Discussion Board
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2019-12-01T23:26:08Z
ESPN wrote:

Green Bay won a game it had to have against a struggling team, but it wasn't the kind of victory that should inspire confidence in the locker room.

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

Seriously?
Are there bonus points for winning the game by halftime? I guess I missed that when I was learning about the game of football. Maybe it's one of the newer rules that have made the game less interesting.

I suppose the weather doesn't count either.
gbguy20
2019-12-01T23:30:34Z
i debated about creating this thread too.

Just keep winning. get in the playoffs and figure this shit out. we suck now but we had a good streak in october. maybe we get it back in january.
Cheesey
2019-12-01T23:45:22Z
9-3
Now, if the guys can actually play up to their potential, maybe we can shock the world!
2019-12-02T00:46:45Z
In the mean time,Go Seattle!
Cheesey
2019-12-02T00:52:08Z
Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Wouldn’t that be great if they can knock off the Queens???
Porforis
2019-12-02T02:32:02Z
Nonstopdrivel
2019-12-02T03:09:30Z
In fairness to ESPN, not even Giants fans were taking this game seriously. Early in the first quarter, I received a rather sardonic text from a classmate of mine who's a Giants fan:

You realize that this game 
doesnt really count..... 
its like a minor league 
exhibition game

Then again, he always seems to have a much higher opinion of the Packers than I do. 🤣
beast
2019-12-02T03:32:54Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

9-3
Now, if the guys can actually play up to their potential, maybe we can shock the world!

And up to 97% chance of making the playoffs... and 9-1 when not playing in California.

Though I can't help but get the feeling that they just don't have the horses to shock the world, as they're already over achieving their talents.

Unless we suddenly get some more help from the weapons on offense, other than Adams and the RBs.

And someone who can cover the middle, while also defending the run, and get the DBs to play consistently at a high level. Would take consistently winning the turnover and yardage battle.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Seattle winning hurts Packers chances at a higher seed. Of course winning the division would be nice, but the Packers and Vikings could very well be meeting up in the playoffs. I wonder who the weather might help more.
gbguy20
2019-12-02T04:43:02Z
There is only like 4 or 5 guys even contributing on offense.
Cheesey
2019-12-02T13:20:22Z
If we don’t win the division, we might not even make the playoffs. There are other teams that are playing well enough to be a wildcard team.
Winning the division means at least one home game in the playoffs.
So I personally want Seattle to beat the Vikings.
And I just heard Thelen won’t be playing tonight, hamstring.
gbguy20
2019-12-02T13:43:06Z

If we don’t win the division, we might not even make the playoffs. There are other teams that are playing well enough to be a wildcard team.
Winning the division means at least one home game in the playoffs.
So I personally want Seattle to beat the Vikings.
And I just heard Thelen won’t be playing tonight, hamstring.

Luckily we have the easiest remaining schedule of all the contenders. Our chances are good. Knock on wood.
Zero2Cool
2019-12-02T14:03:07Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Luckily we have the easiest remaining schedule of all the contenders. Our chances are good. Knock on wood.

I think teams that face a difficult final 4 games fare better in the playoffs than teams that can just stroll into the playoffs without challenge. As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
buckeyepackfan
2019-12-02T14:21:45Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think teams that face a difficult final 4 games fare better in the playoffs than teams that can just stroll into the playoffs without challenge. As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Don't look now but The Redskins are coming to Lambeau on a 3 game winning streak!.
Nothing easy about this game.

The Packers finish with 3 division games.
The Vikings will definately not be easy.

The Bears and Lions would love to knock The Packers out of the division title or even the playoffs, so I'm not worried about a so called "soft" schedule.

The Packers are going to benefit either way tonight.
Even if The Vikings lose, The Packers still have to beat them week 16 if all stays the same.

The real Wild Card here is The Los Angeles Rams.
They have games with The Seahawks and 49r's coming up.
Time to be a Rams fan while remembering to hope The Packers take care of business.

I feel bad for those who aren't able to enjoy The Packers victories becsuse they spend most of the time over analyzing The game.

There are NO EASY WINS, especially road games, in The NFL.

Yesterdays game was great!
The snow was flying.
The Giants put up a fight in the 1st half
Aaron was Aaron most of the time.
The D created 3 turnovers.

The Packers pulled away in the fourth quarter.

GREAT WIN!

ESPN writers are idiots!
Still trying to create the news instead of reporting it.
Cheesey
2019-12-02T14:56:44Z
Very true Buckeye.
If there isn’t drama, the writers will try to make something up.
It’s boring to say “The Packers took care of business, making sure the Giants didn’t get back in the game”.
Better to try to CREATE some kind of drama.
“Oh! The Packers didn’t win by 30! They only won by 18!! They stink !!!”😂
Zero2Cool
2019-12-02T15:07:01Z

Very true Buckeye.
If there isn’t drama, the writers will try to make something up.
It’s boring to say “The Packers took care of business, making sure the Giants didn’t get back in the game”.
Better to try to CREATE some kind of drama.
“Oh! The Packers didn’t win by 30! They only won by 18!! They stink !!!”😂

The writers are at the mercy of their editors. Editors follow what WE read. If WE stopped clicking and reading and talking about the drama, guess what, the drama would stop. So, we can deflect the blame on the writers, but bottom line, it is US that is the problem.
Porforis
2019-12-02T15:25:06Z
Porforis
2019-12-02T22:17:19Z
Cheesey
2019-12-03T02:45:49Z

The writers are at the mercy of their editors. Editors follow what WE read. If WE stopped clicking and reading and talking about the drama, guess what, the drama would stop. So, we can deflect the blame on the writers, but bottom line, it is US that is the problem.

You know what? The ONLY thing I knew about that article is what I read on THIS site. So I don’t see myself as a problem.
There are too many “writers” out there that make up something out of nothing.
They do it because, of what you said. You are correct.
The guys want to keep their jobs. And with computers and WWW, it’s never going to get better.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2019-12-03T03:00:16Z
Buckeye I agreed/enjoyed the majority of your post. I probably would have "liked" it until your last comment.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

ESPN writers are idiots!
Still trying to create the news instead of reporting it.

This is not the typical click bait that you get from some websites. Rob Demovsky is a well respected reporter. I think he has done a pretty good job over the years of being pretty fair in his reporting. Over the years he hasn't shied away from asking the questions that fans would ask if they had the chance like others have.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-12-03T22:57:44Z
Any time a healthy 12 is on the bench in the 4th quarter with the lead, it is a nice win.

D Smith was absolutely outstanding.