Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2019-12-04T20:50:24Z
This would be interesting. Flip it for a couple 1st rounders after he plays well in the preseason. I wouldn't want him long-term because I think all the injuries he's had at such a young age will catch up with him.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
Cheesey
2019-12-04T21:21:22Z
I never even heard of the guy.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-12-04T21:28:04Z
Couldn't agree more with Zero...to small and injury prone
buckeyepackfan
2019-12-05T03:22:41Z
Just guessing, there would probably be a pretty good trade offer from a team in need of a qb for Gutey to consider.
In reality, he probably won't last that long on the board.
The Packers at worst will be drafting 20-25. Hopefully it will be 29-32, preferably 32.😁

He will probably go top 15.

Anyway Aaron Rodgers' replacement is still playing High School Football.
gbguy20
2019-12-05T04:12:53Z
Before injury this dude was number 1
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-12-05T11:15:46Z
GBGuy gasped:
Quote:

• Before he hurt his knee RGIII was the MVP
  • Before my car was in an accident, it was terrific
  • Before the hurricane, the Bahamas were a great place to visit
  • Before I lost my hair and gained 30 pounds I was decent looking (...well...less ugly anyway).
dhazer
2019-12-08T23:56:15Z
before 2013 Rodgers was an elite qb lol, did anyone see the fox pre show and how they mentioned the pure pocket passer has gone the way of the big man in basketball. If I was a gm I would invest most of my cap on defense because everyone knows defense wins championships.
beast
2019-12-09T03:37:58Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A number of people thought he had already lost the #1 to the LSU QB before the injury.

Also it's hard to properly evaluate a player on a stacked team, see Matt Leinart and most of the over hyped Bama QBs that have come out in recent years. The hype is better than the talent...

Don't get me wrong, this guys had the physical potential to possible be the exception... but it still wasn't clear how he'd do on teams with equal talents.
blueleopard
2019-12-09T17:26:18Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Couldn't agree more with Zero...to small and injury prone

So he's Russell Wilson.

Get off the "too small" to play QB shit, guys. If he's good, he's good.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-12-09T19:22:48Z
Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

So he's Russell Wilson.

Doug Flutie raised his hand to object but you didn't see it. He then realized that you said "if he's good, he's good" so he put his hand down and slinked away.
Zero2Cool
2019-12-09T19:38:02Z
Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

So he's Russell Wilson.

I don't know about his size. I actually haven't watched him play at all other than highlights. What I have heard was a listing of his injuries and that alone spooked me. Especially the one about his hip and him saying "I don't think I'd be the same again because there's like metal in here, you know?" Tagovailoa said. "I lose some rotation inward, so I won't be able to twist as much inward and whatnot. I wouldn't need that as much. When you're running, you're almost always opening up your hip. From what the doctors say, they expect a full recovery and I'll be able to go out there and play football again at 100 percent, it's just I won't be able to rotate it internally the same way."

From what I just looked up, he's 6'1" and am not sure that is too small. It's not like he's 5'9" or something.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-12-09T20:58:23Z
Blue Leopard Berated:
Quote:

No, I wont get off the "too small" stuff.

You wouldn't draft an interior defensive lineman who is 250 lbs....he is too skinny.

You wouldn't draft a wide out who runs a 4.9 40 (although, I have to confess, it looks like that's what ours run)...he's too slow.

I like big quarterbacks with big hands (Wilson, btw has HUGE hands). I prefer QB's with the Daniel Jones, Josh Allen size who have demonstrated they can play. THEY CAN SEE THE FIELD BETTER, ESPECIALLY OVER THE LINEMEN THEY WILL BE DEALING WITH AT THE NEXT LEVEL.

As for Tua, he has demonstrated he can play, but he also demonstrated he gets injured and he fumbles. IMO at this point, he is not a first round pick. Further, from what I have heard, he may come back another year because people are telling him that.

This kid is good, but with all of our needs, I would not take him in the first round...HE IS TOO SMALL. I wouldn't have taken Murray either....to small and likely to get smushed.
beast
2019-12-10T01:06:02Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

From what I just looked up, he's 6'1" and am not sure that is too small. It's not like he's 5'9" or something.

No it's not, the NFL is actually trending towards more mobile QBs which means they're actually getting smaller.

But before this even happened, they had a number of 6'2" QBs, including Favre and Rodgers... 6'1" literally isn't that far off...

And you for guys like Brees, Wilson and now Kyler Murry whom are all 6' or under... and doing well (Murry is doing well for a rookie on a horrible team talent wise).

Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12-Aug) : @NFL_DovKleiman #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says the Cowboys plan to play all of their games and plan to do it in front of fans.
Zero2Cool (12-Aug) : Bengals WR John Ross has left training camp after his 3-year-old son tested positive for COVID-19
Cheesey (12-Aug) : Maybe it will light a fire under the team. 3-7 in the last 10 games won’t get it done.
Zero2Cool (12-Aug) : Giannis gets ejected from tonight's game
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : That's two of the Power 5.
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : Pac-12 has canceled fall football season, per @Brett_McMurphy of Stadium.
Cheesey (11-Aug) : NFL will probably be next.
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : The Big Ten Conference has announced the postponement of the 2020-21 fall sports season, including football.
Zero2Cool (11-Aug) : Big Ten cancels all fall sports, hopes to play football in the spring
wpr (7-Aug) : Well said Preston
Zero2Cool (7-Aug) : "My first four years in the league there wasn't a lot of fans in the stands anyway." - Preston Smith
Zero2Cool (4-Aug) : Twitter::Players who opt out and collect $150K or $350K stipend this year will owe the money back to the team in 2021 -- whether they make the 53-man roster or not
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : #Bears Safety Jordan Lucas has opted out of the 2020 season.
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : @SportsCenter Breaking: A group including Dwayne Johnson has agreed to purchase the XFL for approximately $15 million, according to a news release issued Monday morning.
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : XFL might be coming back!!! The Rock has bought XFL!
Zero2Cool (3-Aug) : From @gmfb: It was a busy weekend on the COVID-19 Reserve list, as #Lions QB Matthew Stafford and #Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew were both added.
Zero2Cool (31-Jul) : Antonio Brown suspended eight games
Cheesey (31-Jul) : Let me look...no, all I have is Ryan Longwell and Chris Jacke’s Numbers. 🤪
Smokey (31-Jul) : Anyone know Sebastian Janakowskis phone number ?
beast (30-Jul) : Packers COVID-19 reserve list (so far) LB Greg Roberts PK Mason Crosby TE Jace Sternberger DT Treyvon Hester
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @TMZ_Sports NBA Says Zero New COVID-19 Positives Tests In NBA Bubble, 344 Players Tested
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : Bears HC is right. But, that happens every year.
Zero2Cool (29-Jul) : @KRoseSharkey Nagy on rookies/younger players trying to make plays & impression without preseason and other opportunities: “With no preseason games there are players that are going to get cut that p
Cheesey (29-Jul) : They should give them the next week to make up their minds, play or sit out.
Smokey (29-Jul) : Players opting out provide better opportunity for other players, if there is an NFL season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : #Packers WR Devin Funchess has opted out, source said.
Cheesey (28-Jul) : If enough guys opt out, there goes the season.
Zero2Cool (28-Jul) : @RapSheet Sources: #Bears standout DT Eddie Goldman has informed the team he plans to opt out due to health concerns related to COVID-19. Goldman has been a standout in the middle of Chicago’s D since
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Vikings’ head trainer and the team’s Infection Control Officer Eric Sugarman, along with members of his family, tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (27-Jul) : It’s looking more and more like we won’t see any football this fall. JMO
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : LET'S FOOKING GO!!
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : The team's home opener against the Orioles tonight has been canceled.
Zero2Cool (27-Jul) : @SportsCenter Breaking: Eight more players and two Marlins coaches have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total of cases to at least 14 in recent days sources told @JeffPassan and @JesseRoger
Cheesey (26-Jul) : My own reflection? That explains why he’s so handsome!😂
TheKanataThrilla (26-Jul) : Canadian Duvernay-Tardif, who has a medical degree, opts out of NFL season in order to continue front-line work.
Smokey (26-Jul) : That's just your reflection in your neighbors window.
Cheesey (25-Jul) : I try Zero....but my neighbor is kind of a putz.
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Be kind to your neighbors. We all do that, world is gooder.
Smokey (24-Jul) : No fantasy football for me this year. I'd feel I was adding fuel to a destructive fire.
rabidgopher04 (24-Jul) : @Smokey - yes
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Let's go Bucks!!!!
Smokey (23-Jul) : Has NFL Preseason been cancelled?
Cheesey (17-Jul) : Well...I wouldn’t doubt if the restart of the NBA gets scrapped.
Zero2Cool (17-Jul) : Bucks: Guard Eric Bledsoe reportedly tested positive for COVID-19
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @FieldYates Chargers S Roderick Teamer has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular season, per source. He was one of the more productive undrafted rookie free agents in the NFL las
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : Should have been drinking nano bubbles.
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : @AdamSchefter Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19.
Cheesey (10-Jul) : Really though, I’m not slow, not fast....kinda “half-fassed!”
Cheesey (10-Jul) : I’m so slow, it looks like I’m going the other direction!😁
Zero2Cool (10-Jul) : Happy Birthday, Alan! Your mother did all the work, you're stealing her thunder! :D
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11-Aug / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

9-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

9-Aug / Around The NFL / beast

8-Aug / Random Babble / KRK

7-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6-Aug / Random Babble / wpr

6-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

6-Aug / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

4-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.