Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:32:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,835
Applause Received: 1,991

Rodgers is not someone who can bring this team from behind. Additionally, his two interceptions were stupid throws in the tone that he had someone wide open in the flat. Piss poor decision making.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 9/22/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:34:09 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Rodgers is not someone who can bring this team from behind. Additionally, his two interceptions were stupid throws in the tone that he had someone wide open in the flat. Piss poor decision making.

There were many fluke plays that cost us this game. Plenty to "clean up."

Aaron does need to do something about this whole "4th quarter curse" thing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:35:59 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,765
Applause Received: 417

I'm much more concerned about all the previous failures than I am the last drive. The Packers had no choice but to try quick pass after quick pass during that last drive because they have no confidence in their pass protection. It then becomes pretty easy for those giant defensive linemen to knock down passes.

But still, I never thought the Packers would score on that last drive. Not for a second. The moral of the story for the Packers is: They can't allow themselves to be in that position at the end of games. They had PLENTY of opportunities to make sure it didn't happen throughout the course of the game, but they didn't do it.

Well deserved loss.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:42:46 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I'm much more concerned about all the previous failures than I am the last drive. The Packers had no choice but to try quick pass after quick pass during that last drive because they have no confidence in their pass protection. It then becomes pretty easy for those giant defensive linemen to knock down passes.

But still, I never thought the Packers would score on that last drive. Not for a second. The moral of the story for the Packers is: They can't allow themselves to be in that position at the end of games. They had PLENTY of opportunities to make sure it didn't happen throughout the course of the game, but they didn't do it.

Well deserved loss.

The Packers show that they are the better team every week. They just don't win every week.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DoddPower  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:47:22 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,765
Applause Received: 417

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The Packers show that they are the better team every week. They just don't win every week.

Then Bengals were the better team today because they won. However, the Packers COULD have won this game if they weren't so sloppy so often. To their credit, losing three, almost four starters, does make things more difficult, especially on the road. This is the kind of game I think the Packers win more than they lose (6-7 times out of 10, for example). It just didn't happen this week, and rightfully so. I expect them to come back more polished after the bye, and rack up a few big division wins. Some of their issues are growing pains of a young team (as always with this team, huh?). I expect several players to improve as team moves forward, but the coaching is still a weak point, imo.
yooperfan on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:49:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Then Bengals were the better team today because they won. However, the Packers COULD have won this game if they weren't so sloppy so often. To their credit, losing three, almost four starters, does make things more difficult, especially on the road. This is the kind of game I think the Packers win more than they lose (6-7 times out of 10, for example). It just didn't happen this week, and rightfully so. I expect them to come back more polished after the bye, and rack up a few big division wins. Some of their issues are growing pains of a young team (as always with this team, huh?). I expect several players to improve as team moves forward, but the coaching is still a weak point, imo.

This team has the talent to beat anyone. PROBLEM: They never show up for a full 60 and they don't burn enough clock.
Offline Rios39  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:12:20 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Seems like Rodgers really pressed with the game on the line. He can drive them to about the opponents 30 but then he gets impatient and presses. He's gotta clean it up. Even in the SB year it was the D left to make plays at the end of the game to secure the win. I can't really remember any game the packers down by 4 or more 3:30 to go that we actually scored a game winning TD on. You gotta find a way eventually cause we can't blow teams out every win like we did in 2010-2011
blank
Offline beast  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:44:12 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I think Vince Young was pretty good at 4th Quater comebacks....
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:45:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

This team has the talent to beat anyone. PROBLEM: They never show up for a full 60 and they don't burn enough clock.

Give us an example of any NFL team that has showed up for every minute of the 60.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:47:13 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Give us an example of any NFL team that has showed up for every minute of the 60.

Green Bay Packers, 1959-1967.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 9/22/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:53:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Green Bay Packers, 1959-1967.

So, they were never scored on and never committed a turn over and never were tackled?

UserPostedImage
Offline Jakest3r  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:55:31 PM(UTC)
Jakest3r

Applause Received: 4

I personally thought that shot that we took to the endzone to James Jones (I'm pretty sure this was 1st & 10 around the 30ish yard line) was the most unneeded part of that drive. We tried several shots like that all game and they obviously took those away, unless you count some of Jordy Nelson's circus catches. Rodgers definitely didn't look like himself, but there was some bad playcalling involved as well.

But damn that that O-line create some nice runs for our backs..... if only they could be that good in pass protection...
blank
Offline yooperfan  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:07:15 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 522
Applause Received: 243

Coaching, coaching, coaching!
Online sschind  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:15:14 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 386

I didn't see how they showed they were the better team in week 1 and I haven't really watched this game yet (saw bits and pieces) but I'm not so sure they showed it against the Bengals either.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline porky88  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:26:22 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 333

Well deserved loss.

The Bengals did a great job of catching on at the end. Instead of just trying to sack Rodgers, they realized the ball was coming out quickly and got their hands up to knock the ball down at the line of scrimmage.

I think you have to mix things up once you get inside Cincinnati territory, though. I saw no screens at all today, which is something Johnathan Franklin did well at UCLA.

I understand McCarthy wasn’t willing to risk anything, but sometimes you have to take a chance. If you or I can notice that a quick pass is coming from our living rooms, then Mike Zimmer can from the coaching booth. You have to adapt.

Overall, I’m not surprised at the outcome. I was down on the Pack heading into the season and they got my hopes up with their play in the first two weeks. I just find this outcome hard to stomach because it reinforces McCarthy’s and Rodgers struggles during critical points in the game. Plus, this was such an ugly game. It was wild, but neither team can feel good about how they played. There was some bad football out there.
DoddPower on 9/22/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed