Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:14:11 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 386

Since i can't post in the thread announcing the new features I'll have to hope my post gets seen here. I noticed that some of the post are wider than others and when they are on the top of the page the Packer tweets feature cuts off the right side. Even when I am typing this the last three or four letters on the right side are covered. (in the post I am referring to it was more than the lase three or four letters.) It was the fist post on page two of the "Harbaugh reacts... thread, the post by Yerko. Is this something that might be my settings.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:29:39 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Since i can't post in the thread announcing the new features I'll have to hope my post gets seen here. I noticed that some of the post are wider than others and when they are on the top of the page the Packer tweets feature cuts off the right side. Even when I am typing this the last three or four letters on the right side are covered. (in the post I am referring to it was more than the lase three or four letters.) It was the fist post on page two of the "Harbaugh reacts... thread, the post by Yerko. Is this something that might be my settings.

Are you able to take a screen shot and attach it to a post? I'm not having that issue and can't replicate it.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:04:26 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

I'll try

File Attachment(s):
screen.bmp (2,305kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:12:37 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

I don't think that did it. I'm not sure how to proceed. I have the SS save'd in a file on my desktop but I can't get the actual SS to come up here.

Also, like I said when typing replies the tweet box covers the last 3 or 4 letters. Its not big deal but when your typing skills suck, as mine do, it get frustrating with typos and spacing etc. We all know how anal some people can be about all that crap.

Although it did not do it with this one.

Strange.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:57:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:22:56 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

You know what I think it might be. Some members have really wide banners in their sigs and that may push their posts wider. I noticed MacBob, Beast, Dakota, Cheesy, Yerko,just to name a few have wide banners. your banner seems to be shorter so your post width is narrower.

Just scroll down a page or two and look at the right edges of the posts and you may be able to see what I mean.

See, now I just went to edit this post and about a half inch of the right side is clipped.

Anyway, is there a feature where I can choose not to show members sigs?

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:33:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 4:29:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

That screen BMP worked. I see what your'e talking about. I will check into this and see what we can do. I can reproduce this, but I have to use a really low resolution such as 1024x768. Raise it up buddy! :P

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 12:16:35 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I can reproduce this, but I have to use a really low resolution such as 1024x768. Raise it up buddy! :P

I have no idea what this means. Something on my end? I wouldn't be surprised.Smile

Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 12:46:37 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I have no idea what this means. Something on my end? I wouldn't be surprised.Smile

haha nothing you are done wrong. But if you increased your screen resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 you'd see the site just dandy! I think we can change it so you don't have to do that though.

UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2013 4:38:00 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
haha nothing you are done wrong. But if you increased your screen resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 you'd see the site just dandy! I think we can change it so you don't have to do that though.

I see what you mean. I think it was just something in the SS because It was blurry as can be but that is not how the actual site looks, that is clear Thanks for being concerned though. I am working with a computer that is probably 12 or 13 years old and an OS about that old. I remember having to crash out my hard drive once and I updated to windows XP from windows ME and I know XP was pretty new at the time. Its old and temperamental (kind of like me) but I get along OK.

As far the issue. Its not a big deal. I only came across it the one time so far. Once you are past the first post or maybe two if they are short ones, the tweet box no longer is visible anyway

Rss Feed