Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-10-11T15:32:47Z
WR Equanimeous St. Brown and LB Kamal Martin. They should be eligible to return if healthy, right? Who you excited about? None? One? Both?
yooperfan
2020-10-11T17:04:46Z
If I could only pick one, it would be Kamal Martin.
I don't have any faith that ESB will ever see much of the field.
He makes hay on IR.
beast
2020-10-11T17:47:38Z
Yes, both have missed 3 games and therefore eligible to return if Packers see fit, though, I would think they might have them practing some first, as I believe (not fully sure) they get a 3 week practice window should the team elect and then they would have him make a decision, and they could make a decision at any point

We never did hear much about St. Browns injury it details about it, other than a knee injury... no way to tell if it's a short term injury or a season long one...

Martin injury was supposed to be a 6 week injury, two weeks before the season, so in theory, he might be ready to go...

I was so excited about Martin preseason, as he sounded like clearly among the top 2 ILBers we had... but bring him back smartly, I don't want him rushed back just to get injured again...

St. Brown, we need another WR, and he's said to be smart player according to LaFleur, but he really hasn't shown much (even in preseason) since his rookie year... but I do think he could be a great fit in the large slot WR role LaFleur likes, but he has to stay healthy, and battle the TEs for playing time in that role.
nerdmann
2020-10-11T18:45:43Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Yes, both have missed 3 games and therefore eligible to return if Packers see fit, though, I would think they might have them practing some first, as I believe (not fully sure) they get a 3 week practice window should the team elect and then they would have him make a decision, and they could make a decision at any point

We never did hear much about St. Browns injury it details about it, other than a knee injury... no way to tell if it's a short term injury or a season long one...

Martin injury was supposed to be a 6 week injury, two weeks before the season, so in theory, he might be ready to go...

I was so excited about Martin preseason, as he sounded like clearly among the top 2 ILBers we had... but bring him back smartly, I don't want him rushed back just to get injured again...

St. Brown, we need another WR, and he's said to be smart player according to LaFleur, but he really hasn't shown much (even in preseason) since his rookie year... but I do think he could be a great fit in the large slot WR role LaFleur likes, but he has to stay healthy, and battle the TEs for playing time in that role.


Let's see what they got, but only if they're ready. We need guys at both spots.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-12T13:45:21Z
I want both of them to get into the mix but if I could only have one of them I will go with Martin. let's see what he has.
yooperfan
2020-10-12T20:42:49Z
The Packers have designated ESB and Kamal Martin for return from IR today.
Hopefully we get to see what they got.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-10-12T21:20:10Z
I wonder who gets released from the 53 when they come back? I've lost count. How many spots are open? Probably Shepherd at WR and Garvin?
beast
2020-10-12T21:25:50Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

I wonder who gets released from the 53 when they come back? I've lost count. How many spots are open? Probably Shepherd at WR and Garvin?


I believe the Packers have two open spots on the 53 and TE with an ACL tear, so I'm theory they got 3 spots that could be open.

And so no one should have to be released unless they bringing four players to the 53 man roster full time.
all_about_da_packers
2020-10-13T07:54:52Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

If I could only pick one, it would be Kamal Martin.
I don't have any faith that ESB will ever see much of the field.
He makes hay on IR.



This is the problem with cr*pping on a player: you can come off as an idiot to those that have insight beyond generalities you rely on. Equanimeous, while having been injured, makes his hay because of his tantalizing potential. He had production (albeit not top-tier WR level) as a rookie, but I'll go back to his rookie year in TC practices. I know for a fact that in at least one open practice where he was facing Jaire in one-on-ones that EQ's burst and speed were posing problems for Jaire. As in, full-speed he would have a step or two on Jaire in those practice one-on-ones. Now I get Jaire was also a rookie at the time (as was EQ), but things like that stand out in open TC practices.

Then look at the games EQ did play in, particularly focusing on his snaps in the slot. EQ is sudden, but it is his after-the-catch ability that stands out where you see his shiftiness allow him to make defenders miss after he caught the ball (his height giving him a large catch radius). For example, look at the Titan preseason game in 2018 to see what I mean. There are very often clear windows to throw to him in-part due to the fact that no one is even close to his height. You cannot teach that amount height.

If I told you we had a young WR that was 6'5 and had speed/agility that could cause even Jaire to look a step or two slow, you are doing all that you can to develop that WR. That is why, despite the injured and dire numbers at WR, the Packers have not cut EQ to get/bring back another WR (be it Sanu, Kumerow, etc.). It's also why I'm really interested to see what he can do - keeping in mind he hasn't played game football in 1.5 years. EQ's combination of height, speed and game tape he has put out there make me think he could be a weapon in LaFleur's offense.

If not for the emergence of Krys Barnes, I'd have gone with Martin. But, given Barnes has held his own in both running and passing downs, I'm not sure where exactly Martin can make a contribution since the Packers rarely employ two ILBs side-by-side. And giving LaFleur another weapon to work into his offense is really intriguing.
Zero2Cool
2020-10-13T12:04:28Z
Equanimeous is gonna tear some shit up when given his opportunity. You haters can cry a river and drowned in it!! 😍
yooperfan
2020-10-13T13:10:24Z
Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

This is the problem with cr*pping on a player: you can come off as an idiot to those that have insight beyond generalities you rely on. Equanimeous, while having been injured, makes his hay because of his tantalizing potential. He had production (albeit not top-tier WR level) as a rookie, but I'll go back to his rookie year in TC practices. I know for a fact that in at least one open practice where he was facing Jaire in one-on-ones that EQ's burst and speed were posing problems for Jaire. As in, full-speed he would have a step or two on Jaire in those practice one-on-ones. Now I get Jaire was also a rookie at the time (as was EQ), but things like that stand out in open TC practices.

Then look at the games EQ did play in, particularly focusing on his snaps in the slot. EQ is sudden, but it is his after-the-catch ability that stands out where you see his shiftiness allow him to make defenders miss after he caught the ball (his height giving him a large catch radius). For example, look at the Titan preseason game in 2018 to see what I mean. There are very often clear windows to throw to him in-part due to the fact that no one is even close to his height. You cannot teach that amount height.

If I told you we had a young WR that was 6'5 and had speed/agility that could cause even Jaire to look a step or two slow, you are doing all that you can to develop that WR. That is why, despite the injured and dire numbers at WR, the Packers have not cut EQ to get/bring back another WR (be it Sanu, Kumerow, etc.). It's also why I'm really interested to see what he can do - keeping in mind he hasn't played game football in 1.5 years. EQ's combination of height, speed and game tape he has put out there make me think he could be a weapon in LaFleur's offense.

If not for the emergence of Krys Barnes, I'd have gone with Martin. But, given Barnes has held his own in both running and passing downs, I'm not sure where exactly Martin can make a contribution since the Packers rarely employ two ILBs side-by-side. And giving LaFleur another weapon to work into his offense is really intriguing.


He can have all the size speed and potential that you speak of, but if he can’t stay on the field he’s no help to the Green Bay Packers.

all_about_da_packers
2020-10-13T13:52:30Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

He can have all the size speed and potential that you speak of, but if he can’t stay on the field he’s no help to the Green Bay Packers.



Agreed. But we have seen Packers before him (Davon House, Will Blackmon, James Starks, JC Tretter) start their careers with prolonged injury woes only to eventually get healthy and become contributors. Heck, prolonged injury struggles are how we picked up Tyler Ervin.

I get that there are examples like Justin Harrell, too. Still, it's too early to give up on the EQ entirely. And given his potential, it's understandable he'd be given a slightly longer runway to eventually find his way back onto the field.
Tezzy
2020-10-18T18:24:33Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

WR Equanimeous St. Brown and LB Kamal Martin. They should be eligible to return if healthy, right? Who you excited about? None? One? Both?



I am excited about both. I believe they could add value to the overall depth of the team.

EQ has a great opportunity with Lazard out.

During preseason practice the coaches talked up Martin a lot, and willing to give him the green dot, which says a lot for a rookie. With how Barnes has played I wonder if they will try to start Martin sooner than later or let Barnes lose the job. I don't live by PFF but pretty cool to see Barnes on the all-pro rookie team.



Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (18m) : I don’t know anything about him. Is he any good?
Zero2Cool (1h) : From Twitter... Packers are bringing in veteran WR Seth Roberts, who was released by the Panthers earlier today. A source said the plan is to sign him to the practice squad initially.
Smokey (5h) : Fred & Ethel Mertz used be "Lucey & Rickey's" neighbors on the I Love Lucey show. Is this fellow related ? LOL
Zero2Cool (7h) : @Gil_Brandt Davante Adams has two games this season of 150+ receiving yards and 2+ receiving touchdowns. The rest of the NFL's receivers has two such games in 2020 (Justin Jefferson and Tyler Lockett)
Cheesey (12h) : Mertz, the Wisconsin Badgers QB.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Terrible. @JosinaAnderson Odell Beckham Jr just text me that his ACL is torn and that his season is over.
Smokey (14h) : Who?
Zero2Cool (15h) : Graham Mertz, who had a record-setting first career start Friday, tested positive for COVID-19
yooperfan (16h) : Thanks WPR, I had never heard his name before.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : What is it with Seattle and close games?
wpr (26-Oct) : Yoop Black is a PS player called up for the game.They sent him back down already. I hope Amos gives him the ball b/c that may be his only game trophy.
KRK (26-Oct) : T/F after the game, 12 was talking to Ken Stills for 5 minutes. Trade for Stills?
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Who the hell is Henry Black?
Cheesey (25-Oct) : I agree Zero. Helmet to helmet as he was sliding.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Terrible hit on Andy Dalton.
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Wow Yoop! I didn’t think you were that much older then me.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Inactives : 32 RB Tyler Ervin 33 RB Aaron Jones 69 T David Bakhtiari 10 QB Jordan Love 20 CB Kevin King 95 DL Tyler Lancaster 26 S Darnell Savage
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Official. Damn it! Aaron Jones— OUT today for GB.
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Cheesey I’m going on 73.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Ego has no amigo
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : NFL fined the #Titans $350,000 for violating COVID-19 protocols. League won’t hand out individual fines or strip draft picks. Case closed.
Mucky Tundra (25-Oct) : Holy crap what a crazy ending to a World Series game!
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : We'll see about Jones. Packers are leaning on holding him, but it's game time decision.
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Not surprised about Bak. I think the Packers knew all along he wasn’t going to play.
Cheesey (25-Oct) : 😂😂😂WPR!
KRK (24-Oct) : David Bakhtiari ruled out for Packers' Week 7 game against Texans
wpr (24-Oct) : I splaine nut'n Cheesey.
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Hey WPR! You got some ‘splainin to do! 🤪😂
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Yoop, I don’t remember, are you older then me? I’m 63
Cheesey (24-Oct) : If there is any chance of making his injury worse, I would sit Jones out this game. We will need him for later.
Zero2Cool (24-Oct) : That's better than doubtful. But no Friday practice usually means no Sunday play.
packerfanoutwest (24-Oct) : Jones is questionable, Dillon time?
yooperfan (24-Oct) : Being, probably, the oldest guy on this forum, I got it Cheesey 😂
wpr (24-Oct) : Great-grandparents Cheesey.
Cheesey (24-Oct) : I bet only the old guys here will get my joke!
Cheesey (24-Oct) : I wonder if his parents are “Fred and Ethel?”🤪😂
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Yup! It finally looks like the Badgers have a QB!
Zero2Cool (24-Oct) : Damn. Lol. Graham Mertz’s first half as the #Badgers starting QB: 14/14 for 190 yards & 4 TDs.
packerfanoutwest (24-Oct) : I have no idea why, but they are showing the game here in San Diego
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Antonio Brown to buccaneers
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : That's time I won't get back. 🙄😜⌚
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Oh. I see now.
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Why do you say that?
Mucky Tundra (23-Oct) : Man, Buckeye must be REAL worried about the Texans game!
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : Allen Lazard (core muscle) begins rehab wor
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : The Ravens are sending a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional fifth-rounder in 2022 to Minnesota for Ngakoue. The condition: If Ngaukoe is a first-ballot Pro Bowler, the 2022 pick becomes a fourth-
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : @AdamSchefter With Antonio Brown’s suspension eligible to end after week 8, the Seattle Seahawks are now positioned to make a push to sign him, though they’re not alone, league sources tell ESPN.
Zero2Cool (20-Oct) : Packers placed CB Parry Nickerson on injured reserve
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Oct / Around The NFL / wpr

25-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

25-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

23-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.