Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:59:24 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Then let's go sign Byrd or Ward at safety, move Hayward to Corner and Hyde to the slot. Then use 1st or 2nd round pick on a corner.

I hate Drew $osenhous with a passion. Shields is important to the Packers, but he isn't even close to being a top ten corner yet.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:00:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,387
Applause Received: 602

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Green Bay Packers impending free-agent CB Sam Shields will not agree to a deal before the start of free agency and will test the free-agent market. Shields could still re-sign with the Packers at some point.




With Packers having difficulty locking up CB Sam Shields prior to market opening, I'd expect the Browns to be among his chief suitors -
Jason La CanforaVerified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora


mike davis ‏@Mic_Dvs 2h

@JasonLaCanfora sam shields and haden would be a nice combo


With Green Bay he's got a shot at a ring.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer. Probably more than Ted will offer, but I still think Sam will be back, one way or another.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 12:11:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

With Williams and the triple H guys, we probably have enough at corner to win. What I like about Shields though is his closing speed and long arms. Those are things a player has and can't be taught. That and he has had some huge picks for us in big games.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 3/1/2014(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#49 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:08:13 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
With Green Bay he's got a shot at a ring.

It'll be interesting to see what teams offer. Probably more than Ted will offer, but I still think Sam will be back, one way or another.


He isn't looking for a ring he has one already:( I see him going for the cash seeing he was so cheap to start his career
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline nerdmann  
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:47:55 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,387
Applause Received: 602

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
He isn't looking for a ring he has one already:( I see him going for the cash seeing he was so cheap to start his career


Yeah, he went undrafted, so now it's time to get paid. I think Ted knows that.

90% he'll be back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#51 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:53:41 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, he went undrafted, so now it's time to get paid. I think Ted knows that.

90% he'll be back.


I'm banking on him being back also. I don't blame him for letting the market dictate his asking price. If he's a decent guy and he likes it here he will take any offer he gets back to the Packers and let them match it. They will probably even beat it.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 3/2/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:04:44 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,387
Applause Received: 602

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'm banking on him being back also. I don't blame him for letting the market dictate his asking price. If he's a decent guy and he likes it here he will take any offer he gets back to the Packers and let them match it. They will probably even beat it.



It's another opportunity for Ted to show he takes care of his guys.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline beast  
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:59:38 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 276



I'm guessing Ted Thompson signs a CB in FA with talent enough to get onto the field. Not sure if it's going to be Shields or not.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:42:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing Ted Thompson signs a CB in FA with talent enough to get onto the field. Not sure if it's going to be Shields or not.


If Shields doesn't get the tag tomorrow, I'd say he's gone. And I'd rather grab a top safety and let Hayward and House battle it out for the starting corner position.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:45:02 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 276

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
If Shields doesn't get the tag tomorrow, I'd say he's gone. And I'd rather grab a top safety and let Hayward and House battle it out for the starting corner position.


Just wondering... if that happened, where would put Hyde?

So Shields is gone, and you grabbed a top Safety.

CB: Williams, Hayward, House, Bush

S: Top Safety, Burnett, Richardson, Jennings, Banjo


I think I'd keep Hyde at CB and I kind of like that idea. Smile

Don't really like Shields go... wouldn't hurt if they also signed a CB as well. Though it seems like a number of the second tier CB guys in this FA was under 5'10...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#56 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:07:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering... if that happened, where would put Hyde?

So Shields is gone, and you grabbed a top Safety.

CB: Williams, Hayward, House, Bush

S: Top Safety, Burnett, Richardson, Jennings, Banjo


I think I'd keep Hyde at CB and I kind of like that idea. Smile

Don't really like Shields go... wouldn't hurt if they also signed a CB as well. Though it seems like a number of the second tier CB guys in this FA was under 5'10...


I think Hayward would start and Hyde and House would play nickel and dime. Bush only plays special teams, if he's on the field we're in trouble. I'd keep Richardson and Banjo and cut Jennings.

But if we end up signing Sam, I'd move Hyde to safety now, and then draft another corner. Let Williams play out his final year. All this will get panned out in the next 10 days or so, but I hope we don't go into the draft without a starter next to Burnett. Bad mistake by Ted Thompson last year by not finding a better player than Jennings.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

1-Sep / Random Babble / nyrpack

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

1-Sep / Around The NFL / nyrpack

1-Sep / Around The NFL / nyrpack


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.