Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-11-06T14:38:30Z
Michael David Smith wrote:

Davante Adams caught 10 passes for 173 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' win over the 49ers on Thursday night, and afterward he was ready to call himself the best wide receiver in the NFL. Asked whether he considers himself the top receiver in football, Adams agreed that he does. "I think that's fair [more]

Continue Reading @ Michael David Smith 

I've been telling you all this was coming for years. You all wanted him shit canned and I kept saying dude has crazy get off at the line. Tried telling ya all.

QUESTION! What attributes make a WR the best? Catching? Route running? Speed? Temperament? What more of one thing can you handle if there is less than the other? Example, if he's slower, but catches everything, he can still be the best.
Cheesey
2020-11-06T17:44:00Z
Adams is just lucky that Greg Jennings is out of the league, or Adams would be the SECOND best WR in the league.

😂😜😁
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-11-07T00:26:42Z
go.pack.go.
2020-11-07T00:33:22Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Self praise is no praise

Don’t get it twisted. He said numerous times in the interview that he wasn’t trying to sound conceited, he just felt like confidence was key and part of being confident is feeling like you’re the best. He was specifically asked if he felt like he was the best directly after saying that his teammates play a big role in his success. What was he supposed to say?
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-11-07T00:42:06Z
'
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Don’t get it twisted. He said numerous times in the interview that he wasn’t trying to sound conceited, he just felt like confidence was key and part of being confident is feeling like you’re the best. He was specifically asked if he felt like he was the best directly after saying that his teammates play a big role in his success. What was he supposed to say?

"There are a lot of great receivers around the league and I'd like to feel that I am in the team photo of some the top receivers."

go.pack.go.
2020-11-07T01:17:38Z

'"There are a lot of great receivers around the league and I'd like to feel that I am in the team photo of some the top receivers."

Watch the interview. I think you’ll understand the context better. I see nothing wrong with what he said.
Zero2Cool
2020-11-07T02:57:31Z
Asking an athlete if they are the best is a trap. You expect them to say, nah, I suck? Adams was humble in his answer and is humble. To suggest otherwise shows lack of listening to any interview with him.
Cheesey
2020-11-07T05:29:38Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Asking an athlete if they are the best is a trap. You expect them to say, nah, I suck? Adams was humble in his answer and is humble. To suggest otherwise shows lack of listening to any interview with him.

That was a trap question. Like was already stated, what was he supposed to say? Like maybe.....”why don’t you ask Greg Jennings sister???”😂
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-11-07T15:27:09Z
(Sorry, this is off the subject) There is one thing I wish the Packers would be more aware of esp in "under control" game situations. IIRC he has been close to franchise and league records (receptions or yards) on a number occasions and he falls just short.

In such a situation, you would think the would throw him a screen or one of those hand-off like passes, just to eclipse those records.
Cheesey
2020-11-07T16:20:40Z
I’ve thought about that too. I don’t know why they don’t do that. Let him get the records.
Could it be some clause in his contract that would get him paid more?
The last couple of seasons, didn’t he come up just short of 1000 yards? Maybe it also would have got him more money.
Zero2Cool
2020-11-07T17:49:44Z

(Sorry, this is off the subject) There is one thing I wish the Packers would be more aware of esp in "under control" game situations. IIRC he has been close to franchise and league records (receptions or yards) on a number occasions and he falls just short.

In such a situation, you would think the would throw him a screen or one of those hand-off like passes, just to eclipse those records.

Aaron Rodgers spoke on this specific topic. He says doing that cheapens the achievement. He says he'd rather break records genuinely.
yooperfan
2020-11-07T18:33:22Z

Aaron Rodgers spoke on this specific topic. He says doing that cheapens the achievement. He says he'd rather break records genuinely.

I guess he ain't no Brett Favre!
( thinking of the Strahan sack play )
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-11-07T20:35:56Z

OK, I will grant you that on the cheapie yard pass. But occasionally they have taken him out of the game when the could have otherwise broken the record.

beast
2020-11-07T21:19:15Z
I disagree with Rodgers (well maybe no on a 0 yard catch), but if Adams beats his man, then it doesn't matter if you specifically know about the record and target him, bottom line is he still beat his guy... so what if you're calling a play that you know he'll beat the defensive guy or scheme, that is in fact part of the game.

If a coach schemes up a great play, like they did for TE Lewis TD play, where the defender thought he was going to run block, does that cheapen the fact that Lewis ran out that, and caught a touchdown?

No, Lewis still scored, that doesn't cheapen the scoring event at all, Rodgers still celebrated and was happy for his teammate and friend. It didn't matter that Lewis struggles to get open without scheme.
Smokey
2020-11-07T22:31:15Z
Adams is a fine WR, however a WR is only as good as the QB throwing him footballs. The QB needs an OL that can protect him. I ok with Adams confidence level, but in the end it is a team effort. I'm more pleased with the TE play so far this season. No "pro bowlers" at TE, yet they are measurably better than last season.
Cheesey
2020-11-08T00:00:44Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I guess he ain't no Brett Favre!
( thinking of the Strahan sack play )

I was honestly thinking of posting that!!!
I guess it’s true.....great minds think alike!😁
Cheesey
2020-11-08T00:07:01Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Adams is a fine WR, however a WR is only as good as the QB throwing him footballs. The QB needs an OL that can protect him. I ok with Adams confidence level, but in the end it is a team effort. I'm more pleased with the TE play so far this season. No "pro bowlers" at TE, yet they are measurably better than last season.

That’s true of any WR in any team. Would Jerry Rice not been as great I’d he didn’t have Joe Montana throwing him the ball?
Just as most great RBs (Barry Sanders the exception) have great 0-lines blocking for them.
Any good record is really a team effort.
Greg Jennings was pretty darn good when he had Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. Same with Jordy Nelson, Randal Cobb or James Jones.
They excelled because of a great QB. It works together for both sides.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-11-16T16:12:09Z
I was ragging on 17 in the chat room for most of the game. At the same time, I said (and still believe) the Packers play 'soft.'

NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OF THE FOREGOING, The man stepped it up and sucked it up after he was dinged up. He put himself back in and was a stand up guy. He was gutting it out in the face of adversity and despite having a bad game.

THIS IS THE TYPE OF EFFORT, PERFORMANCE, AND LEADERSHIP WE NEED.