Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2020-10-20T12:44:50Z
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 4 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 7th
    Rushing Offense = 7th
    Passing Offense = 14th

Total Defense = 14th
    Rushing Defense = 15th
    Passing Defense = 14th

Points For = 33.8 (3rd)
    Points Against = 27.8 (20th)

UserPostedImage
Houston Texans ( 1 - 5 )
    Total Offense = 17th
    Rushing Offense = 31st
    Passing Offense = 3rd

Total Defense = 30th
    Rushing Defense = 32nd
    Passing Defense = 21st

Points For = 24.3 (21st)
    Points Against = 30.3 (26th)
Cheesey
2020-10-23T17:59:30Z
GB 30
Houston 27

I’m nervous about this game after last weeks blowout.
yooperfan
2020-10-24T00:52:07Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

GB 30
Houston 27

I’m nervous about this game after last weeks blowout.

I’m already sitting in my worry chair!
Cheesey
2020-10-24T01:12:28Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I’m already sitting in my worry chair!

You’d better make it a worry couch, so there’s room for me too!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-24T11:39:58Z
Cheesey
2020-10-24T15:07:51Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

US 40
Them 17

I hope you are right.
I wish I could make such a bold prediction.
After last week (and last season) its hard for me to feel good about our chances.
Our defense can’t be counted on in crunch time to win a game for us.
We just don’t have the players to do so. If we go up against a half decent team, we lose.
Until we get a D that can get decent pressure on a QB, and can shut down the run, we will live or die on whether or not our offense can out shoot the opponent.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-10-24T17:17:26Z
Just asking as I look at the positive predictions.....are any of you guys pessimists? Unfortunately, I am beginning to think I am.

I had always thought I was just a "50% capacity" guy...a realist....but I find myself looking at and focusing on all the reasons we won't win, instead of reasons we will win. It is not a good way to be a sports fan. I am realizing that I enjoy sporting events more when I don't have a rooting interest.

Re the game: I think Watson is an excellent young quarterback, but I hope our D has a strong bounce-back game....and I hope our guys have stopped reading all the positive clippings and realize how far we have to go to be great, not just good.
Cheesey
2020-10-24T19:48:41Z
As I said KRK, I’m very nervous about this game. It could go either way. Of course I hope our guys win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose.
beast
2020-10-25T06:17:16Z
Sadly I believe I'm going to miss this game, too much work, not enough time :-(

Can someone please keep an eye on LB Martin, the new DB starting for the injured King and Savage and the OL.

If fully healthy the Packers take it, but they're so banged up, I'm thinking the Texans have a great shot as they have an extremely deep WR group going against our injured DB group that lacked depth even when fully healthy.

And don't let their record fool you, the Texans have played tough, looking at their schedule and outside the Vikings, you'll find they have played half of the best teams in the NFL so far this season they're the only team with a strength of schedule over .600... their opponents have won 60.6% of their games so far this season, so they're better than their record.

It's going to come down to which OL vs pass rush executes better, and while that might normally favor the Packers... Packers are missing LT Bak, CB King and S Savage making it harder...

I'm thinking we're potential going to see big games from WR Randall Cobb (Texans) or those top four WRs... but Packers might be able to counter with some power football and we might see AJ Dillon flash some keeping the Texans pass rush off of Rodgers some...

Sadly I'm thinking it might take the Packers a little while to go to the power running game (and they might have some errors), so I'm thinking Texans win due to our injuries.

That being said... I'd be talking shit to the Smith's about how the pass rush has done shit so far this season... and with injured DBs and going against a weaker OL, we need them to step up more than ever... forgot run defense, leave that to the DTs... pass rush full force baby!

Second thought, their OL might be weaker than I first thought... their is the potential the Packers pass rush dominants them... and this game might come down to turn overs and who wins between Texans WRs getting opens and Packers pass rush getting to the QB.
Mucky Tundra
2020-10-25T10:52:10Z
With injuries abound on both sides of the ball, I think MLF leans on the run game and it will be the difference maker. I think Dillion will have a coming out party and I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter Williams has some nice carries.

Green Bay 31
Houston 20
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-25T12:00:07Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I hope you are right.
I wish I could make such a bold prediction.
After last week (and last season) its hard for me to feel good about our chances.
Our defense can’t be counted on in crunch time to win a game for us.
We just don’t have the players to do so. If we go up against a half decent team, we lose.
Until we get a D that can get decent pressure on a QB, and can shut down the run, we will live or die on whether or not our offense can out shoot the opponent.

The way I see it GB is the better team even with injuries. The GB weakness (Run defense) is not a strength for Texas. While the have a decent QB and WRs their OL isn't very good. And GB has injuries in the secondary the pass rush will get home this week.
Even though Bak isn't playing this week the only pass rush Texas has comes from JJ Watt.
GB won't have Jones to run outside but even last week GB did a very good job running both Williams and Dillon up the middle. We will see a lot more of that this week.

If GB and Texas play well, GB wins.
If GB plays well and Texas doesn't, GB wins.
If GB plays poorly and Texas plays well, GB loses.
If GB and Texas play poorly, GB wins.
If both teams play so-so, GB wins.

As far as this being a bold prediction. Not really. I have nothing at stake. It's just as easy to say GB 100 Houston 0. Or the other way around. If I am wrong I lose nothing. Next week is a new game and no one cares what happened this week.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-25T13:11:10Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Sadly I believe I'm going to miss this game, too much work, not enough time :-(

Can someone please keep an eye on LB Martin, the new DB starting for the injured King and Savage and the OL.

Who's got that many eyes, dang!

Aaron Rodgers seemed quite testy Wednesday when asked if teams figured out this offense. He said one of five. And that was it. I think Rodgers will put lots more pressure on the offense and that'll cause numerous mental mistakes that cost the Packers a win..

The Packers offense is great for long drives. It cannot overcome a deficit with quick strike TDs for my comfort. I know we've had some fast touchdown drives, but they felt more luck than skill.

As long as we destroy Vikings next weekend, this weekend means nothing to me as long as all players are healthy coming out.
beast
2020-10-25T14:27:44Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Who's got that many eyes, dang!

We don't even know if Martin is going to play much...

The DBs will either stick out like sore thumbs getting a ton of TV attention unless the pass rush dominants and should be easier to follow.

The OL will be tougher, but considering the TV crew will probably make it a focal point early in with Bak missing unless they have no troubles at all.

I'm not saying watch every play, but generally what sticks out especially with them...

Power run the ball on their defensive front, just avoid Watt.... be the 49ers and run, run and run some more.
nerdmann
2020-10-25T14:58:52Z
That's a dome, right? Should help MVS get deep. EQ, those guys. Maybe it will help the Smiths get to the QB.

Won't play to Jackson's strength, but might help the other guys.
nerdmann
2020-10-25T16:00:12Z
Let's see what Matt has for us. This will tell us a lot about his leadership.

If there was a tell last week, it could follow us if the Bucs share it. That should be interesting too. Texans have a good O, even with trading their best WR, but their defense is suspect. Jenkins should be able to handle Watt, not to jinx. I bet Mercedes lines up on that side lol.
buckeyepackfan
2020-10-25T16:41:14Z
No Bahk, no Jones!
No problem!

Aaron goes wild today.
Defense steps up.
J-Will and Dillon both score

Packers 37
Texas 20

BOOK IT!
Cheesey
2020-10-25T16:49:42Z
Packers need to run run run. That will open up the pass.
Control the time of possession.

I hope we see a lot of Dillon.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-25T18:32:35Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That's a dome, right? Should help MVS get deep. EQ, those guys. Maybe it will help the Smiths get to the QB.

Won't play to Jackson's strength, but might help the other guys.

Retractable roof. Since it's 75 degrees and sunny along with COVID19 issues and with fans in the stands, it's probably open. We will have to see if there are shadows on the field or not. I was in the car for the first half so I didn't see.
Cheesey
2020-10-25T20:13:50Z
Rodgers still seemed to be off on a lot of his passes today.
The receivers made plays, catching balls that were off the mark.
nerdmann
2020-10-25T20:23:09Z
Props to Billy Turner. No way I thought he could get it done.

-Dillon, nice to see him step up.

-Dexter allowed a punt block. SMH. Pull it together man.

-Nice to see Preston make a big play.

-Nice to see Sternberger contribute.

-Good play by Malik.

-Defense pulled it together when it mattered. This is still a good Texans offense.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-26T00:17:18Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

With injuries abound on both sides of the ball, I think MLF leans on the run game and it will be the difference maker. I think Dillion will have a coming out party and I wouldn't be surprised if Dexter Williams has some nice carries.

Green Bay 31
Houston 20

Good job. Your score was the closest. I think GB eased up a bit in the second half.

Unfortunately the run game wasn't as big as it should have been and Dillon didn't look that good going against the stacked box. If he was a better blocker and more of a threat as a receiver it would help his running. I guess that will come with more experience.