Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2019-11-27T23:01:01Z
The Packers claimed veteran tackle Jared Veldheer. Who the heck is this?
gbguy20
2019-11-27T23:04:24Z
Dude retired from the pats because his body is falling apart. Apparently he has put it back together now? Humpty dumpty style?
beast
2019-11-28T02:02:39Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The Packers claimed veteran tackle Jared Veldheer. Who the heck is this?

Long time starter out west (4 years Raiders, 4 years Cardinals, 1 year Broncos) kinda injury prone like Bulaga but less so.

Raiders shocked me, when they let him hit FA the first time... he was too good to let go (then), but they disagreed, and coming off a season ending injury that year. But he once was very very good, I don't know how he has been in recent years.

Injuries have taken a toll on him, and after signing with the Patriots, he retired a week later because he didn't think his hip could make it the whole season. But he's unretiring now...
Cheesey
2019-11-28T02:05:53Z
So....pick up a injured guy. Just what we need.
I guess it cuts out the middle man.
Hopefully he can play. We need SOMETHING to help.
go.pack.go.
2019-11-28T02:40:37Z
So what’s the word on Bulaga?
beast
2019-11-28T11:01:02Z
Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

So what’s the word on Bulaga?

Latest rumor (only a rumor, so who knows if this is correct) is that he avoided any serious damage, and is only expected to miss a single game (if that).

Though some fans want to just sit him until the Vikings game.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

So....pick up a injured guy. Just what we need.
I guess it cuts out the middle man.
Hopefully he can play. We need SOMETHING to help.

An injured guy, that when healthy, might be a decent starter...

yooperfan
2019-11-28T12:09:42Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Latest rumor (only a rumor, so who knows if this is correct) is that he avoided any serious damage, and is only expected to miss a single game (if that).

Though some fans want to just sit him until the Vikings game.

An injured guy, that when healthy, might be a decent starter...

Your last sentence sounds like a description of Bulaga.

go.pack.go.
2019-11-28T12:57:09Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

But seems like a decent pickup if he’s just going to be a fill-in guy for when Bulaga misses some time.
nyrpack
2019-11-28T13:39:45Z
If he helps so be it , any other options out there ??
beast
2019-11-28T13:56:46Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

In his younger days, I'd say the two were probably extremely close in a lot of ways. I think injuries have had a bigger long term impact on this guy, where Bulaga often seems to bounce back with no problems.

Those, I don't know what he has in recent years...
Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

If he helps so be it , any other options out there ??

Nope, no other decent options... a number of teams have had OTs problems all season and couldn't find a darn thing...

There are certain positions, such as QB, OT, edge rusher and CB, that are extremely extremely rare to find a decent one during the season other than maybe via trade. And trading deadline has now past.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-11-30T12:57:04Z
beast
2019-11-30T20:59:30Z

The Green Bay Packers officially claimed veteran offensive tackle Jared Veldheer off of waivers on Friday, confirming he passed his physical with the team.

Veldheer, a third-round pick in 2010 with over 100 career starts, was placed on the exempt/commissioners list, meaning he won’t yet take up a roster spot.

Huh? Commissioners list? That's the, you're in trouble with the commissioner list... right?

They're the only one I see reporting this, so I think it might be a mistake? Or there might be another exempt list that he's on? Or I'm not sure... but that seems odd, if true...
Zero2Cool
2019-11-30T21:10:09Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Huh? Commissioners list? That's the, you're in trouble with the commissioner list... right?

They're the only one I see reporting this, so I think it might be a mistake? Or there might be another exempt list that he's on? Or I'm not sure... but that seems odd, if true...

Saw it elsewhere too. I think Packers site. I think it's just a roster exemption for the Packers so they don't have to burn a roster spot for a player coming off the IR list.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-11-30T21:11:08Z
Pure conjecture here, but is this perhaps a “league couldn’t process your paperwork fast enough because of the holidays and/or we goofed it up, but we’re not going to penalize you by kicking someone else off your roster for the upcoming game“ list
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (27-May) : The irony is, you don’t get the irony. (Just kidding!)🤪
Nonstopdrivel (27-May) : I must have missed the joke. What is the irony?
Cheesey (25-May) : I think I’ll “irony” my laundry...🤪
Zero2Cool (25-May) : The irony lol....
Nonstopdrivel (23-May) : Agreed. I love doing research. I submitted a paper to a journal a couple of days ago. Fingers crossed that it gets accepted.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Research projects can be tons of fun!
Nonstopdrivel (20-May) : I don't have any hospital responsibilities, just the endless onboarding process. I'm working on some research projects too.
TheKanataThrilla (18-May) : Is it vacation now NSD or do you still have hospital responsibilities?
Nonstopdrivel (16-May) : I'll be moving to Myrtle Beach in June.
TheKanataThrilla (16-May) : Congrats NSD. When are you moving?
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : And thank you, everyone. Your kind words are much appreciated. It's been a long, long, long time in coming.
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : Except that I'll be getting me Lombardi Trophy in the mail in a few weeks (Delayed by the idiotic coronavirus pan(Dem)ic, of course.
Cheesey (15-May) : Congrats NSD! I’m sorry u had to watch from home. Must feel like having a ticket to the super bowl, and watching on TV instead
yooperfan (14-May) : Congratulations NSD!
KRK (14-May) : Now you are truly Dr. NSD. Bravissimo
wpr (14-May) : Congratulations NSD. It's an honor in whatever form.
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : my*
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : Watching my medical school commencement from by living room. 😂
Cheesey (14-May) : My favorite position on the Packers is the PUNter!😝
Cheesey (14-May) : Does that mean I should be PUNished?🤪
Nonstopdrivel (12-May) : I'd say most of your puns recently have been more of a stretch than string cheese, but Nostridamus was a masterpiece. I wouldn't nominate it for a Pullitzer anyway.
Cheesey (12-May) : LOL Wayne! I appreciate your comment. You and Non made me feel my “cheesiness” is still worth something here.
wpr (12-May) : I will apologize Cheesey. I saw it and considered it to be the typical cheese spread. I failed to recognize the masterpiece of pun it truly is. mea culpa
Cheesey (12-May) : Nonstop, I honestly wondered if anyone would get it! And you probably were the only one! Good job!🤪
Nonstopdrivel (11-May) : "Nostridamus" -- that might be your best pun yet, not least because it took me almost an entire day to get it.
Cheesey (11-May) : Wayne...is she gonna keep YOU?😂
Cheesey (11-May) : Nostridamis told me that Booger was being released....from the end of my finger!😁
wpr (10-May) : last December. I think I'll keep her.
wpr (10-May) : Today's Mother's Day. My wife can watch whatever she wants. What was on our tv? Pride and Prejudice? Sense and Sensibility? Something on Hallmark Chanel? Nope. Star Trek, Dr Who and now Packers-Bears
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Both guys on MNF are replaced.
KRK (10-May) : Seriously, IMO he was excellent in the role he was in the previous year
KRK (10-May) : To be fair to the guy it snot all his fault.
Cheesey (10-May) : No “Booger?” I heard he was hand picked!😂
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Booger McFarland won't be back in the MNF booth this year. And there is much rejoicing.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Happy Mothers Day to our resident Kevins: Zero2Cool and KRK.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Nah, my record is squeaky clean. It's just a reminder of better times and bad mistakes.
KRK (10-May) : NSD, when you have a history of crime, it can't be easy :-)
beast (9-May) : A link to it on twitter
Nonstopdrivel (9-May) : Filling out background check applications is so fucking depressing.
KRK (9-May) : Beast, where did you see that...re Watson/Bears.
beast (9-May) : And PFT pulls back information from before his draft (including his own words), to suggest Watson might currently be mistaken.
beast (9-May) : Deshaun Watson tweets "The bears NEVER ONCE talked to me.." when aruging against the Bears evaluating him... on a discussion about teams choicing QB based on race.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Yup. Make it like week 11 or something. Have some Hall of Fame induction thing or something.
Nonstopdrivel (8-May) : I would rather the entire league took off the same week.
Cheesey (8-May) : I don’t like it either, Zero. But there’s not much we can do about it.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : It'd be more important if the BYE was later. I don't like how the NFL does their BYE weeks.
Smokey (8-May) : Week 5 Bye as important as a game !
Zero2Cool (7-May) : And now it's being said Vikings week 1 vs Packers.
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts wk1 @Saints wk3 @49r's wk5 Yikes! 😁
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts-wk1 @Saints wam
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
4h / Random Babble / Cheesey

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

30-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

30-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30-May / Random Babble / KRK

30-May / Around The NFL / beast

30-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

29-May / Random Babble / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

28-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

27-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

27-May / Random Babble / TheKanataThrilla

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.