Discussion Board
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2020-09-18T18:07:07Z
https://www.channel3000.com/espn...l-stadium-in-the-nation/ 

Quote:

ESPN has ranked Lambeau Field, home to the Green Bay Packers, the best NFL stadium in the country.
The ranking , which was decided based on atmosphere, features, traditions, tailgating, location, cost and history, was shared Wednesday.
According to ESPN’s breakdown, Lambeau ranked first in the nation for atmosphere, traditions and history. It placed third for features and tailgating. While it ranked in the top three for five of seven categories, Lambeau’s location and cost were both ranked in the bottom half of NFL stadiums.
Lambeau’s history seemed to play a large role in its first-place ranking. ESPN praised Lambeau for being home to the “Ice Bowl” and the Packers’ runs to 15 division titles, nine conference titles and seven overall championships, four of which were Super Bowl titles.
However, NFL Nation reporters surveyed for the ranking said one part of Lambeau was better than the rest: the Lambeau Leap.
According to ESPN, Green Bay’s location, which is more than 100 miles from Milwaukee, is the reason Lambeau scored 27th (out of 28) in the nation for that metric.

Yeah, location is better than 27th but oh well.

From the ESPN page: (Link above)

Quote:

The formula we used is outlined below.

Features (20%): The bells and whistles that make each stadium unique. Reporters listed the best and worst features for their home stadium as well as others they had visited.

Traditions (15%): The distinct rituals that each stadium and fan base engage in on Sundays, gathered and rated by NFL Nation reporters.

Tailgating (15%): The party outside of the stadium before and after the game, rated by NFL Nation reporters.

Location (10%): Where the stadium is situated in relation to dining, entertainment and hotels, proximity to major tourist attractions, plus a mobility score accounting for public transportation to and from the game.

Cost (10%): The combined cost of a ticket, regular hot dog, 12 ounces of domestic beer and parking fees. Ticket prices are a three-year, secondary-market average set by SeatGeek, while hot dog, beer and parking prices are Team Marketing figures from 2019. Also, we added SeatGeek's get-in price (to the 10th percentile in 2019) to give the thriftier fan a dream scenario.

History (10%): A ranking based on the importance and significance of past games played at a stadium. Super Bowls, name plays and legendary games were factored in the most, but wins in football and in non-NFL events (college bowls, Final Fours, etc.) were also considered.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2020-09-18T18:10:09Z
More from the ESPN page.

Quote:

Atmosphere: 1
Features: 3
Traditions: 1
Tailgating: 3
Cost: 24
History: 1

What's good about it: A lot. Lambeau has history as the host of three NFL championship games, including the "Ice Bowl," and has been home to the Packers during runs to 15 division titles, nine conference titles and seven overall championships (including four Super Bowl titles). Originally named City Stadium, it was renamed to Lambeau in 1965. It has preserved much of its aesthetic history during multiple renovations, even preserving some of the original bricks. But when surveying our NFL Nation reporters, one aspect of the stadium seemed to stand out among the rest: the Lambeau Leap. Packers players jumping into the stands after a touchdown has become a Sunday staple in Green Bay and on NFL RedZone. Bottom line: This is the bucket list stadium in the NFL.

What you pay at Lambeau Field
Ticket: $260 (get-in price: $135)
12 oz of domestic beer: $6.36
Hot dog: $6
Parking: $40
Total: $312.36

What needs work: Lambeau ranked in the top three in five of seven categories. It got dinged for its location, more than 100 miles from Milwaukee and set within a town of just more than 100,000 people. An overall lack of hotels, restaurants, bars and points of interest in the immediate area is mostly mitigated by the stadium's extraordinary tailgate scene, and it does have the Titletown complex. Besides, the neighborhood surroundings can be part of the charm. Lambeau's cost is also on the higher end, but that's the price of success and having the best stadium in the league.

NFL Nation commentary: "If you're fortunate enough to walk through the tunnel at Lambeau Field, you will cross the same bricks that the likes of Bart Starr and Ray Nitschke crossed. The same bricks that Brett Favre, Reggie White and Aaron Rodgers crossed. Throughout its various renovations and expansions, one thing has remained intact: history. It's why the Packers kept a strip of brick -- embedded into the new concrete -- from the original walkway to the field. Above it is a plaque that reads: 'Proud generations of Green Bay Packers Players, World Champions a record 13 times, have run over this very concrete to Greatness.' It's enough to give you chills." -- Rob Demovsky

Zero2Cool
2020-09-18T19:03:25Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yeah, location is better than 27th but oh well.

I disagree. I heard all the time how cool it was that the Packers stadium was basically downtown and had neighborhoods so close. That location is pretty cool. Lots of stadiums and arenas are in very rural areas (kinda like Oneida was in the '50s lol).
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (31m) : I don’t know anything about him. Is he any good?
Zero2Cool (1h) : From Twitter... Packers are bringing in veteran WR Seth Roberts, who was released by the Panthers earlier today. A source said the plan is to sign him to the practice squad initially.
Smokey (5h) : Fred & Ethel Mertz used be "Lucey & Rickey's" neighbors on the I Love Lucey show. Is this fellow related ? LOL
Zero2Cool (7h) : @Gil_Brandt Davante Adams has two games this season of 150+ receiving yards and 2+ receiving touchdowns. The rest of the NFL's receivers has two such games in 2020 (Justin Jefferson and Tyler Lockett)
Cheesey (12h) : Mertz, the Wisconsin Badgers QB.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Terrible. @JosinaAnderson Odell Beckham Jr just text me that his ACL is torn and that his season is over.
Smokey (14h) : Who?
Zero2Cool (15h) : Graham Mertz, who had a record-setting first career start Friday, tested positive for COVID-19
yooperfan (17h) : Thanks WPR, I had never heard his name before.
Mucky Tundra (26-Oct) : What is it with Seattle and close games?
wpr (26-Oct) : Yoop Black is a PS player called up for the game.They sent him back down already. I hope Amos gives him the ball b/c that may be his only game trophy.
KRK (26-Oct) : T/F after the game, 12 was talking to Ken Stills for 5 minutes. Trade for Stills?
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Who the hell is Henry Black?
Cheesey (25-Oct) : I agree Zero. Helmet to helmet as he was sliding.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Terrible hit on Andy Dalton.
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Wow Yoop! I didn’t think you were that much older then me.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Inactives : 32 RB Tyler Ervin 33 RB Aaron Jones 69 T David Bakhtiari 10 QB Jordan Love 20 CB Kevin King 95 DL Tyler Lancaster 26 S Darnell Savage
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Official. Damn it! Aaron Jones— OUT today for GB.
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Cheesey I’m going on 73.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Ego has no amigo
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : NFL fined the #Titans $350,000 for violating COVID-19 protocols. League won’t hand out individual fines or strip draft picks. Case closed.
Mucky Tundra (25-Oct) : Holy crap what a crazy ending to a World Series game!
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : We'll see about Jones. Packers are leaning on holding him, but it's game time decision.
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Not surprised about Bak. I think the Packers knew all along he wasn’t going to play.
Cheesey (25-Oct) : 😂😂😂WPR!
KRK (24-Oct) : David Bakhtiari ruled out for Packers' Week 7 game against Texans
wpr (24-Oct) : I splaine nut'n Cheesey.
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Hey WPR! You got some ‘splainin to do! 🤪😂
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Yoop, I don’t remember, are you older then me? I’m 63
Cheesey (24-Oct) : If there is any chance of making his injury worse, I would sit Jones out this game. We will need him for later.
Zero2Cool (24-Oct) : That's better than doubtful. But no Friday practice usually means no Sunday play.
packerfanoutwest (24-Oct) : Jones is questionable, Dillon time?
yooperfan (24-Oct) : Being, probably, the oldest guy on this forum, I got it Cheesey 😂
wpr (24-Oct) : Great-grandparents Cheesey.
Cheesey (24-Oct) : I bet only the old guys here will get my joke!
Cheesey (24-Oct) : I wonder if his parents are “Fred and Ethel?”🤪😂
Cheesey (24-Oct) : Yup! It finally looks like the Badgers have a QB!
Zero2Cool (24-Oct) : Damn. Lol. Graham Mertz’s first half as the #Badgers starting QB: 14/14 for 190 yards & 4 TDs.
packerfanoutwest (24-Oct) : I have no idea why, but they are showing the game here in San Diego
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Antonio Brown to buccaneers
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : That's time I won't get back. 🙄😜⌚
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Oh. I see now.
Zero2Cool (23-Oct) : Why do you say that?
Mucky Tundra (23-Oct) : Man, Buckeye must be REAL worried about the Texans game!
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : Allen Lazard (core muscle) begins rehab wor
Zero2Cool (22-Oct) : The Ravens are sending a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional fifth-rounder in 2022 to Minnesota for Ngakoue. The condition: If Ngaukoe is a first-ballot Pro Bowler, the 2022 pick becomes a fourth-
Zero2Cool (21-Oct) : @AdamSchefter With Antonio Brown’s suspension eligible to end after week 8, the Seattle Seahawks are now positioned to make a push to sign him, though they’re not alone, league sources tell ESPN.
Zero2Cool (20-Oct) : Packers placed CB Parry Nickerson on injured reserve
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Oct / Around The NFL / wpr

25-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

25-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

23-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.