You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:55:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 936

Just adding another reason I loath a trip into the doctors office.

And if they doc is guilty... at the bare minimum he should receive the same treatments..

Quote:

Cancer doctor gave needless chemo in $35M fraud, prosecutors say

Investigators say a popular doctor in Michigan with more than thousand patients was telling people they had cancer even when they didn't, then treating them, all for the money. Prosecutors say he was giving chemotherapy to people who didn't need it, some of whom didn't have cancer at all, as part of an alleged $35 million fraud.

Dr. Farid Fata, a trusted oncologist, preyed on patients to pad his pockets, prosecutors say. Just last week the FBI hauled evidence from his offices in upscale Michigan neighborhoods. The charges against Fata are disturbing: "deliberate misdiagnosis of patients as having cancer," giving "unnecessary chemotherapy," even to "end-of-life patients who will not benefit."

Know a scam? Been ripped off? Click here to email Rossen Reports.

"If he did commit these crimes, then I think the word 'monster' is a very good description for him," said Jeff Berz, who fears his father, Milton, suffered under Fata's care, prescribed chemotherapy for leukemia. Even as his father's health got worse, Berz said, Fata wouldn't stop chemo, and went to great lengths to administer it.

"My dad would often arrive at Dr. Fata's office, where there was a parking garage, and one of the staff would come out and actually administer the therapy session in my father's car while he's sitting out in the parking garage," Berz said.

Months later, Milton Berz died. Now his son has reached out to prosecutors. "I hate to think that my father was either hurt or had his life shortened by this man if it wasn't necessary," Berz said.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:28:22 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 155
Applause Received: 105

I'm sorry but this Jeff Burz guy is an idiot. How do you let a Medical Tech. do a procedure in a parking garage on one of your parents??? Let alone one who has cancer. Hmmmm how did this not raise a red flag in his mind. Now I feel bad the guys dad passed away, but seriously, a procedure in a parking garage.
Wisconsin Born,Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Wade on 8/15/2013(UTC), 4PackGirl on 8/15/2013(UTC)
Offline 4PackGirl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:01:05 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 149
Applause Received: 121

if he did this...there's a special place in HELL for him!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:59:52 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry but this Jeff Burz guy is an idiot. How do you let a Medical Tech. do a procedure in a parking garage on one of your parents??? Let alone one who has cancer. Hmmmm how did this not raise a red flag in his mind. Now I feel bad the guys dad passed away, but seriously, a procedure in a parking garage.

Beat me to it.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:45:54 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I think we (me included) tend to trust doctors,
Sometimes way to much. And just like
Happens often with people in high places,they
Use their positions to rip off people.

If this guy did it, I hope he has to spend
The rest of his life in prison.
Too many families have been horribly
Hurt by his actions.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:15:54 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I think we (me included) tend to trust doctors,
Sometimes way to much. And just like
Happens often with people in high places,they
Use their positions to rip off people.

If this guy did it, I hope he has to spend
The rest of his life in prison.
Too many families have been horribly
Hurt by his actions.

I have a big issue with the healthcare system in the US and in general - when it is based on money for treatments done - what do you think doctors and health care practitioners will recommend?
You might be mad at this dude (and for a good reason) - but this happens with most doctors ... Everywhere - they prescribe or do things that are not for the sole benefit of the patient.

For example - I'm a chiropractor and I can tell you this; that most successful '= make lots of money' chiropractors that take xrays frequently do so for the very fact to sell excessive treatment plans to said patients. Ya sure there may be some diagnostic reasons; but it is mainly a money making tool.
This isn't to say patients shouldn't see a chiropractor more - because I sure have a hard time (least here in England) trying to convince people to do things naturally like chiropractic then ignore it, do nothing, see gp and take drugs/do surgery etc etc.
But - does the end justify the means - means meaning xrays for main purpose to sell chiropractic?

This is just an example - then we could go into the drug reps that 'sell' drugs to the GPs; with their fancy vacations and free expensive lunches and perks; and you wonder why GPs prescribe all those drugs. Is it really the best interest of the patient for the medical doctor to be catered to in this fashion when it comes to your health?

or how about when medical doctors have a vested interest in doing more 'tests' ...

I have a show where they talked about how its backwards to give GPs incentives to do things (tests/procedures) for money and advice = exercise, nutrition; lifestyle changes are put on the back burner.
anyways was a good show - I can find the name of it if anyone is interested.

My point is - the OP article may be one of evil - but seriously medical doctors and healthcare practitioners are making these types of compromises Everyday.

So what to do about it? - become informed; the internet is a beautiful thing - do your own research and make your own opinions and live with your decisions - if I do this and eat this I may get this disease and this disease is not a result of some random occurrence but a result of what we do or what has been done to us (environmental). Somber news yes - but its a fact of life and the sooner we realize this the sooner we can do something about the cause and stop looking for the cure at the bottom of someone's pocket.

end rant ...