Cheesey
3 years ago
I still don’t understand the push to have games in England.
NFL Europe didn’t fare so well, did it?
So teams have to spend a day in the air to make the owners happy. Then a day back.
Stupid in my view.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

So teams have to spend a day in the air to make the owners happy. Then a day back.
Stupid in my view.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

England is paying the NFL a crap ton of money to have games over there. The NFL is trying to broaden it's brand to world wide to expose the sport to more people. The hope is to acquire more talent to put a better (more competitive) product on display. And ultimately, that brings more money.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Stupid in my view.

NFL Europe was quite crappy when compared to the actual NFL talent. So just because the Area League failed in certain markets, doesn't mean the NFL would fail I'm those same markets.

I honestly don't like it, because I think American Football should be USA or at least North America game mainly. But owners are chasing the money, and according to some rumors, if England would of let Shad Khan buy the stadium, the Jaguars might be based in England full time already.

Owners are always trying to spread the game to more and especially bigger markets. Just like they have been doing for decades. Just this time, it's over seas.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago
Is anyone else annoyed that the symmetry of the NFL season is now gone? 32 teams, 16 to a conference with 4 division winners. 6 games vs your division, 4 games vs another division in your conference and 4 against a division from the other with 2 games based on division standings. 6 teams in the playoffs with 2 byes. 4 games in the first round, 4 games in the 2nd round, 2 conference title games leading to the Super Bowl. Also begs the question of what is the absolute limit to the regular season? I think the most they could go to is 19 games (adding two more non conference games based on division standings).
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
3 years ago

Is anyone else annoyed that the symmetry of the NFL season is now gone? 32 teams, 16 to a conference with 4 division winners. 6 games vs your division, 4 games vs another division in your conference and 4 against a division from the other with 2 games based on division standings. 6 teams in the playoffs with 2 byes. 4 games in the first round, 4 games in the 2nd round, 2 conference title games leading to the Super Bowl. Also begs the question of what is the absolute limit to the regular season? I think the most they could go to is 19 games (adding two more non conference games based on division standings).

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Yes I'm slightly annoyed, though there are much more annoying things to me.... such as the easiest way to score (FG 3 points) is more points than the hardest way to score (Safety 2 points)... screw the punt that follows... there is no need for that. Just make Safety worth 10 point and automatic put the sucky offense in good field position.

And 20 games, as instead of just the Chiefs, we could be facing the entire AFC West.

Though, I think one could argue when we get to 18 games just play more divisions and less based in how a team finished the year before...

Such as this for a schedule. All NFC North teams play
6 division games
4 NFC West
4 NFC East
4 AFC division

But I think they like those where you finished last year, as that's partly how they get the high profile rematches.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

The symmetry is bothersome. What bothers me more is how reading the memorandums it comes off like the NFL is not even trying to hide their insatiable greed while undermining our intelligence at the same time.

I'm not a fan of Thursday games.
I'm not a fan of the fluffed up contracts -- just guarantee them and be done with the salary cap dance.
I'm not a fan of their being no off-season. Sports shows procure narratives that fans consume as fact and it ruins the perceptions of players.
I'm not a fan of what feels like a saturated product called the NFL.
I'm not a fan of players signing a "contract" then holding out or demanding to be traded because they want to be in a "better" situation.

This would have been nice.
2 preseason games
16 regular season games
8 divisions is too many, I think four would be better
1 playoff bye team is asshole greedy

I miss the days of being able to turn my attention to something and not be flooded with fabricated hyperbolic stories to get attention. All I want is to watch the games and follow transactions of players. It seems I have to sift through 100 garbage "hot takes" and then play sleuth to figure out the truth. I spend more time verifying or disproving things a sports show says. The part that really bothers me is most of them know they are blowing smoke up our asses, but they say "it's what you have to do to fill 3 hours of air time". Hell, Jason Wilde just spent 20 some minutes talking about American Idol on his Packers sports show.

I'm a fan of less is more. I just need to turn my head away or find new hobbies. But, I really think I'm probably done once Aaron Rodgers hangs them up.

I am a fan of the COVID-19 modifications the NFL made regarding practice squad and injured reserve. I think they nailed that shit out of the park and I hope it continues.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

So with the 17th game, teams will play overseas at least once every 8 years.

Originally Posted by: beast 

So starting in 2022, the NFL will be traveling more.

The NFL’s international expansion plans were a significant part of Tuesday’s announcement of 17-game seasons, and games appear to be coming to Germany and South America.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell mentioned both Germany and South America on a call to announce the addition of a 17th game. The most likely South American country to host an NFL game would be Brazil.

The NFL has long had eyes on Germany for several reasons: It’s a big, wealthy country. It has a large English-speaking population. And American football has a fan base there, including many fans who supported the German teams in the now-defunct NFL Europe league (which also operated under the names World League of American Football and NFL Europa).

Beginning in 2022, the NFL will require four teams every year to give up a home game to play internationally, and additional teams may volunteer to play international games.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/31/nfl-likely-to-play-games-in-germany-south-america/  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Beast, I never thought of the safety thing. You make a great point. It’s SO hard to get a safety, it SHOULD be worth more points.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
3 years ago

The symmetry is bothersome. What bothers me more is how reading the memorandums it comes off like the NFL is not even trying to hide their insatiable greed while undermining our intelligence at the same time.

I'm not a fan of Thursday games.
I'm not a fan of the fluffed up contracts -- just guarantee them and be done with the salary cap dance.
I'm not a fan of their being no off-season. Sports shows procure narratives that fans consume as fact and it ruins the perceptions of players.
I'm not a fan of what feels like a saturated product called the NFL.
I'm not a fan of players signing a "contract" then holding out or demanding to be traded because they want to be in a "better" situation.

This would have been nice.
2 preseason games
16 regular season games
8 divisions is too many, I think four would be better
1 playoff bye team is asshole greedy

I miss the days of being able to turn my attention to something and not be flooded with fabricated hyperbolic stories to get attention. All I want is to watch the games and follow transactions of players. It seems I have to sift through 100 garbage "hot takes" and then play sleuth to figure out the truth. I spend more time verifying or disproving things a sports show says. The part that really bothers me is most of them know they are blowing smoke up our asses, but they say "it's what you have to do to fill 3 hours of air time". Hell, Jason Wilde just spent 20 some minutes talking about American Idol on his Packers sports show.

I'm a fan of less is more. I just need to turn my head away or find new hobbies. But, I really think I'm probably done once Aaron Rodgers hangs them up.

I am a fan of the COVID-19 modifications the NFL made regarding practice squad and injured reserve. I think they nailed that shit out of the park and I hope it continues.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I feel 99 percent the same way about the NFL product.
The only difference for me is that I will continue to watch the Green Bay Packers, Rodgers or no Rodgers, until I’m ten toes up out on the North forty.
beast
3 years ago

Beast, I never thought of the safety thing. You make a great point. It’s SO hard to get a safety, it SHOULD be worth more points.

Exactly, it should be worth at least TD (really it should be worth more than that). But with all the rules favoring the offense, why not make some common sense rules like this to help the defense? It's rarely going to help...

Plus it'll make those plays when teams are backed up against their own end zone more exciting, as the defense might get more aggressive, and if they do, higher chance for a mistake and some player takes it 90+ yards.

Another one I've never understood, is why in the hell do you limited the number of players that can return from IR? If you want to say no players can, or all players can after missing 8 weeks, then fine, but why limited it to one or two? That's never make any freaking sense to me. It seems they wanted it only used on franchise players... but why? Why should a non-franchise player be at a disadvantage when it comes to injuries?

PS: The NFL 2020 injury rules, which allowed unlimited number of players (although only once per player) and a short IR (where they only had to miss 3 weeks), was absolutely amazing! They should make that full time! I have no idea why they haven't yet... I think they're going back to the old stupid rules.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (1m) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (7m) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (15m) : fuck
beast (1h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (1h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (1h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (1h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (2h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (3h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (3h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (3h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (3h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.