Discussion Board
nyrpack
  • nyrpack
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2021-03-24T16:40:28Z
Haven’t heard much about him since last year when he opted out , but if he’s able to go this season our 2-3 wr spot is in good shape

Davante
Lazard
Funchess
Mvs
Bengleton- Taylor- eq battle for 5th spot

jimmy b.
Cheesey
2021-03-24T18:23:13Z
Yeah, I also wonder about him. Will he amount to anything? Would he have made a positive difference for us had he agreed to play last year?
We’ll never know about the last part.
Hopefully he will be good this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-24T18:45:47Z
Davante Adams, Devin Funchess and Marques Valdes-Scantling is a mighty nice trio there. You add in Robert Tonyan and Josiah Deguara (sp?) along with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon ... I think the offense has some powerful weapons. I think Funchess all depends on how fast he gets trusted by Aaron Rodgers. Based on his basketball videos, dude is athletic and looks like a tall dude.

I suspect the Packers drafting a WR or two in a month or whenever the draft is.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-24T18:58:21Z
The dude has been out of football for two years and never worked with Rodgers before, nor in the system before (I'm hoping he got to study it last year).

I think we should cool the jets on him, until we get some reports of him on the field.

As of right now I'd say the top 3 should be Adams, Lazard and MVS until someone proves otherwise.

After that, St. Brown, Funchess, draft pick, Taylor and a few others compete for 3 more WR spots.


Also, I'm still waiting to see if they resign Ervin, if no, then they might be grabbing a returner in the draft, which normally seem to be WRs, RBs or DBs.

I haven't been able to get my hands on a good list of draftable players that both returned in college and will most likely be available past selection 50.

The returner lists I've seen of drafted players, was full of guys they will probably be all selected in the top 50. And you don't draft a guy in the top 50 because of STs, that's just bonus.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-27T18:15:15Z
He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-27T20:50:53Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.



I want to cool the jets on him, until be actually gets on the field and shown us he's stayed in football shape...

BUT this Shanahan version of the wide zone offense scheme usually seems to have a star slot guy, weather it's a athletic TE, or a large slot WR.

49ers, Rams, Titans... but not as much Packers. And yes there is the Vikings and Browns, but they come from the more Kubiak version, and less so the Shanahan.

LaFleur simply hasn't had that star slot guy to build it around, yes there is Tonyan, whom makes very little errors, but he's not a playmaker defensive have to game plan around.

Funchess has the potential to possibile fill a star role, as the large slot. I'm not saying he will, but there has been a hole, to make this offense even better with the right large slot playmaker.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-03-27T20:56:04Z
Last year I respected the man for doing what he thought best. Even more so after his tweet.
This spot is reserved for future use
Cheesey
2021-03-28T02:36:38Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's going to be a solid WR for the Packers.



When he says his family passed, exactly what did that mean? Was it more then one family member? Just was wondering what he meant. Not that “only one” wouldn’t be devastating, just wondered if it was more then one.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-03-28T12:49:16Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

When he says his family passed, exactly what did that mean? Was it more then one family member? Just was wondering what he meant. Not that “only one” wouldn’t be devastating, just wondered if it was more then one.



It is more than one person. He apparently has chosen not to give out details.
Rob Demovsky  repeats "family members" several times in the 6 paragraph story last July.

Green Bay Packers receiver Devin Funchess, who had first-hand experience with COVID-19 this offseason while caring for family members with the disease, has opted out of the 2020 season.
This spot is reserved for future use
Zero2Cool
2021-03-28T13:01:08Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

It is more than one person. He apparently has chosen not to give out details.
Rob Demovsky  repeats "family members" several times in the 6 paragraph story last July.

Green Bay Packers receiver Devin Funchess, who had first-hand experience with COVID-19 this offseason while caring for family members with the disease, has opted out of the 2020 season.


What disease did they have that caused COVID-19 to unfortunately excellerate their deaths?

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-28T22:53:52Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What disease did they have that caused COVID-19 to unfortunately excellerate their deaths?


Why are we diving into non-pubicly known people lives?

It's one thing to know a players/coaches/famous person medical stuff (not that we always deserve to know)... but a non-pubic private citizen medical stuff? I just don't understand why dive into that.


UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-29T12:20:55Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Why are we diving into non-pubicly known people lives?

It's one thing to know a players/coaches/famous person medical stuff (not that we always deserve to know)... but a non-pubic private citizen medical stuff? I just don't understand why dive into that.



I don't think anyone has any perceived "right" to know about anyone's medical, period. If the individual chooses to make it public, so be it. When Devin opted out, and others opted out, I'm not sure anyone had an issue with it. I had read about Devin having a newborn (or just young child) and immediately empathized with him. Devin posting about losing family to the virus kind of added to the empathy -- from me anyway. When athletes opted out, I tried putting myself in their shoes. What would I do? I'm fortunate that my family isn't high-risk, at least that I'm aware of. My youngest child in the household is 7 years old. So, assuming you're targeting me with your "look at me being holier than thou" response since you quoted me, I asked my question because I am someone who is interested in understanding more.

BTW, for anyone else who is medically clueless like me, after I posted my inquiry, I had looked it up and apparently a virus and disease are one in the same. I thought they were different. For some reason I thought a virus was something that came and went whereas a disease was permanent and never went away but you were able to minimize the symptoms of the disease. I'm a software developer, not a doctor, haha.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-03-29T13:08:44Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So, assuming you're targeting me with your "look at me being holier than thou" response since you quoted me, I asked my question because I am someone who is interested in understanding more.


Well, unless said player shares more, or some writer writes a story on it, I don't think we have any more information than what was already stated.

It wasn't just you... though, I thought I remembered you have told others a number of times, that whom a player is dating is none of our business.

Just surprised me when I saw you asking for non-famous people medical history, which is generally considered much more private than whom a famous person is dating (especially when it's another famous person).


UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-03-30T01:28:20Z
When Funchess opted out last year I figured we'd never see him in uniform but it seems like he's excited about playing Green Bay. He was a good receiver in Carolina and if he can shake off the rust he could be a boost to the offense.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-03-30T12:20:18Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Well, unless said player shares more, or some writer writes a story on it, I don't think we have any more information than what was already stated.

It wasn't just you... though, I thought I remembered you have told others a number of times, that whom a player is dating is none of our business.

Just surprised me when I saw you asking for non-famous people medical history, which is generally considered much more private than whom a famous person is dating (especially when it's another famous person).



Yep, that is a drum I beat hard and will continue to. I have no interest in anyone's medical history unless they freely supply it. The part I quoted led me to believe the disease was known and I was inquiring to learn, not to pry. I didn't ask who had what disease, I simply asked what disease. That's a strong distinction there.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

When Funchess opted out last year I figured we'd never see him in uniform but it seems like he's excited about playing Green Bay. He was a good receiver in Carolina and if he can shake off the rust he could be a boost to the offense.


I wondered the same thing. I'm excited to see what he does with someone like Aaron Rodgers. He'll probably be WR3 or WR4 and work his way up. Or he'll flop and some rookie will take his snaps, lol.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-30T13:45:05Z
Why is asking a question such a horrible thing?
It’s not like I, or anyone else here DEMANDED that Devin give us more details.
It was merely curiosity to ask if he lost more family members.
Just wondered, as I would with any Packer player, how this horrible virus affected him. It’s easier to feel empathy and sympathy for a person if you know what they have had to endure.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-03-31T12:36:15Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Why is asking a question such a horrible thing?
It’s not like I, or anyone else here DEMANDED that Devin give us more details.
It was merely curiosity to ask if he lost more family members.
Just wondered, as I would with any Packer player, how this horrible virus affected him. It’s easier to feel empathy and sympathy for a person if you know what they have had to endure.



I am not a thoughts and prayers kind of person, but I can see someone asking if it was more than one family member so they can include that in their thoughts and prayers. I see no harm in that.

I do get very bothered when fans/reporters get bent out of shape over not knowing what player has what injury and the severity. It's solely because of gambling and now fans/reporters feel entitled to know personal health/medical information of players. Gambling is going to ruin the sport. Which sucks because sports betting can be fun, but just like the NFL got too big financially, so will sports betting. Sooner or later the rewards for cheating the game will be too financially rewarding to ignore. The NBA witnessed that with referee Tim Donaghy. Think of it like this. Would you rob a gas station for $500 knowing you could serve let's say 2 years in prison? Hell on, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Now if you can rob a gas station and collect $5 million with the same prison sentence? Hey, if you're looking for easy money and think you can get away with it -- you're going to try.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-03-31T15:23:27Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I am not a thoughts and prayers kind of person, but I can see someone asking if it was more than one family member so they can include that in their thoughts and prayers. I see no harm in that.

I do get very bothered when fans/reporters get bent out of shape over not knowing what player has what injury and the severity. It's solely because of gambling and now fans/reporters feel entitled to know personal health/medical information of players. Gambling is going to ruin the sport. Which sucks because sports betting can be fun, but just like the NFL got too big financially, so will sports betting. Sooner or later the rewards for cheating the game will be too financially rewarding to ignore. The NBA witnessed that with referee Tim Donaghy. Think of it like this. Would you rob a gas station for $500 knowing you could serve let's say 2 years in prison? Hell on, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Now if you can rob a gas station and collect $5 million with the same prison sentence? Hey, if you're looking for easy money and think you can get away with it -- you're going to try.


The way gas prices are going up, that $5 million at a gas station might actually happen!😁😂

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
yooperfan (8h) : The Packers certainly can't afford Sheldon Richardson
Cheesey (16-Apr) : “Bozo the Clowney”???😂
buckeyepackfan (16-Apr) : Guess they had to make room for Clowney.
buckeyepackfan (16-Apr) : Browns relesse DTSheldon Richardson.! He's a good one!
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : didn't know Eliot Wolf was with Patriots
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : Falcons cut RB Ito Smith.
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : Texans sign guard Lane Taylor.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : WR/returner Cordarrelle Patterson is in Atlanta visiting the #Falcons
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Browns are signing Jadeveon Clowney to a 1 year deal up to $10 million
Zero2Cool (13-Apr) : James Jones 89JonesNTAF says it takes years for receivers to build real chemistry with QB's
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : @RapSheet The #Patriots have terminated the contract of WR Julian Edelman, per the wire. He’s listed as a failed physical.
Cheesey (10-Apr) : “Hip hop”...sounds like something rabbits do!😂
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : I really didn't know he was as popular as it seems. I figured he was just a dude I watched in few movies.
beast (10-Apr) : DMX technically is a rapper, but I would consider him more hardcore hip-hop (or some label him East Coast Hip-hop), and less a rapper.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : @Gil_Brandt Happy 85th birthday, John Madden. Most people think of John as a coach and Madden game-maker but he was quite an athlete, too.
Cheesey (10-Apr) : Some rapper. I never heard of him either. They said drugs caused his death.
packerfanoutwest (10-Apr) : Who?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Earl Simmons aka DMX, 50. 1970-2021.
Mucky Tundra (8-Apr) : i briefly got excited at the idea of GB signing Bernard and then I remembered he was in the same draft class as Eddie Lacy and Le'veon Bell
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Bengals announced they released HB Giovani Bernard.
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : Aaron Rodgers opening admits he does NOT like ESPN and does NOT like NFL Network. I love it!
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : "I still love playing. I don't want to give that up. I want to keep playing. I still have the passion and the fire. I feel I can do this for a number of years."
TheKanataThrilla (5-Apr) : I think Aaron is doing a good job. May need to loosen up a bit, but for a first episode impressed.
Zero2Cool (5-Apr) : Sources: The #Panthers have traded for #Jets QB Sam Darnold.
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Exactly, he''s the #4 Safety and he's a good ST player. If someone comes along who's better then they'll cut him
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : I'm good with the signing. It's not like we inked him for $10 million for the season. It's a roster spot and could be improved via draft.
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : i'm not sure what the hand wringing over Redmond is about; he's basically Jarrett Bush 2.0
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : LET'S GO!!
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : Hell yeah! You gotta fill out the roster, ya know that right? I mean, it's not just starters that play. COME ON MAN
yooperfan (2-Apr) : Redmond! Seriously!😳
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : @mattschneidman Packers announce they re-signed safety Will Redmond.
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : @KenIngalls 👀Will Redmond returning to the Packers?
Cheesey (31-Mar) : Gado love that!🤪😂
Zero2Cool (31-Mar) : Samkon Gado is now an ENT doctor!
Zero2Cool (31-Mar) : @AdamSchefter Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers will be hosting Jeopardy for two weeks, starting Monday April 5 and continuing through the week of Monday April 12.
Zero2Cool (30-Mar) : Roger Goodell: We expect full stadiums in 2021
Zero2Cool (30-Mar) : beast, I couldn't find anything on why Ravens was suspended. It is funny though lol
Zero2Cool (30-Mar) : @greenbaytoday The #Packers have been in contact/had a virtual visit with Memphis RB Kenneth Gainwell - per a source.
Zero2Cool (29-Mar) : DB Morgan Burnett announced his retirement from the NFL on Instagram. Third-round pick of Packers in 2010. Played 113 games with GB.
beast (29-Mar) : Any idea why the official account was suspended? Lol
Zero2Cool (29-Mar) : Ravens verified Twitter account is suspended lol
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Packers free-agent returner Tyler Ervin visiting with Bills
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : There's a saying in MLB baseball: want a starting pitcher? draft 10 and send them to the minors.
Cheesey (26-Mar) : You are right about the home run kanata! That’s a lot to give up.
TheKanataThrilla (26-Mar) : I think Jordan can run Matt's system. His year before his draft year has incredible film.
wpr (26-Mar) : Jordan Love is a sure thing. :)
TheKanataThrilla (26-Mar) : I agree Cheesey, but to give up so many first rounders you better hit a homerun.
Cheesey (26-Mar) : Yeah, but look how many first round picks end up as busts. None are a sure thing.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : @fantasysportsso Report: Seahawks cutting Jarran Reed after no trade develops
TheKanataThrilla (26-Mar) : Holy shit. San Fran better hit on their pick. Huge trade. Miami is stacked with first round picks. Wow.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 3:25 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 3:25 PM
Lions
Saturday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

13-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Apr / Around The NFL / KRK

10-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.