Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:57:05 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 402
Applause Received: 233

"I AND MY BROTHER AGAINST MY COUSIN, I AND MY COUSIN AGAINST THE WORLD"

I always liked that line - sports, politics, life in general. I could never see rooting against our own arch-rivals when they go up against whoever from wherever else in the country/world.

Specifically now, I'm referring to the Big Ten - basketball in this case. My Badgers are off to a great start. I lost my voice yelling at the TV about the God damned officials trying to steal the game from them - that mugging over the back of Gasser with a minute to go the worst of it. However, I was just about as happy to see Michigan State which I hate, and Izzo who I worse than hate beat #1 overrated Kentucky.

GO BADGERS! Go Big Ten!

Down with the OVERRATED S.E.C and A.C.C in football and basketball.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:10:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 1,027

Jackson and our press break more than the officials lead to the Gators coming back.. my kids JV team run a more effective press package.. leave Jackson get hung out in the trap without help was the start. Jackson taking his damn time and basically walking into the traps was another.

Yes.. even though I hope we can knock them off, it was good for the Big Ten to feast a bit on the SEC in Basketball.. now if we can catch them in the pigskin. Badgers have a shot at putting the landscape on notice next season vs LSU in Houston could be a start.

Bama and LSU in 2016 at Lambeau as well.. lets dance.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online sschind  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 3:09:00 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
"I AND MY BROTHER AGAINST MY COUSIN, I AND MY COUSIN AGAINST THE WORLD"

I always liked that line - sports, politics, life in general. I could never see rooting against our own arch-rivals when they go up against whoever from wherever else in the country/world.

Specifically now, I'm referring to the Big Ten - basketball in this case. My Badgers are off to a great start. I lost my voice yelling at the TV about the God damned officials trying to steal the game from them - that mugging over the back of Gasser with a minute to go the worst of it. However, I was just about as happy to see Michigan State which I hate, and Izzo who I worse than hate beat #1 overrated Kentucky.

GO BADGERS! Go Big Ten!

Down with the OVERRATED S.E.C and A.C.C in football and basketball.

Someone else once said "they enemy of your enemy is your friend" If a team is my arch rival I will root against them at all times (unless a victory by them helps my team of course)

Then again Howard Taylor (whoever the heck he is ) said "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less." so you got that to think about as well.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline mi_keys  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 4:19:13 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Someone else once said "they enemy of your enemy is your friend" If a team is my arch rival I will root against them at all times (unless a victory by them helps my team of course)

When it comes to college sports, and football in particular, it helps for your conference to do well. So I general, albeit begrudgingly cheer for rival Big Ten teams when they play out of conference. Except Ohio State. f*ck them. There I'll cut off my noise to spite my face.

When it comes to the NFL, I hope the Bears go 14-2 with their only two losses to the Pack, be on the cusp of ending their 27 year drought (long may it continue), build up their wildest dreams and hopes; only for the Packers to deliver the fatal, devestating blow to their playoff lives. The fall hurts much more from the top, and I'm willing to deal with their bullishness during the season (and I live in chicago) only to see them so completely and utterly crushed at the end of the year.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 11/15/2013(UTC)
Online sschind  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:46:23 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
When it comes to college sports, and football in particular, it helps for your conference to do well. So I general, albeit begrudgingly cheer for rival Big Ten teams when they play out of conference. Except Ohio State. f*ck them. There I'll cut off my noise to spite my face.

When it comes to the NFL, I hope the Bears go 14-2 with their only two losses to the Pack, be on the cusp of ending their 27 year drought (long may it continue), build up their wildest dreams and hopes; only for the Packers to deliver the fatal, devestating blow to their playoff lives. The fall hurts much more from the top, and I'm willing to deal with their bullishness during the season (and I live in chicago) only to see them so completely and utterly crushed at the end of the year.

I can see the benefit in the college game but since I don't really care about it I don't really think about it in that way. If I don't like team I done' like them and I want them to lose.

I do think you may need to be careful with your feelings towards the Bears however. If those thoughts ever made it into an official psychological evaluation you may be in for a rather startling diagnosis. Its borderline sadistic to say the least...and I like it.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Rss Feed