Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
BLOCKING: Adv. Rodgers

Rodgers: On Lacy 8 yard run [last play of 3rd Q] a hole open in right A gap only problem Aaron Donald is standing right in the middle of it. Then BAM Rodgers smacks him out of the hole pinning him up against the scrum of Linsley/Walker/Laurenitis/Brockers. Again Rodgers MOVED Donald OUT OF THE HOLE!!!!!

Graham: Couldn’t block my grandma.

RECEIVING: Adv Graham-but not by alot

Rodgers: 25 Targets 19 catches 155 yards 8.2 avg 2 Td’s; 1 run 11 yards; 1 DPI, 1 2 point conv.

Graham: 28, 21, 204, 9.7, 2, 0, 0, 0

And Graham had 23 more snaps through 4 games

Graham leads his team in targets and we know Rodgers is the 3rd or 4th option behind Adams, Cobb and maybe Jones.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Adv. Rodgers
Jimmy Graham don’t play STs and Rodgers plays the all important edge blocker on FG unit and important “wedge” role on KORs.

PENALTIES: By end of year Adv. Rodgers
Last year Rodgers; one for 5 yards; and he’s had 2 [playing TE] this year 1 10 yard holding; 1 Illegal block for 15 yards.

Graham no penalties this year but 11 penalties for 85 yards in the 3 year period between 2012-14

FUMBLES: Adv. Rodgers
Both have zero fumbles this year. But 5 career Fumbles for Graham; zero Rodgers

DROPS: Adv. Rodgers
Both have no drops this year [Rodgers was not given a drop for the play yesterday]. Career wise Rodgers has 1 drop in 55 targets [a 1.8% drop rate]; Graham 35 drops in 623 [a horrible 5.6% career drop rate].

TOOLNESS: Huge Adv. Graham
He chooses not to learn to block for his team

In 2013, in a game v. Falcons Graham dunked over the goal post and knocked the goal post out of kilter causing almost a 30 minute delay in the game. So the league passed a rule, for obvious and good reason that they’ll be no more dunking. Only a sociopath would be offended by such a rule. Graham last year before a PS game was warned he’d be penalized if he dunked; in protest he dunked TWICE causing a 15 yard penalty each time.

In 2015, Graham was going to cost the Saints an $8M cap hit. They traded him and suffered a cap hit of $9M. It cost NO 1M of their cap to get rid of him. Usually teams get rid of guys to save cap money; NO was desperate to get rid of him.
beast
8 years ago

I still think of Graham as one of the best (potential) possession wide receivers in the NFL. I agree with the idea that Graham is more of a WR than a TE.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

I still think of Graham as one of the best (potential) possession wide receivers in the NFL. I agree with the idea that Graham is more of a WR than a TE.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Graham would undoubtedly be a MUCH better receiver in the Packers offense than Richard Rodgers. But ultimately, I'm glad the Packers didn't trade for him.
yooperfan
8 years ago
I believe that Seattle throwing the big bucks at Graham who is not a complete player because he simply refuses to be a blocker has created a "chemistry" mess in Seattle.
Thankfully Ted didn't go down that road.
Graham is a helluva receiver but I'll take Richard Rodgers at tightend any day.
No "chemistry" problems in Green Bay.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Jimmy Graham is a Ferrari, sure, it would be nice to have one, but the Packers are better off with a truck that does the heavy lifting. The Truck (Richard Rodgers) is going to cost less overall and have lower insurance payments and give more production where needed.

Graham is a Wide Receiver and sooner Seattle uses him as such, sooner they will get more bang for their buck. Right now, they have a Ferrari sitting in the garage while they try racing with a Ford Fairmont.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago
PFT Jimmy Graham 

PFT tried to blame the Seahawks for trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, which I understand to a point...many of us predicted the issues this creates for a running - based team to essentially give up 2 blockers (Unger and whoever graham was replacing on the field).

To keep this Packers related, yes, I prefer RRODG who has less talent, but chooses to be a more complete player.
nerdmann
8 years ago
RR needs to get more yards per reception. He needs to get down the seam once in awhile.

However the Packers seem to have gone almost exclusive with the short passing game of late. So much so that the Rams were jumping those short routes. I'm all for high percentage passing, but when they jump the short routes, that's when you pump fake and throw it over their heads.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
8 years ago
I see alot of people including the media say how much talent Graham has, but does he really? I don't even think he can sniff Gronks jockstrap. Does Graham have more talent than Rodgers? Well as many have stated he doesn't block and he gives up on plays if its not for him. He is a big wr but if he was to lineup at Wr all the time he wouldnt do much. He lineups against safetys and LBs where he has the mismatch advantage.

Graham is like a 8 for receiving and a 1 or 2 for blocking and I see Rodgers as a 6 or 7 for blocking and a 5 or 6 for receiving, so lets look at the totals Graham has a total of 9 or 10 and Rodgers has a 11 or 13. To me that would say Rodgers has more talent.

People along with the media fall into the fantasy stats as talent. They regualar guys that just bring their lunchbox to work don't get the hype. Hell people cut down Quarless but who was our TE for the year we won the Super Bowl and who always was there to fill in for Finely when he got hurt. Quarless just did his job which for TE in this offense isn't alot in the passing game.

Ok that was just my thoughts now start your attacks now 😁
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

I believe that Seattle throwing the big bucks at Graham who is not a complete player because he simply refuses to be a blocker has created a "chemistry" mess in Seattle.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I don't think Graham refuses to block, I remember Graham giving CB Woodson one hell of a day blocking him all over the place... Woodson would beat the first block attempt but Grahams arms were SOOOO F'N long that he would be able to reset them and get a second block attempted in on Woodson before Woodson was able to get past him and that CLEARLY was pissing Woodson off... as he just wasn't used to it. Graham can block DBs (like WRs are asked to do), but he can't block guys with more power (like TEs are asked to do more often).

And I don't think the reason is because he refused too, but he aggressive blocks DBs... I think it's more physical reasons like he's arms are super long and lanky with no muscle and can be overpowered fairly easily even when giving proper blocking techniques... length without power can be a HUGE problem even more so when you get into leverage... which is why every year the NFL has some 6'7" or taller OTs struggle to make it, they might have the length but they don't have the leverage and might not have the power, or if they do have the power in an anchored stance can't be mobile while in the anchored stance and can run around them.

Because of Graham's height he simple loses the leverage battle if the defender gets into his pads enough, and he doesn't have the power to keep more powerful defenders out of his pads.

Graham is also struggling because the Saints worked off a spot offense, and told players to get to this or that spot... where the Seahawks (like the Packers) work off an adjustment or read offense where you have a basic plan set up but players are asked to adjust based on how they're reading the defense. Graham who mostly played basketball in college with one year of football is still adjusting to have to read and react vs. just get to a spot every time.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago
I think Graham would substantially improve the Packers passing game. But that still doesn't make him worth trading a 1st round pick, and solid offensive linemen, and a huge salary.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.