beast
15 years ago

Dolphins | Could be interested in B. McFadden
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:15:24 -0800

Omar Kelly, of the South Florida SunSentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins may be interested in Pittsburgh Steelers impending free-agent CB Bryant McFadden if he does not re-sign with the Steelers before the start of free agency.

Could be interesting to look at. Any time you can get a defensive player from the Ravens or Steelers i say go for it, he is used to the 3-4 system.

"dhazer" wrote:

Yeah but the Packers have pretty good CBs and McFadden usually misses 3 games a year on average, and he has never started more than 9 games in one season in the pros. Plus the CBs are said to be the Steelers biggest weakness on defense.

I'll pass unless he's cheap but I think the Steelers would sign him if he was going cheap.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago
No free agents this year....asking for way too much money for their own good. Sticking with the draft this year will do us some good I think.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I dont want any free agents this off season. With all the franchised players it has raised the market value way up there and we would be over paying for anyone right now.

"dhazer" wrote:

I am very surprised to read this...........
UserPostedImage
Megatron
15 years ago
I really really want us to go for Igor Olshansky. I dont think there is much quality 3-4 DE's in the draft. I expect us to be focusing on OT, OLB and NT in the early rounds which means the very few high quality DE's will get taken by the time we get our turn to pick.

So to avoid missing out on a high quality DE, we should look in free agency for one. Igor Olshansky is the one that clearly stands out. I hope the packers at the very least make an offer for him. Just looking the the photos he's clearly an absolute monster, i dont think any of the draft prospects have muscles like he does. His size and weight is absolutely spot on for a 3-4 DE.

He's only 26 and very rarely gets injured. He knows the system and shouldn't command as much money as Hayesworth for example.

Just looking at him, he even looks like a packer type player.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago
I didn't even know this guy was a FA.

Steelers | Saturday wants to sign
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:52:09 -0800

John Harris, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Indianapolis Colts impending free-agent C Jeff Saturday wants to join the Pittsburgh Steelers. "I talked to Jeff after the Super Bowl, and he said if you can get me there, that would be beautiful," said Pittsburgh-based agent Ralph Cindrich. "This is a Rooney-type of guy if ever there was one." Saturday said he would even move to the guard position if he were to join the team. "He's happy to play guard. He started in the league at guard. He told me, 'I'll play anywhere,' " Cindrich said.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
I've read some bad locker room things about Olshansky.
UserPostedImage
Since69
15 years ago

bring in olshansky and i'd be happy.

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

Me like Igor... Him strong like bull!

He was the guy I wanted when Sherman took Highway 28 instead. God damn that was an awful draft... still pisses me off.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
15 years ago

bring in olshansky and i'd be happy.

"Since69" wrote:

Me like Igor... Him strong like bull!

He was the guy I wanted when Sherman took Highway 28 instead. God damn that was a awful draft... still pisses me off.

"GermanGilbert" wrote:

Oh come on, we traded up for B.J. Sander instead of taking Matt Schaub, the guy that lit up Lambeau last year. :icon_smile:

That Mike Sherman was one hell of a talent evaluator.
UserPostedImage
minnypacker
15 years ago
I would like us to sign at least 1 FA starter. It could be a DB, OLB, or DL.

I like Scott, but I thought he played OLB, so not a fit. I like Canty and Antonio Smith, but I am not sure how much cash they want. I also like Igor.

DB wise, Mcfadden? Heyden? Others?
Fan Shout
wpr (8h) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21h) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21h) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / wpr

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.