Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 2:41:03 PM(UTC)
GIVE ME KA'DAR HOLLMAN
gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:01:02 PM(UTC)
People are finally seeing how overrated this guy is. He never earned the reputation he was given by GB fans.
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:02:41 PM(UTC)
Looks like the KING has been CROWNED!
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:04:29 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
People are finally seeing how overrated this guy is. He never earned the reputation he was given by GB fans.

Packers fans? Try national people. That is what boggled my mind. Packers fans I get being optimistic and whatever, but some of the national people really threw me off.
KRK  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:16:02 PM(UTC)
yes, I especially recall the "great in the 4th quarter" but sucked in the first 3 non-sense.

I am afraid we are losing the "holding players accountable" card. If a guy like that doesn't see some bench, it a great unmotivating factor for other players
beast  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:37:57 PM(UTC)
King really has amazed me with his inconsistency at times this season, one play he might look absolutely amazing (you could make a great highlight type of him, using only the highs), but then he'll normally shortly fall it up with a, WHAT THE HELL was that?

He's got great potential, unfortunately with his inconsistency, that's great potential for both teams right now.
Nonstopdrivel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:16:51 PM(UTC)
As a clinical psychologist once said to me: "The hallmark sign of ADHD is inconsistency." Extremely high highs, but maddeningly low lows.
Porforis  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:33:52 PM(UTC)
I mean, remove all the blown coverages and he's not THAT bad...
hardrocker950  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:39:22 AM(UTC)
Very much a Jekyll and Hyde situation, unfortunately mostly Hyde lately. Once in a while he makes a huge play, but lately he has been a speed bump in coverage at best. He is often 5+ yards off of his assignment - why? After watching Kittle burn him like a gas soaked match I thought he would be riding the pine - NOPE!

I say they give other guys some opportunities, maybe Tony Brown?
KRK  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:58:56 AM(UTC)
Porforis posted:
Quote:
I mean, remove all the blown coverages and he's not THAT bad...
other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like play
Hrocker hsrkened:
Quote:
I say they give other guys some opportunities, maybe Tony Brown?
I couldn’t agree more. But He has been in the doghouse ever since a sideline shouting match among defensive backs during, I think it was, the Oakland game.

He can’t be any worse.
beast  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:44:12 AM(UTC)
I find it interesting, that when fans start talking about benching a starting CB, they go straight for the 3rd/4th string asking why don't we try Brown, Jackson, Hollman, etc skipping right over the 2nd string of Tramon Williams and Chandon Sullivan.
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:26:02 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
I find it interesting, that when fans start talking about benching a starting CB, they go straight for the 3rd/4th string asking why don't we try Brown, Jackson, Hollman, etc skipping right over the 2nd string of Tramon Williams and Chandon Sullivan.

What is the CB depth order? I thought Kevin King was CB2 and Tramon was slot/nickel CB. Which left me to think Hollman or Brown is CB3. I really don't know though. I'm just thinking if the guy isn't getting it down, put someone else in.

Coaches see these guys in practice and I can only be left to believe the other guys are worse.
KRK  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
Z2C zaid:
Quote:
Coaches see these guys in practice and I can only be left to believe the other guys are worse.
  1. Sometimes, there are great practice players and drill players who don't get it done in games.
  2. Conversely, there are 'gamers', and from what I had recall seeing when he played, Brown was a gamer.
  3. IIRC most of King's 'good' plays are in the red zone when he cant be beaten deep and his height become bigger asset.
  4. Guys get in the doghouse, and I bet Brown resides there, for items other than play
Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:04:16 AM(UTC)
Well, they need to try SOMETHING else. Obviously the guys on the field aren’t getting the job done.
If a guy is in the doghouse, take him out of it and give him a shot.
That’s the only way you will know if what you have is any good.
beast  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
  • Guys get in the doghouse, and I bet Brown resides there, for items other than play[/list]

• And Brown has amazingly great speed and is very willing to hit, which excites the heck out I fans, but the guy also struggles a hell of a lot in coverage, which is while despite being a physical extremely athletic cornerback, he didn't get drafted...

Brown is extremely athletic, but like Jarrett Bush, he never comes close to putting it all together... so if he is in the dog house, then it's not just that holding him back.

I still can help but wonder if Brown might make a good deep FS, he's not disciplined, but he's at his best in zone coming forward, which a deep Safety role would give him. If he could mentally handle it, of course we got Savage there too, and need CBs more than Safeties.
    Zero2Cool  
    #16 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 4:07:43 PM(UTC)
    beast said: Go to Quoted Post
    And Brown has amazingly great speed and is very willing to hit, which excites the heck out I fans, but the guy also struggles a hell of a lot in coverage, which is while despite being a physical extremely athletic cornerback, he didn't get drafted...

Brown is extremely athletic, but like Jarrett Bush, he never comes close to putting it all together... so if he is in the dog house, then it's not just that holding him back.

I still can help but wonder if Brown might make a good deep FS, he's not disciplined, but he's at his best in zone coming forward, which a deep Safety role would give him. If he could mentally handle it, of course we got Savage there too, and need CBs more than Safeties.

Tony Brown is not in the dog house based on anything I've read. He's made the most of his opportunities, but also made some big mental mistakes (stupid penalties). What I've read and remember about Brown is he has all the physical tools and lacks the mental game and has an attitude. The latter of which is why he didn't get drafted. If a coaching staff could figure out how to give him a role that doesn't require thinking I bet he'd excel. How the hell do you do that though? lol
    KRK  
    #17 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:59:48 PM(UTC)
    Z2C queried:
    Quote:
    If a coaching staff could figure out how to give him a role that doesn't require thinking I bet he'd excel.
    Perhaps a role like a Deion Sanders’ i e “get in that guys jock and take him away”.

Perhaps you try that on the other teams #2 receiver, you might find you have a player.
    gbguy20  
    #18 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:05:47 PM(UTC)
    i don't like the idea of getting into another guy's jock. what in the world
    Cheesey  
    #19 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 9:41:31 AM(UTC)
    gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
    i don't like the idea of getting into another guy's jock. what in the world

Well....you ARE an “athletic supporter”, aren’t you???LOL
    gbguy20  
    #20 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:55:45 AM(UTC)
    Then again I am not surprised Deion is openly discussing how he likes to get into their jocks
    Rss Feed