Discussion Board
nerdmann
2020-10-18T23:01:41Z
Matt was misdirecting Tampa's D all over the field. All of a sudden they know where the ball is going EVERY TIME. Two INTs in a row, against Aaron Rodgers!? Please.

They run a screen out to 33 late in the 3rd. Defense is right there waiting for it.

This is NOT going to get fixed. Because there is nothing to fix. It's gonna go on for awhile until they figure out wtf it is. Maybe Brady brought some cheating over from NE.
yooperfan
2020-10-18T23:28:26Z
nerdmann
2020-10-18T23:31:45Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

That game was fixed!



This game flipped LIKE A SWITCH. Two consecutive INTs, by Aaron Rodgers? They need to self scout. This will continue to be used against them.
Cheesey
2020-10-18T23:36:13Z
Looks like the Packers will have to change THEIR name to the “Green Bay Tampax”, because today they were only good for one period.
bboystyle
2020-10-19T01:32:33Z
4-1. All smoke and mirrors.


Just another season of crappy football by GB wasting another HOF QBs career. Nothing new to see here folks
all_about_da_packers
2020-10-19T02:04:41Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This game flipped LIKE A SWITCH. Two consecutive INTs, by Aaron Rodgers? They need to self scout. This will continue to be used against them.



Or the players need to execute better. First INT was all Rodgers - look at the replay or watch the A22 when it comes out. He snaps, stares down Davante ALL the way on a blitz and the CB read it precisely because Aaron Rodgers makes it obvious he will throw to Davante once Davante makes his cut. So CB jumps the route when ball is released, and easy pick-6. It was atrociously poor fundamentals from Rodgers, not a design flaw.

Second INT was simply a missed catch that Davante should have had. Maybe you can argue it's a but of a fluke with a defender right there to catch the tipped ball, but Davante has to make that though catch (and usually does 95% of the time). The ball was literally in the hands of Davante - he just needs to secure it; or, if he doesn't, more likely than not there is no other defender nearby to grab that deflection. Bad execution with a little bad luck thrown in.

The only thing I will question on the play-calling is early emphasis on Aaron Jones boundary run calls. For those to work, in addition to WRs blocking, the O-line has to get to the second level to block LBs. It was clear pretty early on that our O-line was not going doing well blocking the LBs on the second level.

Not going to lie: I was jarred by Aaron throwing 2 INTs - so I can understand the team totally being deflated when that happened. But the execution by players needs to improve more than anything; it wasn't a scheme flaw or anything that needs self-scouting.
beast
2020-10-19T02:11:06Z
So if the Packers don't win every single game it's either fixed or wasting a guys career? ...

Then FUCK IT! You should stop watching right now... I mean what's the point of wasting your time?
nerdmann
2020-10-19T04:29:22Z
Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Or the players need to execute better. First INT was all Rodgers - look at the replay or watch the A22 when it comes out. He snaps, stares down Davante ALL the way on a blitz and the CB read it precisely because Aaron Rodgers makes it obvious he will throw to Davante once Davante makes his cut. So CB jumps the route when ball is released, and easy pick-6. It was atrociously poor fundamentals from Rodgers, not a design flaw.

Second INT was simply a missed catch that Davante should have had. Maybe you can argue it's a but of a fluke with a defender right there to catch the tipped ball, but Davante has to make that though catch (and usually does 95% of the time). The ball was literally in the hands of Davante - he just needs to secure it; or, if he doesn't, more likely than not there is no other defender nearby to grab that deflection. Bad execution with a little bad luck thrown in.

The only thing I will question on the play-calling is early emphasis on Aaron Jones boundary run calls. For those to work, in addition to WRs blocking, the O-line has to get to the second level to block LBs. It was clear pretty early on that our O-line was not going doing well blocking the LBs on the second level.

Not going to lie: I was jarred by Aaron throwing 2 INTs - so I can understand the team totally being deflated when that happened. But the execution by players needs to improve more than anything; it wasn't a scheme flaw or anything that needs self-scouting.



Not saying it's a sceme flaw.

It'sxlike when Herschel walker only put in his mouthpiece when it was a running play. Something like that. They knew what was coming.
Cheesey
2020-10-19T04:36:38Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

So if the Packers don't win every single game it's either fixed or wasting a guys career? ...

Then FUCK IT! You should stop watching right now... I mean what's the point of wasting your time?


R-E-L-A-X, Beast!
Guys are just frustrated with what was an awful display today.
A complete failure on all parts.
With how we won the 4 games, it’s hard to imagine how they could play so terrible.
If you at least play well, then you don’t feel so deflated. After the first two drives, it was 100 % lousy.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-19T14:03:11Z
Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Or the players need to execute better. First INT was all Rodgers - look at the replay or watch the A22 when it comes out. He snaps, stares down Davante ALL the way on a blitz and the CB read it precisely because Aaron Rodgers makes it obvious he will throw to Davante once Davante makes his cut. So CB jumps the route when ball is released, and easy pick-6. It was atrociously poor fundamentals from Rodgers, not a design flaw.

Second INT was simply a missed catch that Davante should have had. Maybe you can argue it's a but of a fluke with a defender right there to catch the tipped ball, but Davante has to make that though catch (and usually does 95% of the time). The ball was literally in the hands of Davante - he just needs to secure it; or, if he doesn't, more likely than not there is no other defender nearby to grab that deflection. Bad execution with a little bad luck thrown in.

The only thing I will question on the play-calling is early emphasis on Aaron Jones boundary run calls. For those to work, in addition to WRs blocking, the O-line has to get to the second level to block LBs. It was clear pretty early on that our O-line was not going doing well blocking the LBs on the second level.

Not going to lie: I was jarred by Aaron throwing 2 INTs - so I can understand the team totally being deflated when that happened. But the execution by players needs to improve more than anything; it wasn't a scheme flaw or anything that needs self-scouting.


I couldn't believe it when I saw the replay. How can a HOF QB stare at his receiver the whole time? That's on the QB 101 stuff of things you never do. Even the second int was forced. There was defender right there and the double team defender was only a couple of steps away. Also QB 101 "don't throw into a double team. Someone else is going to be open."
dhazer
2020-10-20T00:21:41Z
Relax everyone geesh, Rodgers has a history of playing lousy in Tampa, it was like Favre playing in Dallas. Only bad thing is the Super Bowl is in Tampa 😞
rabidgopher04
2020-10-20T03:34:54Z
I read a quote by the CB who picked 6 Rodgers and said that when Adams goes in motion to the left, Rodgers always throws it to him down the sideline.

https://profootballtalk....ans-nfl-fmia-peter-king/  Click on "Newsmakers this week" and read about Jamel Dean.

There's the tell.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-20T12:32:59Z
Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I read a quote by the CB who picked 6 Rodgers and said that when Adams goes in motion to the left, Rodgers always throws it to him down the sideline.

https://profootballtalk....ans-nfl-fmia-peter-king/  Click on "Newsmakers this week" and read about Jamel Dean.

There's the tell.



You didn't even need to know the film study for this to get that interception. Ignore the Buccaneer that was offsides and that we probably false start on the play, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball and he's staring 17 the whole time. I think we all knew it where it was going.

Cheer up everyone, Aaron did this on purpose. At some point they are gonna run the same play and Aaron will stare 17 down again but this time no look throw it opposite field to 83 for 70 yard TD.
nerdmann
2020-10-20T16:53:08Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You didn't even need to know the film study for this to get that interception. Ignore the Buccaneer that was offsides and that we probably false start on the play, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball and he's staring 17 the whole time. I think we all knew it where it was going.

Cheer up everyone, Aaron did this on purpose. At some point they are gonna run the same play and Aaron will stare 17 down again but this time no look throw it opposite field to 83 for 70 yard TD.



That's the thing. Aaron stares like that. You can't necessarily just jump that pass, because of his no-look capability.

Just seemed like they suddenly knew where the ball was going, every time. Like a switch was flipped. BAM!
Cheesey
2020-10-20T18:02:45Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That's the thing. Aaron stares like that. You can't necessarily just jump that pass, because of his no-look capability.

Just seemed like they suddenly knew where the ball was going, every time. Like a switch was flipped. BAM!



Makes you wonder....how did they know what was coming every play? Did they get the radio frequency of MLFs headset, and cheat?
yooperfan
2020-10-20T18:16:01Z
A lot of lip reading going on!
olds70supreme
2020-10-20T20:38:47Z
I mean, maybe Tampa Bay cheated. Or maybe they were the better team on Sunday.
nerdmann
2020-10-20T23:08:25Z
Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

I mean, maybe Tampa Bay cheated. Or maybe they were the better team on Sunday.



Maybe. Thing is, we were moving the ball, building aclead. Then suddenly BAM!

It was like flipping a switch.

Not saying anyone cheated either. Just seems like we're unconsciously telegraphing the play somehow.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-10-21T00:19:00Z
What was the tell on defense?

(note return of sarcasm font )

Was the fact that on at least 4 3rd and short yardage situations, our db's were 10-12 yards off the line of scrimmage?


Perhaps, because of the tell, they were cleverly able to surmise that we were incapable of stopping an easy pitch and catch to stop any one of 3 receivers from getting an easy first down.
go.pack.go.
2020-10-21T11:31:41Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You didn't even need to know the film study for this to get that interception. Ignore the Buccaneer that was offsides and that we probably false start on the play, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball and he's staring 17 the whole time. I think we all knew it where it was going.

Cheer up everyone, Aaron did this on purpose. At some point they are gonna run the same play and Aaron will stare 17 down again but this time no look throw it opposite field to 83 for 70 yard TD.



Only to be dropped.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Smokey (7h) : MCL sprain is better than a tear, but still will require careful recovery. Nothing that needs to be rushed.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Antonio Brown been with Tampa Bay for four games. They are 1-3.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Report: Packers C Corey Linsley has MCL sprain
KRK (30-Nov) : I am not thinking happy thoughts about this game
Zero2Cool (30-Nov) : The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
yooperfan (30-Nov) : GO PACK GO
buckeyepackfan (30-Nov) : GO! PACK! GO!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Phone says 37° with 14 mph winds. Yikes. Also, not excited for this game. More nervous.
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Neither Denver or New Orleans have QBs under center today ;)
Cheesey (29-Nov) : Looks like low 30s and 16mph wind
beast (29-Nov) : Browns can't shake the Jags
Smokey (29-Nov) : What is the forcast?
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Wind is about 16 mph right now. I don't see any flags so can't tell how it compares to previous weeks.
yooperfan (29-Nov) : I hope it's not as windy in Green Bay as it is here. That would throw a wrench into our passing game.
packerfanoutwest (29-Nov) : The only way Hinton survives this game is if the Saints yell “three Mississippi” before rushing. Otherwise, just hand it off on every play.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Saints rolling with a TE/WR/QB at QB. Broncos got WR playing QB. Should be loads of entertainment. :-)
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Fly that flag high!!!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Never read such a report about Wade failing to do that. Keep your fake news off your keyboard, mate.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Broncos starting a WR at GB. That's gonna be fun!
beast (29-Nov) : Wade Phillips reportedly fired for failure to do that. And that logic fails to address the Packers situation of not having the horse no matter what scheme you run.
beast (29-Nov) : Will the Jets Final win one?
yooperfan (29-Nov) : The Packers flag is up and flying in the breeze. GO PACK GO!
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : As Wade Philips said, you scheme to maximize the players you have, not force players into scheme. He's right.
beast (29-Nov) : The scheme leaves DL on Island, it'd work if the DL and ILBers were better, and we might already have rookies that will be good ILBers, now need the DTs.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : They've invested tons into defense. They need a better scheme.
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : *WR Kendall Hinton
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Looks like the Broncos will roll with either RB Royce Freeman or Kendall Hinton. Hinton was a QB for 3 years at Wake Forest
Mucky Tundra (29-Nov) : Broncos have no eligible QBs available for Sundays game vs the Saints due to covid restrictions
beast (29-Nov) : I think they need to consider keeping Pettine but getting him better players. That being said, if the impatient Elway fires Vic Fangio, I'm on the phone.
beast (29-Nov) : No matter who we get to coach, we need better players. Pettine system needs a much better run defenders for it to ever have a chance.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : Patriots defense was more aggressive and improved after he left.
Zero2Cool (29-Nov) : You should read up on Patricia's defense before speaking such things. He's known for bend don't break and not being aggressive.
KRK (29-Nov) : If we part with Pettine, Patricia should be high on the list for replacements
Zero2Cool (28-Nov) : Lions relieved HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn of their duties.
Zero2Cool (27-Nov) : Ravens-Steelers being tentatively moved from Sunday to Tuesday night
beast (27-Nov) : I remember when I wanted WR Terry McLaurin and we selected TE Sternberger one pick before Terry McLaurin, now he's a stud for the Deadskins
beast (27-Nov) : I remember when I wanted WR Terry McLaurin and we selected TE Sternberger one pick before Terry McLaurin, now he's a stud for the Deadskins
TheKanataThrilla (27-Nov) : Remember when Packer fans wanted Montez Sweat. He is pretty good.
TheKanataThrilla (27-Nov) : Fake punt where was nerd...huge fail on that play Cowboys
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Like Mike's early days, sliding Daryn Colledge out to LT against the Vikes.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Cowboys lose both Ts on first drive.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Texans passing pretty much at will.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Lions running the ball up the middle with Apete.
nerdmann (26-Nov) : Lions running the ball up the middle with Apete.
Zero2Cool (26-Nov) : First Thanksgiving was in September in Florida.
yooperfan (26-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving to all from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
KRK (26-Nov) : Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
Zero2Cool (26-Nov) : Passer rating allowed in coverage for #Packers defense this season: Man Coverage: 83.2 (3rd) Zone Coverage: 104.3 (28th)
Cheesey (25-Nov) : I’d love to see what Dillon can do. Especially in 3rd and one.
Zero2Cool (25-Nov) : Matt LaFleur said RB AJ Dillon has returned to the building and is still working through the Covid-19 protocols. He said he still believes Dillon can contribute a lot to the team once he returns.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 3:25 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Saturday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

29-Nov / Random Babble / Cheesey

29-Nov / Random Babble / Smokey

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

28-Nov / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.