Discussion Board
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2020-05-14T21:15:18Z
Mike Florio wrote:

Get your popcorn ready. And your Scotch. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hasn't spoken publicly since the draft. According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, Rodgers will do so on Friday, at 2:00 p.m. CT. Rodgers has spoken privately to former Packers quarterback Brett Favre, and Favre's public characterization of the call has made it clear that [more]

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

The meltdown begins in three, two, ...
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-05-14T21:24:23Z
A hearsay report from a Packer hater and muckraker quoting an unreliable source.

I think I will wait to just listen to the interview and get it straight from the horses mouth.
wpr
  • wpr
2020-05-14T21:28:17Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

A hearsay report from a Packer hater and muckraker quoting an unreliable source.

I think I will wait to just listen to the interview and get it straight from the horses mouth.

The story actually comes from Rob D. I don't think he's a Packers hater. I wouldn't trust Florio as far as I can pee into the wind.

I assume Aaron will be low key and pretty uninformative which will spur all kinds of "why didn't he say this?" conspiracies and hand wringing.
yooperfan
2020-05-14T21:38:07Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

The story actually comes from Rob D. I don't think he's a Packers hater. I wouldn't trust Florio as far as I can pee into the wind.

I assume Aaron will be low key and pretty uninformative which will spur all kinds of "why didn't he say this?" conspiracies and hand wringing.

I'm afraid that the conspiracy theories and hand wringing will be with us until well past Rodgers retirement.

wpr
  • wpr
2020-05-15T03:08:54Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I'm afraid that the conspiracy theories and hand wringing will be with us until well past Rodgers retirement.

No doubt. We saw it before. We'll see it again. "There's nothing new under the sun".
Zero2Cool
2020-05-15T12:03:13Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

What story comes from Rob? That Aaron Rodgers is going to speak to reporters or someone on Friday?

Regarding Rodgers speaking to reporters -- this is going to open up the idiots (e.g. Florio) to blast him for what he said, and what he didn't say. Why is it so hard for people to find the audio of his comments just prior to the draft? You know, where he was point blank asked how he'd feel if the Packers drafted a QB early on? He responded like you'd expect anyone to. He said he would rather the Packers used the pick on someone who has a chance to contribute sooner than later. He also said he understands it's a business and if the Packers do pick a QB early, that the new QB won't be playing anytime soon. Are we going to act like he's wrong for this line of thinking? Are we going to act like we wouldn't be any different? It's almost like people think Rodgers should have filed retirement papers the moment Roger Goodell announced the Packers drafted a QB in round one.

Get fucking real. There is nothing to see here except conjecture bullshit from half ass phony wannabe reporters trying to appease their stupid editors.

Cheesey
2020-05-15T15:39:44Z
Wow!
To me, whatever he says ( or doesn’t say) won’t mean much.
If he says “the Packers picking a QB really ticks me off” the so called “reporters” will say “he’s going to demand to be traded!!!”
If he says “I’m not bothered by the Packers picking a QB”, then the reporters will say “he lied! He’s gonna tank the season so the Packers have to trade him!!!”

I doubt that we will hear Rodgers’ real feelings either way. So it really means nothing.
Zero2Cool
2020-05-16T14:11:49Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wow!
To me, whatever he says ( or doesn’t say) won’t mean much.
If he says “the Packers picking a QB really ticks me off” the so called “reporters” will say “he’s going to demand to be traded!!!”
If he says “I’m not bothered by the Packers picking a QB”, then the reporters will say “he lied! He’s gonna tank the season so the Packers have to trade him!!!”

I doubt that we will hear Rodgers’ real feelings either way. So it really means nothing.

Florio already twisted his comments around. I just don't know how much more of this blatant garbage I can take. It's as if they think we're idiots and can't listen to the full audio ourselves. It's undermining as hell.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-05-16T17:12:46Z
I had the opportunity to listen to the rebroadcast of the press conference and I thought his comments were perfectly fine. Of course he is going to say that he would’ve preferred to draft someone who could help the team more quickly.

He’s been very forthright and his desire to play and retire with the Packers and nothing he said precludes that. I think he will do an awesome job being a great role model and teacher to Love.

Let’s not forget, the advantage of drafting love in the first round means they get the option of an extra year contract wise, so if 12 played 4 more years and hung it up, that woks perfectly.

I think in the long run, he will want his legacy to be a lot better than Favre’s. That will involve his being a great mentor to Love, something #4 was not to him.
Zero2Cool
2020-05-18T12:30:31Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

I had the opportunity to listen to the rebroadcast of the press conference and I thought his comments were perfectly fine. Of course he is going to say that he would’ve preferred to draft someone who could help the team more quickly.

He’s been very forthright and his desire to play and retire with the Packers and nothing he said precludes that. I think he will do an awesome job being a great role model and teacher to Love.

Let’s not forget, the advantage of drafting love in the first round means they get the option of an extra year contract wise, so if 12 played 4 more years and hung it up, that woks perfectly.

I think in the long run, he will want his legacy to be a lot better than Favre’s. That will involve his being a great mentor to Love, something #4 was not to him.

I've yet to do that, but did read a lot lengthy quotes. It read similar to what he had said just prior the draft. That if Packers took QB in round one he wouldn't be thrilled, but understands the organization has to think about the future. Very similar to what was said Friday (based on what I read).
Cheesey
2020-05-18T12:50:34Z
I don’t think anyone would be thrilled to see your anticipated replacement hired. But he’s smart enough to know that at this point in his career, the Packers have to prepare for life without Rodgers.

My hope is, that having Love on the bench will light a fire under Rodgers, and make him even more want to “be THE guy”.