Discussion Board
wpr

Miami Gardens --- Earlier on Sunday, long before the fake spike, Aaron Rodgers said he actually saw Dan Marino at Sun Life Stadium. So maybe that was, indeed, a sign from the football gods. Twenty years ago Marino did this to the New York Jets.

nice fake by the OL too. had the DL off stride.
nerdmann

Ironic that it happened against this team.
Zero2Cool
Did you know that you can just copy/paste a YouTube URL into a post and it'll display the video?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't think it was ironic, I think it was a coincidence. 🙂

I watched that game on TV when Marino did that. I became a slight Marino fan at that moment.
nerdmann
Let's see if it works!

http://youtu.be/Zvz2OJw9wyY 
DarkaneRules
One of the more impressive packer wins I have seen in quite a while.
TheKanataThrilla
Have to admit I was scared Adams was going to get pulled down inbounds. Loved the play, but we got a little agressive and should have went out of bounds earlier to guarantee 2 plays instead of 1.
Cheesey
Seems like Aaron Rodgers and Adams were the only ones in on the fake.
That was one heck of a play by the rookie Adams.
yooperfan
IMHO that was the play of the game.
Totally unexpected.
This Adams kid is growing on me.
Smokey
I look forward to hearing more from the players about the play, should prove interesting. Outstanding !
nyrpack
Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Have to admit I was scared Adams was going to get pulled down inbounds. Loved the play, but we got a little agressive and should have went out of bounds earlier to guarantee 2 plays instead of 1.

thats exactly my thought also, if he doesnt get out of bounds or in the endzone game over, the fake spike is a good play at the 1 or 2 but that was very risky, but hey it helped the next play , so ok in my book !!
Mucky Tundra
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And they pulled it off with Marino in the house!

Another irony: The Packers would go on to sign Mark Ingram after that season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Did you know that you can just copy/paste a YouTube URL into a post and it'll display the video?

I don't think it was ironic, I think it was a coincidence. 🙂

I watched that game on TV when Marino did that. I became a slight Marino fan at that moment.

When did the youtube bb code become irrelevant?

I too remember watching that play and wondering what the hell happened.
Zero2Cool
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

And they pulled it off with Marino in the house!

Another irony: The Packers would go on to sign Mark Ingram after that season.

How is it ironic that the Packers signed Mark Ingram the season after Dan Marino fake spiked the New York Jets?

Mucky Tundra
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How is it ironic that the Packers signed Mark Ingram the season after Dan Marino fake spiked the New York Jets?

I dunno, because the Packers just did the fake spike play in Miami vs the Dolphins with Marino in attendance who did the same thing once to Mark Ingram who would go on to play with the Packers. It's the Circle of Life (or something)! [grin1]
mi_keys
Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Yes, there was a risk that if Adams gets tackled the game is over; but getting us that much closer made it significantly easier to convert a touchdown on the next play. Adams got from the 16 to the 4. If he just runs straight out of bounds without any risk of a tackle he is maybe to the 10. Maybe. Getting that much closer opened up a number of options to score on that last play including the back shoulder that we threw. With 6 seconds we also had time for two of those plays as evidenced by the 3 seconds still on the clock. I think the expected reward outweighed the risk. Thankfully, it payed off in this specific instance too.
Mucky Tundra
Originally Posted by: wpr 

nice fake by the OL too. had the DL off stride.

Part of the reason for the awesome fake is they didn't know what Rodgers was gonna do. 

Quote:

Rodgers told the Green Bay Press Gazette that no one knew he was going to do it:

"It's one of those things that you don't really tell anybody what's going on. You're just yelling 'clock' and signaling 'clock,' and then right before I snapped it, I looked out to the right and they were way off outside. So I just kind of faked it and moved. Davante wasn't looking at me initially, but after he saw me, probably moving, he looked and I threw it."

Hell, Adams himself didn't know the ball was coming to him 

Quote:

“I was looking at Davante Adams,’’ he said from the Packers’ bus, on the way to the Fort Lauderdale airport late Sunday afternoon, “but he wasn’t looking at me. In a situation like that, you want to make eye-contact so he knows something might be coming. But not this time. He didn’t know what I was going to do.”

mi_keys
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Part of the reason for the awesome fake is they didn't know what Rodgers was gonna do. 

Hell, Adams himself didn't know the ball was coming to him 

Haha, bet Adams will look at Rodgers before every play from here on out, eh?
wpr
sort of as a counter to the "AR yells at players" thread a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:

Rodgers said, "I told Davante, ‘I’m really proud of you.’ ”

What receiver wouldn’t want to play with Aaron Rodgers?

link 
nerdmann
Quote:

What receiver wouldn’t want to play with Aaron Rodgers?

Greg Jennings. Donald Driver. lol
Nonstopdrivel
It would seem Davante Adams managed to earn Rodgers' trust early on.