Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2021-01-06T13:44:25Z
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 13 - 3 )
    Total Offense = 5th
    Rushing Offense = 8th
    Passing Offense = 9th

Total Defense = 9th
    Rushing Defense = 13th
    Passing Defense = 7th

Points For = 31.8 (1st)
    Points Against = 23.5 (13th)

UserPostedImage
Los Angeles Rams ( 10 - 6 )
    Total Offense = 11th
    Rushing Offense = 10th
    Passing Offense = 13rd

Total Defense = 1st
    Rushing Defense = 3rd
    Passing Defense = 1st

Points For = 23.2 (22nd)
    Points Against = 18.5 (1st)

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-01-06T14:01:48Z
Great setup! Love it, though, I think some of the Bears and Bucs numbers look too similar like it's the same ranking number too often... that might need to be double checked (and it could be right, weird things do happen)... but I also thought the Bucs had a better run defense than that.

Man, I want to avoid the top defenses, though looks like we're going to get one, unless maybe the Bears win... and they're not bad either. Good news is the Rams and WTF might have horrible offenses right now, but that also means they're less likely to get through.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-06T15:11:13Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Great setup! Love it, though, I think some of the Bears and Bucs numbers look too similar like it's the same ranking number too often... that might need to be double checked (and it could be right, weird things do happen)... but I also thought the Bucs had a better run defense than that.

Man, I want to avoid the top defenses, though looks like we're going to get one, unless maybe the Bears win... and they're not bad either. Good news is the Rams and WTF might have horrible offenses right now, but that also means they're less likely to get through.

Yeah, it's hard to chose an opponent I want to play this year. Other than WTF all seem to be pretty strong especially on defense. I am sure GB can beat the Bears but three times in a season is a real challenge. That said Tampa is my guess. GB had them in the 1st Q. Who knows what the outcome would have been had Aaron not thrown that first int. That's where the meltdown began. The second one was as if he was thinking "I'm Aaron Frikin' Rodgers. I don't throw ints. Certainly not two in one game."
This time they will handle the Bucos.
This spot is reserved for future use
Zero2Cool
2021-01-11T13:18:19Z
The Rams have the edge in the all-time series between the Packers. That doesn't bode well.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-01-11T18:41:20Z
What's the word on Aaron Donald? Was he nicked up in that game?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
2021-01-11T19:47:45Z
Donald had a rib injury, but I’ve heard he will be ready to play. Same with Cooper Kupp.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
2021-01-12T10:25:32Z
A few blows to Aaron Donald's ribs will slow him down or take him out of the game altogether. The Rams will still field a very good defense. Goff's thumb on his throwing hand is only 3 weeks removed from surgery and his backup QB, John Wolford, will be available to play. The Ram's running game will be their ace as their passing game will rely on luck to produce results.

IMO, the edge in this game goes to Rodgers and the Packer offense. I see them firing on all cylinders with few negative offensive plays. That does not mean that they can take the Rams defense for granted, but the Packers should lead throughout the game. That margin of lead and the final tally could expand or contract, however Green Bay should come through to host the NFC Championship game.

Green Bay - 31

Los Angles - 16

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-13T00:49:04Z
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-13T04:07:14Z
I've heard the Packers DVOA ranks them as the #4 defense over the last 4 weeks of the season. PFF has them as the #5 defense. While the Rams are #1 for the year they drop to 6-7 (I forget which) for the past 4-5 weeks.

Likewise the GB offense is #1 for the season but #6 in recent weeks. The Rams are somewhere around league average to slightly below average.

This is going to be a GB victory but it will be hard won.

GB 28
LAR 17
yooperfan
2021-01-13T10:20:54Z
Smokey
2021-01-14T09:55:19Z
I would like to see a list of ALL Packers/Rams players that are injured and/or on the Covid restricted list. Most of those names and their circumstances however are generally closely guarded secrets.

Injuries, Covid restrictions, the weather, and other things can affect a game. I believe that GB will get the win, but some of these other factors can be interesting stories themselves.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-15T16:09:14Z
Looking at the weather in Wisconsin days before hand is fruitless. We're one of those places that sometimes shows all four seasons in a 12 hour period. Look it's raining, look it's sunny, look its ... snowing? WTF.

The weather people we have here are horrible. They predict 18" of snow and we get about 4". They say it's gonna be Sunny outside and it's a blizzard. The only way to follow the weather people here is to understand they are predictably unpredictable, lol.

For what it's worth, my phone weather app dealio says it should be 33° around kickoff and 11% of rain with 9mph wind and a wind chill of 25°. I would love some rain because their QB has just one good thumb. Make that ball hard to handle for that punk ass.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-15T17:57:05Z
Not only is Goff's hand injured. He has tiny hands as well. If it's wet, all the more difficult for him.
Zero2Cool
2021-01-15T18:02:19Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Not only is Goff's hand injured. He has tiny hands as well. If it's wet, all the more difficult for him.

Yep, Goff is 9" and Rodgers is 10⅛" in the hand size department.

The Packers offense has to put pressure on the Rams to force Goff to throw. If the Rams go 2019 49ers on us, he can go Jimmy G's route and only complete six passes and still beat the Packers.

Packers have had this tendency to string three scoring drives together and going into a lull. I think if they do that vs the Rams, that's GOOD NIGHT SISTA.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-15T19:59:07Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Looking at the weather in Wisconsin days before hand is fruitless. We're one of those places that sometimes shows all four seasons in a 12 hour period. Look it's raining, look it's sunny, look its ... snowing? WTF.

The weather people we have here are horrible. They predict 18" of snow and we get about 4". They say it's gonna be Sunny outside and it's a blizzard. The only way to follow the weather people here is to understand they are predictably unpredictable, lol.

For what it's worth, my phone weather app dealio says it should be 33° around kickoff and 11% of rain with 9mph wind and a wind chill of 25°. I would love some rain because their QB has just one good thumb. Make that ball hard to handle for that punk ass.

That’s SOOOO true. Wisconsin weather changes several times a day. Last night we had rain, changing to snow. This morning, snow.....then sunshine. And they are saying more snow.
So.... who knows???

UserPostedImage
Smokey
2021-01-16T11:02:45Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That’s SOOOO true. Wisconsin weather changes several times a day. Last night we had rain, changing to snow. This morning, snow.....then sunshine. And they are saying more snow.
So.... who knows???

Weather at game time certainly could range from dry to wet to snow, but it WILL for damn sure be very cold and any wind will just make it colder still.

The point is that LA being a warm weather city, many o the Rams will not be physically or mentally prepared to execute at 100% efficiency. Some players on the Rams will have played before in extreme cold, but for lots it will be a shock that they were not expecting at all.

The Packers too will field players from warmer states, but they have had the last few months to acclimate to the colder playing conditions. Regardless of the sport, if you play outdoors you must be able to deal with the weather. Cold weather will be more of an advantage for the Packers.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-16T12:06:21Z

So.... who knows???

Based on what I've been seeing is it'll drop below freezing in the second half. I think the guys in the field are more likely to bare impact on the game than the weather. The cloudy overcast is good for fellas like Valdes-Scantling so he won't have the sun in his eyes, lol.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-16T16:26:41Z
I think home field advantage, a lot of it is in the mind.
And that’s okay!
If it makes our guys lift their game even higher, great!
And being as they are FINALLY having several thousand fans to cheer them on, that should also help.
Many of our guys have never even been in Lambeau Field with more then a few hundred fans cheering. So that will be a new thing for them.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
2021-01-16T17:01:23Z

I think home field advantage, a lot of it is in the mind.
And that’s okay!
If it makes our guys lift their game even higher, great!
And being as they are FINALLY having several thousand fans to cheer them on, that should also help.
Many of our guys have never even been in Lambeau Field with more then a few hundred fans cheering. So that will be a new thing for them.

For some teams, a doomed stadium does nearly erase their home field advantage. This "pandemic" season has taken away the fans in the stands. In the past those loud fans could turn up or down the volume to their teams advantage. Playing at home, outdoors, in extreme weather remains the only home field advantage this season. It's likely that sports will return to full stadiums, but possibly not even until 2022.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-16T20:03:00Z
yooperfan
2021-01-16T20:17:01Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Based on what I've been seeing is it'll drop below freezing in the second half. I think the guys in the field are more likely to bare impact on the game than the weather. The cloudy overcast is good for fellas like Valdes-Scantling so he won't have the sun in his eyes, lol.

Sitting in my worry chair watching pre-game, it doesn’t look like the weather is going to be a factor.
That could change quickly however.