Discussion Board
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2021-11-29T02:20:52Z
Bring a couple of posts over here to talk about the job the line did today. The backups really did the job.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I really wasn't expecting a win with how banged up the OL is. Wow. How did Aaron Donald not kill us?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Well, he TRIED to kill Lucas Patrick but the ref stopped him

Originally Posted by: wpr 

A few holding penalties but overall impressive play by the OL

I think Donald was getting a little frustrated.

"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2021-11-29T02:23:40Z
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2021-11-29T02:29:24Z
Kevin had in on the shoutbox but I'm putting it here too.

"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Mucky Tundra
2021-11-30T00:18:20Z
Swiped from the Fan Shout (copying wpr here)
Quote:

dfosterf (22h) : Thats a major prop to Gute. I was wondering about his point of emphasis regarding the o line. I don't wonder anymore

He really threw curveball drafting 3 lineman in this draft after drafting 3 the previous year. C was a need for sure but I don't think anyone was really worried about the starting oline and the depth. Nailing your oline picks is a gonna go a long way in helping your other picks on offense.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
nerdmann
2021-11-30T03:00:21Z

Swiped from the Fan Shout (copying wpr here)

He really threw curveball drafting 3 lineman in this draft after drafting 3 the previous year. C was a need for sure but I don't think anyone was really worried about the starting oline and the depth. Nailing your oline picks is a gonna go a long way in helping your other picks on offense.

I was always more of a Ted guy. You don't need special players for guard. But man, we're learning right now how good it is to have depth, all the way across that Oline. Our Oline coach seems uniquely talented too, not to jinx.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
2021-11-30T03:25:09Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I was always more of a Ted guy. You don't need special players for guard. But man, we're learning right now how good it is to have depth, all the way across that Oline. Our Oline coach seems uniquely talented too, not to jinx.

I'm not sure if it's Gutey valuing guards more than Thompson did. I think he just wanted depth for now and to have some guys for the future. Plus he went about about it in such a wide net approach. Drafted Runyan, Hanson and Stepaniak with late picks with the idea of "want a starting NFL offensive lineman? Draft 3 guys from college and hope one pans out." With Myers it's paying a high pick for a premium player. Newman is the classic "mid round guy who needs an offseason of workouts." Van Lanen is another late round project. Yosh was an UDFA with all the measurables but no technique. It's possible that all the starters for the 2023 line already on the roster even if they let Turner and Bakh go between now and then.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2021-11-30T04:02:14Z

Oh I was worried about OL especially because I didn't know when Bakh might be healthy and I didn't trust Nijman. So I thought the Packers had no depth at OT and C.

As for curve ball of drafting 3 OL after drafting 3 OL... to a certain degree I disagree. Because while they did draft 6 OL in the last two years, they only drafted two of those in the top 5 rounds.

So 4 OL we're selected in the 6th round... if those late selection develop you're lucky... and honestly I wasn't excited about Hanson's or Stepaniak potential from the start...

That being said, the Newman selection did surprise me, but that's because I thought the Packers really needed better depth at DT, CB and S and I thought there were good options at those positions (in fact 4 of the next 12 selections after Newman were Safeties) and the Packers next two selections were DT and CB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think it depends on your system that you're running, in this wide zone system, OGs seems to be a lot more important, and almost all of them have drafted an OG in the top 2 rounds.

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
go.pack.go. (3h) : NFL needs to change overtime rules
Zero2Cool (4h) : Bills. Damn.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Speed kills
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Another crazy game with Buffalo and Kansas City
Zero2Cool (5h) : Dillon fractured ribs from Oren Burks knee.
Zero2Cool (5h) : I wish people would ignore social media. They can't share anything without folks getting nuts. Lol 🤦
go.pack.go. (5h) : Zadarius Smith on Instagram: “Thank you GreenBay 🙏🏼“ …I guess he’s leaving? 😩
go.pack.go. (6h) : Packers are out of it, but I’m so glad the Bucs & Cowboys are too
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Nice choke Brady /s
Cheesey (7h) : Seeing Brady lose in the playoffs.....PRICELESS
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Brady loses the ball on a sack, gets the ball back on the next snap when Stafford wasnt ready for the snap. How typical.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Rams are losing control of this game
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Rams leaving points off the board. Can't have that turnover.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Rodgers and 49ers in playoffs is just not good.
Cheesey (10h) : Well, he can’t do anymore damage....this season, at least
packerfanwayoutwest (13h) : It's Sunday morning and Drayton is still on the roster?
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Mo should have been fired last night. The fact he hasn't been tells me MLF needs to grow a set of balls.
bboystyle (14h) : Jimmy G is pathetic and gets carried.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Yep, but was also at the Giants and Seahawks game we won.
go.pack.go. (18h) : Jimmy G also yelled “Fuck the Packers” after the game
Cheesey (22h) : Me and Yooperfan were at the “snow bowl” win in 2007. Maybe we should have gone this week.🤪
Mucky Tundra (23-Jan) : Didn't he go the wild card game back in the 2013 season as well vs San Fran? Starting to sense a trend here... (JK Zero, I still love ya)
Cheesey (23-Jan) : Suckage! Dang spell check!🤪
Cheesey (23-Jan) : Yes, he did go to the game. To see sick age in person.
Mucky Tundra (23-Jan) : Didn't Zero go to the game? Bet waiting in traffic afterwards sucked.
Cheesey (23-Jan) : Well, if I cussed, I’d probably say that too.😉
go.pack.go. (23-Jan) : There is video of Robbie Gould on the field after the game saying “Fuck the Packers”
Cheesey (23-Jan) : Another disappointing end to a season. I’m so disgusted
Mucky Tundra (23-Jan) : Well, there's usually at least one road team that wins in the divisional round
Cheesey (23-Jan) : No Bahk on the o-line. Crap
TheKanataThrilla (23-Jan) : Congrats Bengals. If they can get themselves and OL they could be a scary team. Lots of young talent.
Zero2Cool (23-Jan) : At the game. Boom.
Nonstopdrivel (23-Jan) : Packers were the least-penalized team in the league this year. What a change from the McCarthy era.
Nonstopdrivel (23-Jan) : Anyone coming to the chat room/
Nonstopdrivel (23-Jan) : I am genuinely baffled why Henry hesitated on that last run.
go.pack.go. (22-Jan) : Bakhtiari will NOT play tonight
buckeyepackfan (22-Jan) : GO! PACK! GO!
buckeyepackfan (22-Jan) : GAMENIGHT! 3-1/2 HOURS TILL KICKOFF!
buckeyepackfan (22-Jan) : GOOD AFTERNOON PACKER FANS! GAIGHT
Cheesey (22-Jan) : Howdy BRO. LJ.here -b-safe! Have a blast!🎒have a hotdog 4me😁
Zero2Cool (22-Jan) : @KurtBenkert No lie, the thing I’m most excited for tomorrow is watching our Defense play.
packerfanwayoutwest (22-Jan) : Everything is on the line now. All women, children, and injured must fight.
yooperfan (22-Jan) : Game day!! GO PACK GO!!!!
wpr (22-Jan) : Game day. Fly the banner baby
yooperfan (22-Jan) : I'm glad that I was wrong🤕
nerdmann (21-Jan) : ACTIVATED!
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : 49ers announced that DL Nick Bosa has cleared concussion protocol and has no injury designation against the Green Bay Packers.
Cheesey (21-Jan) : No huge surprise there. Have to make room for the fresh guys.
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Packers released CB Isaac Yiadom and DL Jack Heflin to make room for Za'Darius Smith and Whitney Mercilus.
Zero2Cool (21-Jan) : Packers have activated Za'Darius Smith & Whitney Mercilus off of injured reserve.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 3:25 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Saturday, Jan 22 @ 7:15 PM
49ERS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jan / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.