Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:28:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,027
Applause Received: 1,466

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
As much as I like Montee Ball, I don't think he sniffs at the 1st round.. and possibly slides out of the second round.

I would love to obtain Ball in the draft, the WISC homer in me, but even I think that is a reach. 2nd or later.. I would do a back flip.

trade up and get him in the middle of the third.

UserPostedImage

Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 12:54:27 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 111

I remember when many were wanting us to draft Gabe Carimi because he played for the Badgers. He is getting close to looking like a bust. Just saying some of you guys tend to over-value the local product. I'm not saying to avoid the home team, but please evaluate with head and not heart. I am not saying Ball will be a bust, but the guy has a pretty good line to run behind so buyer beware.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Offline Mortfini  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

According to walterfootball.com the packers are in love with Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M

Projected 3rd

The Packers need better support for Aaron Rodgers by finding an improved running game. I could see Ted Thompson targeting a running back on the second day. Sources told WalterFootball.com that Green Bay loves Michael and that Thompson was practically stalking him at the East-West Shrine.

Michael had a phenomenal week of practice and probably helped himself more than any other prospect at the East-West Shrine. The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Michael showed off an impressive skill set and has starting potential for the NFL. He ran with quickness, power, balance, vision and cutting ability.

The senior totaled 417 yards on 88 carries (4.7 average) and 12 touchdowns in 2012. Most of the Aggies' rushing attempts went to freshman signal-caller Johnny Manziel (201-1,410).

Injuries kept Michael from playing a full season in 2011 and 2010. In 2011, before going down with a knee injury, he outshined teammate Cyrus Gray. Michael led Texas A&M in rushing prior to the injury. He averaged six yards per carry with 899 yards and eight touchdowns. Michael was knocked out during the 2010 season, too, breaking his tibia in the eighth game. He had 631 yards rushing with four touchdowns and a five yard per carry average. Michael had 844 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns as freshman, averaging 5.1 yards per carry

Being from the uk I know very little about collage ball we only see 1 or 2 collage games a week and usually for some reason it's been USC but he looks like 1st round talent that's been knocked back cos of injurys
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:38:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,027
Applause Received: 1,466

Originally Posted by: Mortfini Go to Quoted Post
According to walterfootball.com the packers are in love with Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M

Projected 3rd

The Packers need better support for Aaron Rodgers by finding an improved running game. I could see Ted Thompson targeting a running back on the second day. Sources told WalterFootball.com that Green Bay loves Michael and that Thompson was practically stalking him at the East-West Shrine.

Michael had a phenomenal week of practice and probably helped himself more than any other prospect at the East-West Shrine. The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Michael showed off an impressive skill set and has starting potential for the NFL. He ran with quickness, power, balance, vision and cutting ability.

The senior totaled 417 yards on 88 carries (4.7 average) and 12 touchdowns in 2012. Most of the Aggies' rushing attempts went to freshman signal-caller Johnny Manziel (201-1,410).

Injuries kept Michael from playing a full season in 2011 and 2010. In 2011, before going down with a knee injury, he outshined teammate Cyrus Gray. Michael led Texas A&M in rushing prior to the injury. He averaged six yards per carry with 899 yards and eight touchdowns. Michael was knocked out during the 2010 season, too, breaking his tibia in the eighth game. He had 631 yards rushing with four touchdowns and a five yard per carry average. Michael had 844 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns as freshman, averaging 5.1 yards per carry

Being from the uk I know very little about collage ball we only see 1 or 2 collage games a week and usually for some reason it's been USC but he looks like 1st round talent that's been knocked back cos of injurys

I would hope Uncle Teddy targets someone who rushed for more than 417 yards in the season.

I am not saying it has to be Ball (walter has him somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds.) but he looks more like a rb who can carry the load.

walter wrote:
had 1,923 yards, averaging 6.3 yards per carry, and 33 touchdowns in 2011. Ball also caught 24 passes for 306 yards and six scores.

and
walter wrote:

He averaged 5.2 yards per carry this year on his way to 1,830 yards and 22 touchdowns.

UserPostedImage

Online Yerko  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:46:34 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 247

Projected 3rd

Hmm, so basically all this says is Ted hasn't learned his lesson in drafting an injury prone runningback. I hope he is wrong but he used the word "stalk"....
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 2:47:30 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,181

Any rumor about the Packers liking or in love with someone, dismiss immediately because that information never gets leaked. You can count on it being a smoke screen.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:06:03 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Any rumor about the Packers liking or in love with someone, dismiss immediately because that information never gets leaked. You can count on it being a smoke screen.

I don't know why, but I feel like I am getting sucked into this discussion with you, and I don't even have anything to say... there's nothing more to be said... topic's been pretty much covered, but... your avatar....
Offline Porforis  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 3:53:40 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

I don't watch college FB to know who's out there, but sounds to me like we need to find a back that is getting 4.5+ YPC with a horrendous O line. He'll be a perfect fit for team.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:32:56 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 604
Applause Received: 274

Projected 3rd

Ted loves to draft guys with injury histories so look for this kid to be a Packer.

Offline doddpower  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:40:12 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

This. If Ted is letting on so strong to a certain player, it's almost a guarantee that it's a smoke screen. That's not how Thompson works. He will follow a guy like this and be seen publicly speaking with them often, and then draft someone in which they didn't even have a pre-draft visit with.

I put little stock into this report, regardless if Ted Thompson truly likes the running back or not.

Offline PackerTraxx  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:33:07 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I would love to see Ball a Packer. Ball has good speed, is strong for his size, has a nice little jump cut, can spin out of tackles, catches the ball, blocks well, uses the stiff arm well, has a great work ethic, and attitude. But I just don't believe that will happen unless he falls to at least the 3rd rd, in the 4th he would be way too good to pass up IMO, especially where we draft. However, we have more pressing needs and I think players of equal talent will be available at that point. If we could get someone to improve our Oline and our front 7 on D I would be happy, anymore would be a nice bonus.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:23:59 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

OLB, C, NT, WR, TE

Areas of need.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT on 2/2/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 12:59:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
OLB, C, NT, WR, TE

Areas of need.

Wisconsin used the shit out of Montee Ball, plus would he offer anything more Dujaun Harris does right now?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 2/2/2013(UTC)
Offline Mortfini  
#29 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:05:28 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Reading reports I think I'd prefer lacy to ball he seems to be much tougher and a pass catcher/blocker
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed