Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-01-25T19:01:40Z
We all know and understand Aaron Rodgers is a fairly smart dude. We also know he says things with purpose. We also know he's fully aware that the media is going to cling to his ever word. When I was reading people's reaction to reporters interpretations of Rodgers words, I had one thought on my mind. They're missing something.

Earlier today I watched both Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers post game zoom conferences and I'm convinced Rodgers said what he did with purpose. The duration of the conference came off like he was trying to protect his guys. Last week he said his future is a beautiful mystery. That's true for him, and you, and me, and everyone. No one knows their future. LIFE is that beautiful mystery. You think I'm going to deep, right? You're not following Aaron Rodgers then.

Rodgers knows he's going to be back with the Packers in 2021 and you know it and everyone knows it. He knows his salary vs Packers salary cap.

When Rodgers thanks the media for all their questions and what they do, I was thinking, hook, line and sinker. He knows.

Rodgers said the comments he did to try and bring the focus on him, not Aaron Jones fumbling, not Kevin King failing, none of that. He can handle the pressure and criticism and would rather it be flushed onto him, than his teammates

Why? Because he's the hero Green Bay deserves. Yes, the media will hunt him. Because he can take it. He's a cerebral guardian, a watchful protector. A Green Bay Packer!

This is what leaders do!

I have spoken!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
2021-01-25T22:50:58Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We all know and understand Aaron Rodgers is a fairly smart dude. We also know he says things with purpose. We also know he's fully aware that the media is going to cling to his ever word. When I was reading people's reaction to reporters interpretations of Rodgers words, I had one thought on my mind. They're missing something.

Earlier today I watched both Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers post game zoom conferences and I'm convinced Rodgers said what he did with purpose. The duration of the conference came off like he was trying to protect his guys. Last week he said his future is a beautiful mystery. That's true for him, and you, and me, and everyone. No one knows their future. LIFE is that beautiful mystery. You think I'm going to deep, right? You're not following Aaron Rodgers then.

Rodgers knows he's going to be back with the Packers in 2021 and you know it and everyone knows it. He knows his salary vs Packers salary cap.

When Rodgers thanks the media for all their questions and what they do, I was thinking, hook, line and sinker. He knows.

Rodgers said the comments he did to try and bring the focus on him, not Aaron Jones fumbling, not Kevin King failing, none of that. He can handle the pressure and criticism and would rather it be flushed onto him, than his teammates

Why? Because he's the hero Green Bay deserves. Yes, the media will hunt him. Because he can take it. He's a cerebral guardian, a watchful protector. A Green Bay Packer!

This is what leaders do!

I have spoken!

Well he should be able to handle it because he loses the big game alot and he doesn't have the kill instinct. What I saw yesterday when the defense gave him a shot for the lead he played scared. He plays scared alot in these games. He could of walked into the endzone on that last drive but he forces to Adams. When they kicked the FG that showed me right there he had no confidence in Rodgers but to me it was still a stupid play, you fail on that play they are still backed up and you get a stop you have a short field. What I am curious about is how many times did Rodgers change the play to a pass because it sure looked like the same offense they ran under MM. No motion and no running the ball. And when they did run the ball they averaged 4.1 yards. Now maybe the whole GOAT talk will stop because the GOAT was on that field yesterday but he was #12 in the white jersey.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂
all_about_da_packers
2021-01-26T06:32:30Z
Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Well he should be able to handle it because he loses the big game alot and he doesn't have the kill instinct. What I saw yesterday when the defense gave him a shot for the lead he played scared. He plays scared alot in these games. He could of walked into the endzone on that last drive but he forces to Adams. When they kicked the FG that showed me right there he had no confidence in Rodgers but to me it was still a stupid play, you fail on that play they are still backed up and you get a stop you have a short field. What I am curious about is how many times did Rodgers change the play to a pass because it sure looked like the same offense they ran under MM. No motion and no running the ball. And when they did run the ball they averaged 4.1 yards. Now maybe the whole GOAT talk will stop because the GOAT was on that field yesterday but he was #12 in the white jersey.

He wouldn't have walked into the endzone with JPP having the angle to tackle him and a LB hovering right around the goal line. If you give me the option for Aaron to try to run it in, or throw to Adams whom has his guy beat - I go with a throw to Adams every time. I don't fault Rodgers - a 38 year old QB - for trusting his arm to get the ball to his best WR over his legs to get a TD.

I don't think Aaron was playing scared; I think the main players (i.e., Lafleur, Hackett and Rodgers) on offense got caught up in hero ball with the to-be MVP. Basically, they put the ball in Aaron's hands and expected him to lead us; that is not at all how our offense has been successful this year. You are totally right with the point that it looked similar to the offense Mike McCarthy would run - get WRs out wide and throw your way to wins. I was shocked to see 4 wide so many times - that simply isn't the type of plays that have proven consistently successful for us this year.

I'm not sure what the exact reason was - but if you know your Tackles are not holding up against the pass rush, your RBs are producing solid yardage, and you've literally got the RB in Dillon who has been touted by coaches as the perfect player for the cold weather in Lambeau (and who literally turned a no-gain play into positive 4-5 yards by carrying 2 or 3 defenders on his back)... you need to run the ball. Literally this team is built to run the ball and have everything else work off that.

Rodgers was gutted, and frankly I don't expect him to come out and say "we didn't play the Packers brand of offense". He said what he said, got his whining out of his system ... but I really thought LaFleur or Hackett would have controlled Rodgers' worse impulses. The fact they didn't has led to the same outcome we'd come to expect from McCarthy -- close but no cigar.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.