Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-10-20T13:59:19Z
Always enjoyed a flyover. I also thought the flyover helped the pilots with training in formation and what not. I have no idea.

 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.



Edit, looks like from the comments pilots are required a certain amount of flying hours and flyovers is one way they achieve that. And to one comment, if they are gonna fly, might as well entertain people in the process.

 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Smokey
2020-10-20T14:41:31Z
I have lived and spent time near Naval and Air Force facilities. I've witnessed our nations best fighter jets practice dogfighting, night carrier landings, and once got to look inside of an F-14 Tomcat fighter jet. America has had and still has impressive cutting edge technology. Displaying that power to the public serves to supply many with confidence in our military services. Flyovers give pilots valuable seat time as they inspire future flyer carriers too. A good thing however you view it.

personal note: Attend a military air show if you get the opportunity, you'll always remember it.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-20T14:54:18Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I have lived and spent time near Naval and Air Force facilities. I've witnessed our nations best fighter jets practice dogfighting, night carrier landings, and once got to look inside of an F-14 Tomcat fighter jet. America has had and still has impressive cutting edge technology. Displaying that power to the public serves to supply many with confidence in our military services. Flyovers give pilots valuable seat time as they inspire future flyer carriers too. A good thing however you view it.

personal note: Attend a military air show if you get the opportunity, you'll always remember it.



Chicago has an air and water show every year. They are impressive.
Rockford, IL tries to have an air show every year but costs have killed it off.
When my kids were little they watched an airshow in St Louis while at the baseball stadium. They loved it. Looking left were the planes. Looking to the right was the game. They chose the planes. It was more exciting.
Cheesey
2020-10-20T17:51:34Z
So....Aikman is a liberal???
The fact that pilots need to have actual air time makes sense. And doing flyovers helps give them that time. An ex football player showing that he knows nothing about the military. Like a lot of people today.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to air shows at Mitchel Field. Plus we only lived a couple miles away, so when the Blue Angels flew over, they would literally go over our house. I have great memories of that.
Smokey
2020-10-20T19:36:19Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

So....Aikman is a liberal???




That does not label Aikman either right or left. It does however reveal his lack of knowledge in this area. Similar to the person that has no understanding of the homeless and judges them all as lazy or crazy. Aikman should get some feedback regarding his statement, he might learn a great lessen from this. It still won't make me like him as a broadcaster.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-20T19:41:43Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

That does not label Aikman either right or left. It does however reveal his lack of knowledge in this area. Similar to the person that has no understanding of the homeless and judges them all as lazy or crazy. Aikman should get some feedback regarding his statement, he might learn a great lessen from this. It still won't make me like him as a broadcaster.



This is a good post. I cringed when I read that whole "so he's a ". In my mind, and just my opinion, we shouldn't reach so hard to put someone in a label like what was quoted.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-10-21T00:24:47Z
I am not sure there wasn't a high decree of sarcasm from both of them.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-21T12:05:10Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

I am not sure there wasn't a high decree of sarcasm from both of them.



What ya mean?
Cheesey
2020-10-21T13:01:49Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

That does not label Aikman either right or left. It does however reveal his lack of knowledge in this area. Similar to the person that has no understanding of the homeless and judges them all as lazy or crazy. Aikman should get some feedback regarding his statement, he might learn a great lessen from this. It still won't make me like him as a broadcaster.



You are right.
Just his adding how if Biden and Harris were in office it wouldn’t happen made me figure he was trying to make some kind of point that Trump being president and allowing fly overs was a waste of money, and Trumps fault.
Even though they have been doing fly overs for as long as I can remember. Whether a Democrat or republican was president.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chance are, it’s a duck.
Sometimes a label fits.
Of course I don’t know if Aikman is a liberal or not.
Almost all “rich” people are left leaning. Look at Hollywood. Or major league sports.
Those that come out of the closet and admit they back President Trump get raked over the coals. Like that makes them horrible people.
I don’t know.....maybe the point Aikman was trying to make is that if Biden and Harris were in office, that they would destroy the military and that would end flyovers, as there wouldn’t be any planes or military pilots to do so. Maybe he’s a conservative! ( I don’t think that’s the case, but who knows?)
Zero2Cool
2020-10-21T13:27:19Z
This makes more sense to me from someone like Aikman.

"I love a flyover but It was odd to see one over a mostly empty stadium but I am an unwavering patriot that loves this country, has always respected our flag, supported the men and women in the armed forces as well as those in uniform who serve & protect and for anyone to suggest otherwise doesn’t know me, my beliefs or what I have stood for my entire life."

Smokey
2020-10-21T19:46:25Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

You are right.
Just his adding how if Biden and Harris were in office it wouldn’t happen made me figure he was trying to make some kind of point that Trump being president and allowing fly overs was a waste of money, and Trumps fault.
Even though they have been doing fly overs for as long as I can remember. Whether a Democrat or republican was president.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chance are, it’s a duck.
Sometimes a label fits.
Of course I don’t know if Aikman is a liberal or not.
Almost all “rich” people are left leaning. Look at Hollywood. Or major league sports.
Those that come out of the closet and admit they back President Trump get raked over the coals. Like that makes them horrible people.
I don’t know.....maybe the point Aikman was trying to make is that if Biden and Harris were in office, that they would destroy the military and that would end flyovers, as there wouldn’t be any planes or military pilots to do so. Maybe he’s a conservative! ( I don’t think that’s the case, but who knows?)



In the future you might include the entire quote and not just the part/s that support your post. Don't complain either over opposing views that employ the same partial truth method.

I don't personally like Aikman, but still I want to see/read all the facts and not just those cherry picked to support an argument. Fake news is not just a one way street.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-21T20:00:09Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

In the future you might include the entire quote and not just the part/s that support your post. Don't complain either over opposing views that employ the same partial truth method.

I don't personally like Aikman, but still I want to see/read all the facts and not just those cherry picked to support an argument. Fake news is not just a one way street.



You're the one who quoted part of a post, not him and it is OK to do that because sometimes it's needed for focused context. Keep your personal direction comments to yourself. Focus on the topic, not the person commenting on the topic. Why this is such a challenge for folks is beyond me.

I like Troy Aikman as an announcer because he's pretty intelligent. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck. I don't know either personally so can't speak onto that. I remember us fans thinking Joe Buck/Troy Aikman were our good luck charm for the 2010 season, lol. Funny how things change.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-10-21T23:00:09Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm not a fan of Joe Buck.

Sorry Z, but I am only using part of your quote.

Re Buck. I disagree. He is excellent a play by play. He doesn't feel the obligation to rattletrap like Sam Rosen who thinks he is paid by the word. He sets up Aikman exceptionally well. He is also outstanding on baseball.

To the topic, people say goofy stuff all the time for humor, sarcasm, or just to have some fun. I would not ascribe political motives. For what it is worth, Aikman had consistently given to Republican candidates, which would seem to give some level of credence to the opinion that the words spoken were either sarcastic or just bloviating.
Cheesey
2020-10-21T23:52:50Z
I don’t mind either of them as sportscasters.
Smokey
2020-10-22T02:51:13Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You're the one who quoted part of a post, not him and it is OK to do that because sometimes it's needed for focused context. Keep your personal direction comments to yourself. Focus on the topic, not the person commenting on the topic. Why this is such a challenge for folks is beyond me.

I like Troy Aikman as an announcer because he's pretty intelligent. I'm not a fan of Joe Buck. I don't know either personally so can't speak onto that. I remember us fans thinking Joe Buck/Troy Aikman were our good luck charm for the 2010 season, lol. Funny how things change.



I'm not surprised when you defend your "*lee*y" friends. Do as I say, not as I do?
Cheesey
2020-10-22T15:27:50Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I'm not surprised when you defend your "*lee*y" friends. Do as I say, not as I do?



Now THAT is FUNNY!
You sure do love “correcting” people. You do it every chance you get.
The “do as I say, not as I do” sure does fit you.
No one is allowed their opinions, unless it agrees with your opinion.

It really doesn’t bother me though, as I’ve come to realize that’s the way you are.
Just my opinion, of course!😂
Zero2Cool
2020-10-23T15:06:54Z
I was not going to mention this and now feel, screw it. It is interesting that he said "Kamala-Biden" ticket. Some can say this is semantics, and that's fine. Still, it is interesting that the VP is mentioned before the President on that ticket. It shows there are people who willing to vote for anyone other than Trump, even if they don't even support the other candidate.

As for flyovers, they have importance for pilots and we might wanna figure all that out before getting on our rage wagons and prop ourselves up on some moral high horse.
Cheesey
2020-10-23T17:55:22Z
Zero, it’s what I’ve been saying all along. I honestly believe that most of the people voting for Biden are only voting for him because they hate President Trump that much.
If they took the time to look honestly at what he has done for this country in the last 4 years, they wouldn’t be so quick to judge him badly.
Their hate for him was from long before he became President. The guy could save a baby by running into a burning building, and they’d still hate him.
Why do some say “Kamala/Biden?”
Maybe it’s because they realize just how corrupt Biden is, and have to say it that way to allow themselves to still vote for the guy.
Of course I don’t know for sure. But I wouldn’t vote for him no matter who his VP choice would be.
47 years. Nothing positive for Americans. Easy choice in my opinion.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Smokey (7h) : MCL sprain is better than a tear, but still will require careful recovery. Nothing that needs to be rushed.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Antonio Brown been with Tampa Bay for four games. They are 1-3.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Report: Packers C Corey Linsley has MCL sprain
KRK (30-Nov) : I am not thinking happy thoughts about this game
Zero2Cool (30-Nov) : The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
yooperfan (30-Nov) : GO PACK GO
buckeyepackfan (30-Nov) : GO! PACK! GO!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Phone says 37° with 14 mph winds. Yikes. Also, not excited for this game. More nervous.
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Neither Denver or New Orleans have QBs under center today ;)
Cheesey (29-Nov) : Looks like low 30s and 16mph wind
beast (29-Nov) : Browns can't shake the Jags
Smokey (29-Nov) : What is the forcast?
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Wind is about 16 mph right now. I don't see any flags so can't tell how it compares to previous weeks.
yooperfan (29-Nov) : I hope it's not as windy in Green Bay as it is here. That would throw a wrench into our passing game.
packerfanoutwest (29-Nov) : The only way Hinton survives this game is if the Saints yell “three Mississippi” before rushing. Otherwise, just hand it off on every play.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Saints rolling with a TE/WR/QB at QB. Broncos got WR playing QB. Should be loads of entertainment. :-)
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Fly that flag high!!!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Never read such a report about Wade failing to do that. Keep your fake news off your keyboard, mate.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Broncos starting a WR at GB. That's gonna be fun!
beast (29-Nov) : Wade Phillips reportedly fired for failure to do that. And that logic fails to address the Packers situation of not having the horse no matter what scheme you run.
beast (29-Nov) : Will the Jets Final win one?
yooperfan (29-Nov) : The Packers flag is up and flying in the breeze. GO PACK GO!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : As Wade Philips said, you scheme to maximize the players you have, not force players into scheme. He's right.
beast (29-Nov) : The scheme leaves DL on Island, it'd work if the DL and ILBers were better, and we might already have rookies that will be good ILBers, now need the DTs.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : They've invested tons into defense. They need a better scheme.
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : *WR Kendall Hinton
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Looks like the Broncos will roll with either RB Royce Freeman or Kendall Hinton. Hinton was a QB for 3 years at Wake Forest
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Broncos have no eligible QBs available for Sundays game vs the Saints due to covid restrictions
beast (29-Nov) : I think they need to consider keeping Pettine but getting him better players. That being said, if the impatient Elway fires Vic Fangio, I'm on the phone.
beast (29-Nov) : No matter who we get to coach, we need better players. Pettine system needs a much better run defenders for it to ever have a chance.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Patriots defense was more aggressive and improved after he left.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : You should read up on Patricia's defense before speaking such things. He's known for bend don't break and not being aggressive.
KRK (29-Nov) : If we part with Pettine, Patricia should be high on the list for replacements
Zero2Cool (28-Nov) : Lions relieved HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn of their duties.
Zero2Cool (27-Nov) : Ravens-Steelers being tentatively moved from Sunday to Tuesday night
beast (27-Nov) : I remember when I wanted WR Terry McLaurin and we selected TE Sternberger one pick before Terry McLaurin, now he's a stud for the Deadskins
beast (27-Nov) : I remember when I wanted WR Terry McLaurin and we selected TE Sternberger one pick before Terry McLaurin, now he's a stud for the Deadskins
TheKanataThrilla (27-Nov) : Remember when Packer fans wanted Montez Sweat. He is pretty good.
TheKanataThrilla (27-Nov) : Fake punt where was nerd...huge fail on that play Cowboys
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Like Mike's early days, sliding Daryn Colledge out to LT against the Vikes.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Cowboys lose both Ts on first drive.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Texans passing pretty much at will.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Lions running the ball up the middle with Apete.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Lions running the ball up the middle with Apete.
Zero2Cool (26-Nov) : First Thanksgiving was in September in Florida.
yooperfan (26-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
KRK (26-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
Zero2Cool (26-Nov) : Passer rating allowed in coverage for #Packers defense this season: Man Coverage: 83.2 (3rd) Zone Coverage: 104.3 (28th)
Cheesey (25-Nov) : I’d love to see what Dillon can do. Especially in 3rd and one.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Matt LaFleur said RB AJ Dillon has returned to the building and is still working through the Covid-19 protocols. He said he still believes Dillon can contribute a lot to the team once he returns.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 3:25 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Saturday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

29-Nov / Random Babble / Cheesey

29-Nov / Random Babble / Smokey

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

28-Nov / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.