dyeah_gb
2 years ago
Curious what everyone thinks. He had possession but the ground caused the ball to come out. Isn't that still completion based on the current rules? Am I biased in thinking the Refs screwed us this game?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
nerdmann
2 years ago

Curious what everyone thinks. He had possession but the ground caused the ball to come out. Isn't that still completion based on the current rules? Am I biased in thinking the Refs screwed us this game?

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

It's part of the sport under Goodell. This season they've also been deciding games based upon "taunting" calls.

When we had real Commisioners, gambling wasn't allowed anywhere near the NFL. Remember when Hornung was suspended?

Now we have "official gambling sponsors" to the NFL. This is what you get.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
2 years ago

That only occurs when in the endzone where a football move isnt needed for a completion. Just like Kings INT last week vs Wilson.

I will say, refs were calling holding calls on us all game and NONE on the vikings when they were blantantly doing so.
beast
2 years ago

I would say he did not yet have possession before going to the ground based on the current rules, as he didn't take 3 steps nor make a football move, before becoming to the ground.

That being said, I didn't get a good enough view of it, it looked.like his hand was mostly underneath the ball and while it popped up, he still re-caught the ball before it touched the ground without him holding it.

Because (I think his hand was underneath it), I think that's one of those calls where normally the review sticks with the call on the field.

Like when the NFL apploged to the Vikings owner publicly but a Harvin catch that was reviewed into a drop where the ball hit the ground and moved but Harvin was mostly underneath it. They apologize publicly because usually that call goes without for the first call on the field was.

So I feel like it could of gone either way... and should of stuck with whatever the original call was, but if his hands wasn't under it as well as I thought (again, I need a better replay), then I understand them over turning it.

Then again, I still say that Harvin play was a drop and that when they stick with these plays they're normal wrong...

So I think the refs got it right, but only if that's what they're going to consistently call.

Too often the tie automatically goes to the offense... which considering the rules and ball control are also in the offensive favor, I feel like that's BS.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
Seems like the calls all went one way today, or disproportionately so.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
hardrocker950
2 years ago
Tough call on that play - really comes down to how you interpret the rules. My opinion - pick. He caught the ball, knee down, ball was out AFTER... yet the league keeps that loophole of "controlling the ball through the process" - which means if the ball touches the ground anytime after the catch (even when it was clearly in posession) they can take it away.

Side note - we got hosed by the refs at every turn today. Every nice run - hold. Every impact play on D - flag. Yet - Jefferson pushed off to get open all day, not a single flag for it. Queens held constantly, no calls.

If this is how the officiating is going to be from now on, I will likely find something else to do with my Sundays. Zebras should not be deciding these games!
beast
2 years ago
I think the bottom line is the NFL has not been fully consistent with how they call this, and that's a problem.

Based on my understanding of the new catch rules, they got the ruling right. But again, they haven't been consistent with that.

As for the rest of the calls though out the game, I saw one Packers blog writer on tweeter wrote, they never complain about the refs, and think the refs calls against the Packers are correct, but they weren't calling those same aspects when the Vikings did them.

And honestly, this entire year I've been noticing how freaking light reffing crews on average have been against OLs, letting them hold a hell of a lot... among other things.

And been thinking if they suddenly run into a tight reffing crew in an important game (mainly been thinking playoffs) then they could be screwed simply because they aren't used to that....

So overall, I'm not sure it's a bad thing that we run into a tighter reffing crew once or twice before the playoffs.

That being said the lost and injuries absolutely suck..
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I think I'm too young to be feeling burnt out on NFL football. The injuries. The salary drama. The shock jock radio/TV personalities. The gambling (it will bring up on negative results when the money becomes too greater than the penalty). The growing rules and inconsistent referee's implementing them.

It's just becoming unfun. I realized I don't even get excited for plays anymore because you can't trust the play will count. I feel getting excited is a wasted emotion just waiting for the bitterness of seeing the "yellow" on the screen graphic.

And they want to add an 18th game, and probably going to add another Wild Card playoff team. I irrationally wonder, when is the regular season going to be nothing more than a tournament seeding process? 1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc.

The injuries are really getting to me. These kids are earning a lot of money, but at what expense to their body and long term life? I'm somehow starting to feel "wrong" for enjoying the game in the moments I do.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2 years ago

I think I'm too young to be feeling burnt out on NFL football. The injuries. The salary drama. The shock jock radio/TV personalities. The gambling (it will bring up on negative results when the money becomes too greater than the penalty). The growing rules and inconsistent referee's implementing them.

It's just becoming unfun. I realized I don't even get excited for plays anymore because you can't trust the play will count. I feel getting excited is a wasted emotion just waiting for the bitterness of seeing the "yellow" on the screen graphic.

And they want to add an 18th game, and probably going to add another Wild Card playoff team. I irrationally wonder, when is the regular season going to be nothing more than a tournament seeding process? 1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc.

The injuries are really getting to me. These kids are earning a lot of money, but at what expense to their body and long term life? I'm somehow starting to feel "wrong" for enjoying the game in the moments I do.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wanted to reply that this was well-said. The rules and officiating are taking all the enjoyment out of the game. Even if your team is the beneficiary of bad calls, it takes away some of the enjoyment of the win. I know this is nothing new but the NFL keeps making bad rules and then adding more rules to compensate. It is getting worse.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
nerdmann
2 years ago

Wanted to reply that this was well-said. The rules and officiating are taking all the enjoyment out of the game. Even if your team is the beneficiary of bad calls, it takes away some of the enjoyment of the win. I know this is nothing new but the NFL keeps making bad rules and then adding more rules to compensate. It is getting worse.

Cowboys game on Thursday was just too blatant.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.