Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2020-09-15T12:26:25Z
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 1 - 0 )
    Total Offense = 1st
    Passing Offense = 2nd
    Rushing Offense = 4th

Total Defense = 23rd
    Passing Defense = 22nd
    Rushing Defense = 21st

Points For = 43.0 (1st)
    Points Against = 34.0 (28th)

UserPostedImage
Detroit Lions ( 0 - 1 )
    Total Offense = 4th
    Passing Offense = 11th
    Rushing Offense = 9th

Total Defense = 16th
    Passing Defense = 13th
    Rushing Defense = 26th

Points For = 23.0 (16th)
    Points Against = 27.0 (27th)
beast
2020-09-15T13:03:13Z
They got RB Adrian Peterson and WR Kenny Golliday, both of whom the Packers couldn't stop at times... and no word on NT Kenny Clark's injury makes me believe he's missing a few games if not more.

Also the Lions basically kicked the Packers butt in last year games but lost because a questionable ref call and Packers fighting until the end, as they're 3rd string QB and a banged up Lions could only do so much.

This potential could be a rough one.

Of course the Bears were able to come back late 4th quarter in part because they were able to pass the ball like crazy, due tonthe Lions top 3 CBs all being injured.

So this could be another MVP day for Mr. Rodgers potential too.
Zero2Cool
2020-09-15T13:18:43Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

They got RB Adrian Peterson and WR Kenny Golliday, both of whom the Packers couldn't stop at times... and no word on NT Kenny Clark's injury makes me believe he's missing a few games if not more.

Kenny Golladay has a hamstring issue. He's probably not going to be up. It's the Marvin Jones guy that worries me.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-15T14:09:29Z
With CB Justin Coleman on IR. Jeff Okudah & Desmond Trufant are having their own hammy issues it is looking like Rodgers will have another good day.

GB 35
Detroit 17
Cheesey
2020-09-15T15:42:33Z
I went to a Lions fan forum after they lost to the Bears.
One of the comments that was there made me laugh.....”the other teams in the NFC North get to play the Lions TWICE a season! That’s not FAIR! The Lions don’t get to play the Lions even ONCE!”
😂😂😂
Rockmolder
2020-09-16T19:13:03Z
They looked a lot better than the sum of their parts for 3 quarters... And then just collapsed.

I was impressed by Peterson, though, and with Hockenson showing why he was a first rounder last year. Then again, he started off much in the same fashion last year.

You never know what Stafford you're getting. Looks like he feels and sees everything on the field one play, only to lob one into triple coverage the next.

Defense wasn't all that impressive. If it wasn't for Trubisky being off target quite a few times and receivers dropping some balls, they could've gotten to 40 points, as well. Especially with all those CBS out on the Lions' side.

I think this is one we should be able to win, but I can't imagine it begin a low scoring game.
Zero2Cool
2020-09-16T20:57:58Z
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-16T22:03:52Z
How did Chicago end up on CBS? I am thrilled.

UserPostedImage

Atlanta @ DallasKevin Burkhardt, Daryl Johnston
San Francisco @ NY JetsKenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma
LA Rams @ PhiladelphiaKevin Kugler, Chris Spielman
Carolina @ Tampa BayAdam Amin, Mark Schlereth
Detroit @ Green BayChris Myers, Greg Jennings, Brock Huard
Minnesota @ IndianapolisTim Brando, Robert Smith
Washington @ Arizona (LATE)Dick Stockton, Brady Quinn
Smokey
2020-09-16T22:26:05Z
The full/complete injury list for both the Packers and the Lions with their positions, injuries, and who is expected to take their place would be informative. Thanks Guys!
beast
2020-09-17T02:00:52Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The full/complete injury list for both the Packers and the Lions with their positions, injuries, and who is expected to take their place would be informative. Thanks Guys!

Yes it would, and $100 extra in my pocket sure would be nice.

Injury List
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/ 

Of Packers not practicing at all

OG Lane Taylor, probably done for the season, his replacement will depend on the OL shuffle, and who's healthy, is Turner and Patrick healthy? If so, they probably both in. If it, the. Wagner then Runyon.

OLB Ramsey as 4th OLB, it was draft pick Jonathan Garvin and PS player Tipa Galeai this last week.

NT Kenny Clark, Lowry, Lancaster and Keke will attempt to replace him, plus Pettine will probably be playing a 5-2 with Z. Smith as a NT in an attempt to stop the run.

The rest of the injury report is St. Brown, the 3rd rounders whom always seem to be on the injury report (DL Adams and ILB Burks), and every OG not named Runyan, but I'm expecting that most of them will be available for the game.

Lions depth chart...
https://www.ourlads.com/...pthcharts/depthchart/DET 

Their top WR is injured, their top receiving TE (whom I consider a WR... he has TE size, but he's a rookie and last year in college he seemed softer than some WRs, but he's a very good route runner and WR, but if I see anything that physical out of him, I'd be surprised.)

Their top 3 CBs are injured, but the #3 overall pick didn't play against the Bears, I'm guessing he plays this game.

A starting DT is injured, but I think they got a lot of run stuffers, so I don't know if that will help too much.
Smokey
2020-09-17T03:29:35Z
It would appear that a more pass weighted offense against the Lions could be most effective. The loss of Lane Taylor hurts, but thankfully GB's GM has been more practical hiring players over picking up the flavor of the month (WR or TE).

The GB Defense will be looking to improve and not give up so many points this week. Stafford is a fine QB, but has had few great assets over the years to help him.

Green Bay wins. 35 to 13
Mucky Tundra
2020-09-17T04:00:54Z
Some random Twitter findings

Edit:

Mucky Tundra
2020-09-18T08:33:13Z
The Lions play the most man coverage. They're also the worst at it. 

Quote:

Last season, the two teams that played the most man coverage were the Detroit Lions and the New England Patriots. Each team put man concepts on the field on 54% of their defensive snaps, per Sports Info Solutions. Not a surprise in that Lions head coach Matt Patricia used to be Bill Belichick’s defensive coordinator, and Patricia has several former Patriots (Trey Flowers, Jamie Collins, Danny Shelton) playing on his defense.

However, the results of man coverage for the two teams could not possibly have been more different last season. In 2019, when playing Cover-0, Cover-1, or 2-Man coverage, not to mention combo man/zone schemes, the Patriots allowed 10 touchdowns, picked off 18 passes, gave up a completion rate of 49.8%, and allowed an opponent QBR of 54.06.

When the Lions were playing those same coverages, they gave up 23 touchdowns, intercepted just four passes, allowed a completion rate of 55.9%, and opposing quarterbacks had a 98.7 QBR when “challenged” with Patricia’s man concepts.

UserPostedImage

Multiple Lions DBs on the injury list? A rookie making his on the field debut this week?

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2020-09-18T19:57:25Z
Lions have given Packers some trouble that last three years. Last season the Packers never led in either of the games, yet, still won both contests. The previous four games the Lions won.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

2017 I think Brett Hundley played most if not all of those two contests and one of the 2018 games I think Rodgers was knocked out or taken out early.
beast
2020-09-19T23:01:09Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Packers haven't been able to score 24 points on them in a while.

Last minute changes to the injury report, WR St. Brown got placed on the IR with a knee injury.

Lions starting DT Nick Williams was downgraded to out.

All on the injury reports

Packers

Out: starters DT Clark, OG Taylor and backups WR St Brown, OLB Ramsey
Doubtful: none
Questionable: starters OL Turner, OL Patrick, S Greene, TE Deguara and DL Adams

Lions
Out: starters WR Golladay, LG Dahl, DT Williams, CB Trufant and backup TE Hunter
Doubtful: none
Questionable: starters RT Vaitai, backups CB Roberts, S Moore
Mucky Tundra
2020-09-20T10:12:34Z
It's game day against a team that gave Green Bay all it could handle last season. But I think these teams are on different trajectories and we're gonna see it. With a banged up Detroit secondary I think Rodgers will have another great day statistically, though it'll more quality than quantity. The rushing attack gets going today as Jones/Williams/Dillon combine for 150 yards (give or take). With the offense clicking, the absence of Kenny Clark on D will be mitigated.

Green Bay 35
Detroit 20
nerdmann
2020-09-20T14:18:28Z
Week 17 we didn't take them seriously. Figured they'd have their bags packed and their cars running to leave after the season.
Zero2Cool
2020-09-20T15:37:08Z
Adrian Peterson will NOT be the leading rusher for the Lions. Peterson will not damage the Packers. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
yooperfan
2020-09-20T16:03:13Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Adrian Peterson will NOT be the leading rusher for the Lions. Peterson will not damage the Packers. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

I certainly hope you are right!!
Peterson has been my biggest fear entering this game.
Many people would probably say that I should fear Stafford more than AP.
But knowing over the years that Stafford has a propensity for shitting the bed in critical situations, I feel that AP versus our run defense is more of a threat.

nerdmann
2020-09-20T20:23:39Z
Started slow both games. Something upon which to work. More worried about the guys who are hurt.

Great game.
TheKanataThrilla
2020-09-20T20:55:42Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Started slow both games. Something upon which to work. More worried about the guys who are hurt.

Great game.

It felt very similar to the Vikes game. Once the offense was going though we were pretty stellar. Hate the injuries, but looks like we have a bit of depth. New Orleans will be the litmus test.