:22Z
Not counting PAT, Crosby was 3 of 4 today, which puts him at 75%. A lot of kickers hit 75%. Crosby is usually trying to be above 80%, so he is off his normal pace. Not to jinx him, but I don't think he's terrible right now. He'll settle in with this new longsnapper.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2021-11-29T05:15:13Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Not counting PAT, Crosby was 3 of 4 today, which puts him at 75%. A lot of kickers hit 75%. Crosby is usually trying to be above 80%, so he is off his normal pace. Not to jinx him, but I don't think he's terrible right now. He'll settle in with this new longsnapper.

The FG unit at least looked like a smooth process for the first time in a long time.

As far as FGs since I think the new LS took over.
  • Inside 30 - 100% (3/3)
  • Over 50 - 100% (1/1)
  • Between 30-50 - 16.66% (1/6)

Against the Rams it was two inside the 30 and two in the 40s yards, going for 75% (3/4)

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2021-11-29T14:14:33Z
I saw where Darnell Savage tweeted after the game that he is okay.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-11-29T17:42:07Z
It may not have been a lot of yards but how can you complain about going 7 for 7 against Ramsey?
OVERRATED.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-11-29T20:27:53Z
Some of the things I love about the highlights:
1. Pin point passes from Rodgers
2. Right threw the hands/arms of Donald.
3. Old man Cobb getting big YAC x2.
4. Outrunning Ramsey for the TD. BURN!

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-11-29T22:25:28Z
From the highlights posted, when Rodgers outran CB Ramsey, it looks like of he simply hands it off, that's an extremely easy TD, and Rodgers made it harder than it had to be, also LaFleur said that was 100% a run and Rodgers just did his own thing... with how easily it looked like Dillon would of been in, I'm not sure I like the style points, vs the keeping it simple, stupid method.

On Cobb's long catch and run Cobb makes great angles but also to point out TE Dugara blocked two guys with his back turned to them! He turned his back to them to avoid an illegal blocking back to your goal line rule, and he was probably just lucky to get the second guy, but still great effort just to get nthe original block and let Cobb have a one on one the rest of the play

Also with TE Lewis' fumble, great effort by the OL to follow the ball in case it comes out or they need extra blocking, both Nijman and Patrick were there to recover it!

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-11-30T02:58:04Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

From the highlights posted, when Rodgers outran CB Ramsey, it looks like of he simply hands it off, that's an extremely easy TD, and Rodgers made it harder than it had to be, also LaFleur said that was 100% a run and Rodgers just did his own thing... with how easily it looked like Dillon would of been in, I'm not sure I like the style points, vs the keeping it simple, stupid method.

On Cobb's long catch and run Cobb makes great angles but also to point out TE Dugara blocked two guys with his back turned to them! He turned his back to them to avoid an illegal blocking back to your goal line rule, and he was probably just lucky to get the second guy, but still great effort just to get nthe original block and let Cobb have a one on one the rest of the play

Also with TE Lewis' fumble, great effort by the OL to follow the ball in case it comes out or they need extra blocking, both Nijman and Patrick were there to recover it!

DeGuara is Matt's guy. Theyvdrafted him and Dillon for Matt's offense. It's good to see him getting more involved. Sucks 85 went down, but I'd like to see 81 get more involved.

Lot of times it takes TEs 2-3 years to get up to speed in the pro game. Getting all these reps should help 81.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2021-11-30T13:57:12Z
Also looks like the Packers traded for the better of the Rams two punters... and all it cost was dropping the Packers 2023 6th rounder for the Rams 2023 7th rounder.

DeGuara is Matt's guy. Theyvdrafted him and Dillon for Matt's offense. It's good to see him getting more involved.

Well as Rodgers said during his first season in this system, while media kept asking about why they don't run more no huddle, because I'm this system you need extremely versatile players for no huddle, as a guy could be asked to be an inline TE, a FB or a WR on a different play and you need a couple of versatile guys that can adjust to the different roles without substituting anyone from the sideline.

Which is why I've thought they're certainly going to be drafting another TE this year...

Of course with Tonyan going down, there is a possibility they resign him for cheap.

Though one guy I've been wondering with the 2022 draft is TE Trey McBride from Colorado State. McBride is 6'3" 260 lbs and he does it all! He's not the best blocker (no college TE is, as they don't practice it enough, but he's better than most college TEs and gives great effort), but also has 90 catches for 1,121 yards which is simply unheard of in a TE. Usually when you see that, it's a tall WR which they're calling a TE. But McBride is actually being used like a TE.

Note: Looks like Colorado State is running the wide zone offensive system, so I'm expecting the Wide Zone teams (49ers, Rams, Packers, Vikings, Titans, Browns, Bengals, Falcons, Seahawks (maybe more)) to be racing to draft McBride. Most draft sites seem to have him as a 4th rounder at best... but I'll be shocked if he makes it out of the 2nd round.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-12-01T22:26:29Z

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-12-01T22:29:01Z
That Aaron Rodgers, what a douche!
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-12-02T01:57:30Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Note: That was the first sack of the season that he didn't split with someone else, and only the second sack of his three year career he didn't split with someone else... as a backup NT he might not get many chances.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-12-03T21:11:38Z

nerdmann
2021-12-04T21:41:33Z

beast
2021-12-05T00:07:26Z

Yes that play worked, and yes it was a touchdown, but I still have a big problem with it...

LaFleur stated it was not a QB option, and it was 100% a run play...

So on 3rd and short/goal, why didn't Rodgers trust the play? Why didn't he play within the system at the goalie?

And yes Rodgers got the touchdown, but look at Dillon, he would of easily made it in, at worse it would of been Dillon vs Ramsey with 6 inches and honestly Dillon probably would of gotten in before Ramsey got to him.

And if Rodgers thought that was blocked up... look at Randall Cobb, he's wide freaking open! Rodgers running it in, at most is the third best option there...

But why on a money down did Rodgers go outside the system? Is Rodgers cool when a receiver goes outside his system?

Yes, bottom line, does he get in or not? And he got in, so not a huge deal... but looking how the blocking was perfect for Dillon to bouncing it outside, or throwing it to Cobb... the fact that it was not supposed to be an option just makes it look a bit selfish to me...

And I don't like saying it, but at least on that play, Nerdmann rants of Rodgers going outside the system and trying to run up his own stats seems to be totally 100% correct, at least for that play.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-12-05T02:17:07Z
Another film breakdown.

go.pack.go.
2021-12-05T20:42:21Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Yes that play worked, and yes it was a touchdown, but I still have a big problem with it...

LaFleur stated it was not a QB option, and it was 100% a run play...

So on 3rd and short/goal, why didn't Rodgers trust the play? Why didn't he play within the system at the goalie?

And yes Rodgers got the touchdown, but look at Dillon, he would of easily made it in, at worse it would of been Dillon vs Ramsey with 6 inches and honestly Dillon probably would of gotten in before Ramsey got to him.

And if Rodgers thought that was blocked up... look at Randall Cobb, he's wide freaking open! Rodgers running it in, at most is the third best option there...

But why on a money down did Rodgers go outside the system? Is Rodgers cool when a receiver goes outside his system?

Yes, bottom line, does he get in or not? And he got in, so not a huge deal... but looking how the blocking was perfect for Dillon to bouncing it outside, or throwing it to Cobb... the fact that it was not supposed to be an option just makes it look a bit selfish to me...

And I don't like saying it, but at least on that play, Nerdmann rants of Rodgers going outside the system and trying to run up his own stats seems to be totally 100% correct, at least for that play.

I don’t know, I would certainly think if stats were the “issue” here, Rodgers would rather have a touchdown throw rather than a touchdown run.
UserPostedImage