gbguy20
10 years ago

I also think some screens would have been pretty sweet yesterday. Remember that one to Lacy? I got wood from that play.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

first succesful screen ive seen us run since the days of sherman and ahman
Dulak
10 years ago
Nice post sschind!

reminds me of this game errr I thought it was last year; maybe falcons or ... bah I cant remember was going against a read option team - san fran or Washington or seattle ... anyways - they decided they were going to stop the read option also and dedicated one guy to always check the qb; problem was it was one guy used up and that let the other team use their running back much more effectively.
steveishere
10 years ago
You don't understand Nerdman. If the offensive line is getting beat up on a majority of their plays you probably aren't going to have much luck if you are trying to go on a 15 play drive while only passing the ball. Also just because a drive took 2 minutes off the clock that doesn't mean the defense only got to rest for 2 minutes. An 8 play drive gives the defense 8 plays of rest whether it took 2 or 6 minutes off the clock. The offense ran the full time off the play clock on every play. 3 and outs hurt but that's what happens when you can't run and you get penalties.
DoddPower
10 years ago

You don't understand Nerdman. If the offensive line is getting beat up on a majority of their plays you probably aren't going to have much luck if you are trying to go on a 15 play drive while only passing the ball. Also just because a drive took 2 minutes off the clock that doesn't mean the defense only got to rest for 2 minutes. An 8 play drive gives the defense 8 plays of rest whether it took 2 or 6 minutes off the clock. The offense ran the full time off the play clock on every play. 3 and outs hurt but that's what happens when you can't run and you get penalties.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yeah, I agree. Obviously, LONG drives that result in touchdowns are ideal. However, ideal situations aren't going to happen often against a team like the 49'ers. Ultimately, the goal is to score a touchdown, regardless of how it happens. Are the Packers supposed to turn down a long completion simply to try to sustain a longer drive?. BS. Take what's available. If the offense has an opportunity to score a touchdown, score it. Scoring on long drives is incredibly difficult, especially with the Packers offensive line and the SF defense. Ultimately, it's not going to happen very often. Small lapses in the defense must be taken advantage of when they present themselves, even if it's the first play every drive. It would be one thing if the Packers were averaging 5 yards per carry consistently up and down the field, but stopped running in order to pass. But that clearly wasn't the case in this game.

Besides, even when the defense was "fresh," they weren't stopping them very well, either.

play2win
10 years ago
I have a thought: MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Jarret Bush had absolutely horrific games. Horrific. So did Ross and his really poor decision making.

Change that and we win this game.
DoddPower
10 years ago

I have a thought: MD Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Jarret Bush had absolutely horrific games. Horrific. So did Ross and his really poor decision making.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I did think that MD Jennings and McMillian had pathetic games. I obviously don't know all the defensive calls and whom was responsible for what, but from what I could tell, those guys sucked. BAD. I've never been a fan of Jennings. I like McMillian due do his physicality and speed, but my confidence is beginning to waiver in him, as well. I hoped/expected him to really take a step forward this season.
nerdmann
10 years ago

I did think that MD Jennings and McMillian had pathetic games. I obviously don't know all the defensive calls and whom was responsible for what, but from what I could tell, those guys sucked. BAD. I've never been a fan of Jennings. I like McMillian due do his physicality and speed, but my confidence is beginning to waiver in him, as well. I hoped/expected him to really take a step forward this season.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

They're good backups.

Micah Hyde is the future at S.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
10 years ago

They're good backups.

Micah Hyde is the future at S.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

At this point, I can't even say they're good backups. Perhaps adequate, but good just seems like a little much for me. McMillian clearly has the potential to be good, but he's not there yet, and may never be. I just don't like Jennings period, and never have. I don't think he's very good, and has a low ceiling.

buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: play2win 

So your solution is cut these 4 players.

Who is going to play in their place?

You can express your disappointment all you want on THE TEAMS performance.

These are the guys Ted and Mike have decided give The Packers the best chance to succeed in 2013.

They aren't going anywhere, I will agree with you that Ross could be in trouble, he is the #5 receiver and can easily be replaced.

The rest are going to be important parts of the defense/special teams the rest of this year.

Let The 49rs be the so called "best" team in The NFL, its week 1, the only people who make a big deal out of week 1 rankings are "the talking heads" in the media.

I can't remember at anytime a team winning a championship in September, disappointing loss yes, end of the season, NO!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
I don't see them cutting their Safteys. Sure you wanna cut Jennings, but like buckeye said. It wouldn't do anything. Best thing you can do is bench Jennings. Maybe bring in a street free agent. Try out Banjo, what else do we have to lose? I want to see Jennings only on special teams, where he made this team in the first place.

I say give Banjo a shot if Burnett can't go next week and if Jennings is struggling. We need a spark there I think we could get that from Banjo pared up with McMillian. The coaching staff might be to stubburn, but we need something man.

My game plan against running QBs. Just blitz the shit out them, and play aggressive man to man coverage. Seriously! Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3 aren't only good at running the football, they can throw the football well too. Do not make them feel comfortable in the pocket with a 4 man rush. Fill all those gaps up and make them feel pressured to get the ball out quickly and cause turnovers. Just like we did against Wilson in the preseason, that worked like magic. Sure you have to account for their running ablity, but our Defensive line is more stout and understand how to play it now. As well more for the LBs too. The thing that beat us against the 49ers is we let their big guys, Bolden, Davis, get open because we did not do shit to make them uncomfortable at the line of scrimmage. At the times we played them aggressively it worked. But most of the time, we tried to contain more then challenge them.

Use Hyde to were he is fit to play the best football. Around the line of scrimmage. Get the kid more playing time. He is a better nickel corner than Bush. Throw him in the mold and the more and more as the game and the season goes on he will make plays. I saw him blitz yesterday and Matthews did that stunt sack. That was very successful. I think they should use him more, and just play aggressive football like Dom likes.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.