Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:02:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

I didn't pay attention, but someone said M.D. Jennings started? Why? Why not start Sean Richardson? The guy has a nose for the ballcarrier which is proven by his two tackle for losses today.

I like him from what I've seen and I want to see more of him. The view I seen of the TD, it didn't look like it was because of poor coverage by him.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 12/22/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:20:27 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

MD Jennings has played awful. Just, awful. I can't imagine how he remains on this roster.
Offline beast  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:24:18 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I haven't seen it as much recently but in the past I've seen Jennings have very good to great position in coverage, though there have been a number of times he's been in great position and still wasn't able to make a play on the ball.

And I think Richardson has some weakness, but against the Steelers who get behind having a big back run the ball... I don't understand why they didn't have Richardson in there to start with. Richardson should always be in there if the other team has a strong power back in the game. Or at least that's my opinion.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:29:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

What I can't understand is why we keep going into these seasons with an obvious hole in the lineup and not have a veteran free agent in there as at worst, a backup.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:42:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,299
Applause Received: 574

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
What I can't understand is why we keep going into these seasons with an obvious hole in the lineup and not have a veteran free agent in there as at worst, a backup.

Ted's done that in the past, with Mark Roman and Marquand Manuel. Anthony Smith. Guys like that.

Big story in this season was the lack of development of guys like BJ Coleman and Jerron McMillian.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:59:42 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 804

The D looked a bit better with Richardson and Lattimore in there. Though I bet next week we will see MD Jennings out there starting again until he screws up enough to get benched for the 4th or 5th straight game in the 1st quarter.
nerdmann on 12/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Laser Gunns  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:04:04 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
MD Jennings has played awful. Just, awful. I can't imagine how he remains on this roster.

*cough*
Jarrett Bush

*cough*
Jarius Wynn

*cough*
Erik Walden

*cough*
Tony Moll

*cough*
Alan Barbre

*cough*
Graham Harrell

The staff doesn't know a lost cause when they see it.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:07:18 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

He's a good run defender, but that TD he gave up was pretty bad. Seems like he just froze a bit. If he cleans up his coverage I think he could be legit.
Offline Laser Gunns  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:11:05 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 218

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
He's a good run defender, but that TD he gave up was pretty bad. Seems like he just froze a bit. If he cleans up his coverage I think he could be legit.

Pretty good run defender is better than anything MD does.

MD can't defend run or pass

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:15:40 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

WHAT do you guys see in Sean Richardson? Granted, Jennings has mostly played like shit, but it seems like Richardson misses tackles more than he should too, and on his best day, he's a liability in coverage.

The Packers do need a new safety going into next season - either a high draft pick or a mid-level free agent or maybe Hyde switched there. I would even consider moving Tramon Williams to safety - his still decent coverage ability outweighing any size deficiency.

As bad as Jennings has been, Brad Jones has been just as bad and B.J. Raji a LOT worse. Why no clamoring for Lattimore to replace Jones and Daniels or Boyd or some cheerleader to replace Raji?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they really need to sit Richardson for the rest of the season so he doesn't get "nerve damage" to his neck - ironically, a REAL concern, unlike with Rodgers.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline beast  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:22:42 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns Go to Quoted Post
*cough*
Jarrett Bush

*cough*
Jarius Wynn

*cough*
Erik Walden

*cough*
Tony Moll

*cough*
Alan Barbre

*cough*
Graham Harrell

And if you asked the fans at the time, you could of added

RT Breno Giacomini and FB Vonta Leach to this list as well, and they've gone to other teams and become play makers.

Also the Jags thought WR Boykins was a lost cause and he's turned out pretty nicely for us.

And Bush is a ST gunner ace and has made a couple plays when asked to step up for the defense.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
buckeyepackfan on 12/23/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:28:21 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
WHAT do you guys see in Sean Richardson? Granted, Jennings has mostly played like shit, but it seems like Richardson misses tackles more than he should too, and on his best day, he's a liability in coverage.

The Packers do need a new safety going into next season - either a high draft pick or a mid-level free agent or maybe Hyde switched there. I would even consider moving Tramon Williams to safety - his still decent coverage ability outweighing any size deficiency.

As bad as Jennings has been, Brad Jones has been just as bad and B.J. Raji a LOT worse. Why no clamoring for Lattimore to replace Jones and Daniels or Boyd or some cheerleader to replace Raji?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they really need to sit Richardson for the rest of the season so he doesn't get "nerve damage" to his neck - ironically, a REAL concern, unlike with Rodgers.

Who say's we're not clamoring for those other things as well? I've seen people in chat ask why is Jones playing a number of times, even more so than Jennings.

As for Raji, if others can play two gap alright when the scheme calls for it (such as Wilson) then Raji probably should be getting some bench time. But Wilson isn't rounded enough... and i'm not sure the others can play two gapp well enough. IMO, that's one of the most needed upgrades, need DL that can play two gap a lot better than Raji / better pass rush than Pickett and younger than Jolly.

And how do we know Rodgers injury is healed? They sat Richardson a LONG LONG time before letting him come back, making sure he was 100%. Just doing the same with Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:36:21 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
Who say's we're not clamoring for those other things as well? I've seen people in chat ask why is Jones playing a number of times, even more so than Jennings.

As for Raji, if others can play two gap alright when the scheme calls for it (such as Wilson) then Raji probably should be getting some bench time. But Wilson isn't rounded enough... and i'm not sure the others can play two gapp well enough. IMO, that's one of the most needed upgrades, need DL that can play two gap a lot better than Raji / better pass rush than Pickett and younger than Jolly.

And how do we know Rodgers injury is healed? They sat Richardson a LONG LONG time before letting him come back, making sure he was 100%. Just doing the same with Rodgers.

I guess I should have used that little sarcasm alert thing regarding the "nerve damage".

Raji is actually a zero gap guy - nothing but a fat cream puff. He's just plain pathetic - he can't even do a decent job of taking up space. You don't need a big slug at NT in a 3-4. Jay Ratliff the past few years for the Cowboys comes to mind, probably among others, who would be prototypes for Daniels as a MOBILE NT.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline sschind  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:39:56 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns Go to Quoted Post
*cough*
Jarrett Bush

*cough*
Jarius Wynn

*cough*
Erik Walden

*cough*
Tony Moll

*cough*
Alan Barbre

*cough*
Graham Harrell

You had better get the cough checked out. The last time I looked only one of those guys was still on the roster.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline beast  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:23:03 PM(UTC)
beast

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
You don't need a big slug at NT in a 3-4. Jay Ratliff the past few years for the Cowboys comes to mind, probably among others, who would be prototypes for Daniels as a MOBILE NT.

I think I define NT differently that most... I define a NT a guy that mainly plays two gap, which is what Ryan Pickett has done for the Packers in the 3-4 defense nad 4-3. And Pat Williams used to do for the Vikings and their 4-3 and etc. Under my term of it, Ratliff wouldn't be a NT, as he was mainly a pass rusher. (sorry for the rant, but I don't like Ratliff being called a NT, and wanted to say it). But yes NT is commonly known as middle of a 3-4 D as well.

Anyways, as far as using Daniels just like Ratliff, I've talked about that before and I was very fond of the idea and a bit disspointed they haven't tried it with the NTs (two gappers) at the 3-4 DE spots.

But with Packers three NTs all being FAs, and the only young one kind of sucking, I think it might be time for the Packers to get a bit away from the two gapper and more back to an agressive defense style, like the one the Packers won the Super Bowl with.

Packers HOPEFULLY will have healthy and improved Daniels, Worthy, Datone Jones, Boyd, and two or three others... based on them the Packers would have to play a more agressive defense. I'm watching the Eagles defense and liking it.

Also as I'm watching the Eagles MLB Mychal Kendricks (5'11", 240 lb with 4.44 speed) I keep seeing Sean Richardsonran (6'2", 216 lb with 4.43 time speed)

I'm wondering in an agressive defense that ask a coverage MLB to cover guys man to man a lot, if Richardson could play that spot covering TEs and RBs and be physical enough for it. I'm not saying he is, just wondering "what if" so to speek.

UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Rss Feed