Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2022-05-16T12:19:21Z
Quote:

Biggest hole: Pass-catcher

The Packers have a decent amount of resources invested at wide receiver, but it still projects to be an incomplete unit in 2022. Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb both return, but neither moves the needle for any team. Free agent Sammy Watkins was a good add for depth and rotational purposes. Moreover, 2021 third-round pick Amari Rodgers hardly played at receiver last year and didn't play well as a punt returner, leaving his role in limbo.

Green Bay did add two rookies -- Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs -- but Aaron Rodgers' history with getting production out of rookies is not particularly impressive. It is an intriguing unit that is loaded in some sense of the word, but there is a lot left to be proved. While Rodgers can probably make it work anyway, it's a dangerous line to walk.

At tight end, Robert Tonyan is coming off a season-ending injury, is hardly being paid and is set to get loose from his contract after 2022. Marcedes Lewis is getting older, and former 2020 third-rounder Josiah Deguara has yet to come alive. If Tonyan is healthy, the unit will get by the same as it has before, but it's easy to see how this room could get a complete makeover soon.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl...potential-solutions-more 

Packers have Aaron Jones in the backfield, Robert Tonyan is a good receiving tight end and they just used a higher end 2nd round pick on a WR that most of these clowns rated top 5-7 WR in the draft. Plus they have Cobb and most likely Lazard.
UserPostedImage
Pugger
2022-05-16T17:53:55Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Packers have Aaron Jones in the backfield, Robert Tonyan is a good receiving tight end and they just used a higher end 2nd round pick on a WR that most of these clowns rated top 5-7 WR in the draft. Plus they have Cobb and most likely Lazard.

But how soon will we see Tonyan on the field? We do have a big hole in the receivers department. Until these draft kids and Watkins connect with Aaron Rodgers we might have to lean more on our D and ST to save the day earlier in the upcoming season.

PHGuest
2022-05-16T19:35:17Z
Originally Posted by: Pugger 

But how soon will we see Tonyan on the field? We do have a big hole in the receivers department. Until these draft kids and Watkins connect with Aaron Rodgers we might have to lean more on our D and ST to save the day earlier in the upcoming season.

Bobby is 7 months into his rehab and way ahead of schedule. He had a clean tear which means much less than a year recovery. I know Bakh's timeline has everyone freaked out, but Dave had more than ACL, and it wasn't clean tear like Bobby's.

You also have Tyler Davis and Deguara if something weird happens and Bobby isn't good to go week 1 as is expected. I have no concerns at TE.

Not sure why some are acting like Lazard, Cobb, and Amari will account for zero WR production, and it's ALL dependent on the new guys. Keep in mind this team was 7-0 without Tae before Watkins, Watson, Doubs, and Toure came to town. It's LaFleur's offense that made Davante a superstar. I honestly am sick of hearing that this offense will be lesser without him. He is a loss, so is Z, but a massive hole that can not be filled now? Not even close. I haven't said this here yet, but Davante wanted out, so good riddance punk. Love Tae, but also not even close to crying he left. We good. Wish him luck in the Raiders offense with a average QB trying to throw him open.

User Deleted Their Account
Pugger
2022-05-17T11:48:17Z
Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Bobby is 7 months into his rehab and way ahead of schedule. He had a clean tear which means much less than a year recovery. I know Bakh's timeline has everyone freaked out, but Dave had more than ACL, and it wasn't clean tear like Bobby's.

You also have Tyler Davis and Deguara if something weird happens and Bobby isn't good to go week 1 as is expected. I have no concerns at TE.

Not sure why some are acting like Lazard, Cobb, and Amari will account for zero WR production, and it's ALL dependent on the new guys. Keep in mind this team was 7-0 without Tae before Watkins, Watson, Doubs, and Toure came to town. It's LaFleur's offense that made Davante a superstar. I honestly am sick of hearing that this offense will be lesser without him. He is a loss, so is Z, but a massive hole that can not be filled now? Not even close. I haven't said this here yet, but Davante wanted out, so good riddance punk. Love Tae, but also not even close to crying he left. We good. Wish him luck in the Raiders offense with a average QB trying to throw him open.

Has Lazard signed yet?
PHGuest
2022-05-17T12:05:15Z

Has Lazard signed yet?

Yes. Lazard signed a tender which is the equivalent of a one year contract. Signed for 2022 for 3.98 million.

Lazard can become a unrestricted free agent in 2023.
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T12:37:42Z

Has Lazard signed yet?

I would say no, but that's based off the Packers website listing him as restricted free agent.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

However, Spotrac says he did sign it. So, I really do not know, but I'm leaning towards Packers website not being up-to-date.

But if you look at transactions... I really have no idea anymore lol
UserPostedImage
Pugger
2022-05-17T14:23:13Z

I would say no, but that's based off the Packers website listing him as restricted free agent.

However, Spotrac says he did sign it. So, I really do not know, but I'm leaning towards Packers website not being up-to-date.

But if you look at transactions... I really have no idea anymore lol

lol I suppose we should wait until it is on the Packers' website until we know for sure. It sure is confusing, isn't it?
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T14:32:11Z

lol I suppose we should wait until it is on the Packers' website until we know for sure. It sure is confusing, isn't it?

It sure is. My understanding is once Packer assign the tender, that amount was applied against their salary cap. But the player (e.g. Lazard) doesn't have to sign it right away. Also, I read somewhere that the amount can be lowered by a certain date if still unsigned.

As for this transaction, I couldn't find any NFL wire transaction that says Allen Lazard signed it. I believe last year he waited until July to sign a tender.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T14:32:59Z
I'm just guessing Lazard isn't going to sign until he wants to be in the building, which will probably be training camp.

As players simply have more freedom not being signed and that offer most likely isn't going anywhere, and he might be able to get more money in the open market if they did pull the tender back.

Plus, currently he can play basketball or ride motorcycles, or do what he wants without the team having a contract on him...

And yes, some teams have had issues with players playing very competitive basketball, or problems with where or how they work out. Not that the Packers have had any issues with Lazard as far as I'm aware, but less rules for same amount of money can be nice.
UserPostedImage
PHGuest
2022-05-17T14:41:41Z
Really isn't that confusing lol.

The Packers signed Lazard(He signed it) to a 2nd round tender. He will play for the Packers for the 2022 season for 3.9 mill unless the Packers sign him to extension before the season.

He is though still a RFA and another team can offer him a contract but the Packers can match any offer or receive a 2nd round pick if it gets to that which it won't.

Got it? Kidding😋
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T14:54:19Z

The Packers signed Lazard(He signed it) to a 2nd round tender. He will play for the Packers for the 2022 season for 3.9 mill unless the Packers sign him to extension before the season.

He is though still a RFA and another team can offer him a contract but the Packers can match any offer or receive a 2nd round pick if it gets to that which it won't.

Got it? Kidding😋

Why isn't it listed as a transaction? Other players who signed have been listed, but you are saying Allen Lazard signed, yet, everything on the transaction wires show ... not yet signed.

This is why it is confusing. You can see other players listed as signed, but not Allen Lazard.

Another set of transactions doesn't list that he signed it.

Last season he waited until July 22 to sign.

CBS seems updated quite a bit, they got Jaire, but not Allen Lazard. 🤷‍♂️

This is confusing that you're pounding hard that he signed it, yet every source that lists transactions shows no such transaction been made. Quite confusing.

Spotract shows when the contract was assigned, but transaction of it being signed, no where to be found.
UserPostedImage
PHGuest
2022-05-17T15:08:42Z

Why isn't it listed as a transaction? Other players who signed have been listed, but you are saying Allen Lazard signed, yet, everything on the transaction wires show ... not yet signed.

This is why it is confusing. You can see other players listed as signed, but not Allen Lazard.

Another set of transactions doesn't list that he signed it.

The Packers signed him to the tender in March. For that to happen Allen and the team both sign it. So when you heard in March that the Packers signed Allen Lazard to a 2nd round tender for 3.9 million that is what happened. Both parties signed it.

Florio started all this writing a article a while ago trying to start drama by saying the Packers shouldn't list Allen Lazard as one of their WRs. Florio is agenda based little shit stirrer that gets people to his gossip site by making crap up about the Packers and whoever else he thinks will put butts in the seats.

Nothing Mike Florio writes about the Packers is based in anything but trying to start up bullshit about the Packers so the fan base bites.
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T15:57:51Z

The Packers signed him to the tender in March. For that to happen Allen and the team both sign it. So when you heard in March that the Packers signed Allen Lazard to a 2nd round tender for 3.9 million that is what happened. Both parties signed it.

Florio started all this writing a article a while ago trying to start drama by saying the Packers shouldn't list Allen Lazard as one of their WRs. Florio is agenda based little shit stirrer that gets people to his gossip site by making crap up about the Packers and whoever else he thinks will put butts in the seats.

Nothing Mike Florio writes about the Packers is based in anything but trying to start up bullshit about the Packers so the fan base bites.

I didn't hear that in March. I heard that the Packers assigned a 2nd round tender. Everything I've read says Allen Lazard has yet to sign the tender. I wish I could remember where I read or where I heard that the tender automatically gets lowered if Allen doesn't sign it by a certain date.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T15:58:28Z

Got it? Kidding😋

Nope, if an RFA sign, the they're no longer a FA, and other teams can no longer give him offers.

If he's signed with the team that gave the tender, then it's over, he's a signed played.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T16:01:12Z
When Lazard signs the contract, the Packers will move him from the RFA list to the main roster list...

Just like they have done for other FAs that resigned and the draft picks that have signed.

According to Packers.com, Lazard is not currently signed. They should know better than any of us.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T16:09:11Z
This might be something to smack into a new topic, but here's what I'm reading about RFA.

Restricted free agent (RFA): A player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers ("tenders") that come with the right of first refusal and/or draft-pick compensation. If the tender is withdrawn by a team, the RFA becomes an unrestricted free agent. In 2021, teams must submit these tenders before 4 p.m. ET on March 17. These amounts change annually; the following numbers are for the 2021 season. Players can choose either (a) or (b) regardless of which is greater in the applicable tenders below.

Second-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $3.384 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Draft-choice compensation: second-round pick.

Adding this from Si.com makes me wonder if since he didn't negotiate a deal with another team by April 22nd, that he doesn't have to actually sign the tender, but for all intents and purposes ... is re-signed? The first part highlighted supports my thinking that once the tender is offered, it immediately is applied against the salary cap. Which can confuse some as he signed it.
UserPostedImage
PHGuest
2022-05-17T16:09:29Z
Waiting for a text back from Jon-Eric Sullivan, but my understanding is that both parties sign the 3.9 mill tender when it's applied.

I believe other teams can offer him a contract only until July 22nd. I am not sure when he is officially no longer considered a RFA. Jon-Eric is the one that would know better than us.

I do know for a fact the Packers have exclusive rights to match any offer that comes in. And also get a 2nd round pick if another team signs Allen.

The July 22nd and when he is officially no longer considered a RFA are the only two variables here.
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T16:11:23Z

Waiting for a text back from Jon-Eric Sullivan, but my understanding is that both parties sign the 3.9 mill tender when it's applied.

I believe other teams can offer him a contract only until July 22nd. I am not sure when he is officially no longer considered a RFA. Jon-Eric is the one that would know better than us.

Based on what Bill Huber wrote, it's April 22nd, but if true, why hasn't Lazard actually signed it? It sounds like there's no other real recourse, regardless of what I read/heard about the amount being lowered by a certain date. (since I can't recall where the hell I got that from, ugh).
UserPostedImage
PHGuest
2022-05-17T16:26:21Z

Based on what Bill Huber wrote, it's April 22nd, but if true, why hasn't Lazard actually signed it? It sounds like there's no other real recourse, regardless of what I read/heard about the amount being lowered by a certain date. (since I can't recall where the hell I got that from, ugh).

The July 22nd is the day before training camp starts. I believe you can not be a RFA once camp starts.

Sometimes he doesn't text me back for a couple days. He claims I am the one who never replies to texts. He is factual on that. I also understand he is quite busy.
bboystyle
2022-05-17T16:31:07Z

Because he hasnt. Packernation is wrong but is moving goalposts to protect his all knowing demeanor.

With that said, WR is still a question mark on this team until proven otherwise. Dont care what our record was with Adams out, no one on this team is as consistent at the WR position as Adams was. We dont even know if Tonyan will be 100% back to how he was. Cobb is old and often hurt as is Watkins. Lazard is another jag who took advantage of Adams being doubled. This team is entering the 2022 season hoping a rookie can contribute alongside a bunch of old injured players.

I said it before and ill say it again, we really need the run game to be effficent this season or this offense will be 2019 all over again
blank
PHGuest
2022-05-17T16:37:00Z
And why does this site still allow this actual little troll to still post here?

I am this close to leaving this absolute clown show.

I am not going to be associated with this ridiculous trolling.

Bye.