beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago

UserPostedImage
Discipline required, on and off the field

He also mentioned discussing more flexibility with defensive coordinator Joe Barry to shift out of the defense's usual two-deep safety look to add another defender to the box when an offense is loading up to run the ball, like the Patriots did in sending in an extra offensive lineman regularly.

Continue Reading @ Packers 

Packers wrote:

This talks a little bit about the Packers travel plans, but I think the asking Joe Brady to stack the box more is most interesting...

Including... why in the hell does he have to be told this when going against a 3rd string QB?

I mean, I really love the scheme ... but Barry's willingness to just play conservative is absolutely freaking nuts at times (I mean, I think fans are absolutely nuts when they want to blitz all the time too... and I'm stronger to Barry's side than the fans... but every rule has exceptions... and while it's smart to be conservative majority of the time, it's like Barry doesn't see the exceptions ...)
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a year ago
There's a reason why Barry's defenses (all but one year) never ranked better than 23rd. He may be doing good with our defense, but his schemes and plans suck. If we weren't so talented on D, we would be bottom of the barrel.

Remember what Jim Bates did with our D back in the early 00's? He took a bunch of jags aside from a few and made them a top 10 D after sucking for years on defense. Barry will never do that because he needs talent to thrive and even then, he gets too conservative.
nerdmann
a year ago

There's a reason why Barry's defenses (all but one year) never ranked better than 23rd. He may be doing good with our defense, but his schemes and plans suck. If we weren't so talented on D, we would be bottom of the barrel.

Remember what Jim Bates did with our D back in the early 00's? He took a bunch of jags aside from a few and made them a top 10 D after sucking for years on defense. Barry will never do that because he needs talent to thrive and even then, he gets too conservative.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Thing with Barry last year was Matt telling him what to do during games, imo. They held up too.

Not counting turnovers, this D has held all these teams to 20 or under so far. Not to jinx, of course.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
a year ago

Thing with Barry last year was Matt telling him what to do during games, imo. They held up too.

Not counting turnovers, this D has held all these teams to 20 or under so far. Not to jinx, of course.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

They've only held 2 teams under 20. The crappy bears and the injured Bucs. We will see what this D is all about when we face the Bills and Lions
nerdmann
a year ago

They've only held 2 teams under 20. The crappy bears and the injured Bucs. We will see what this D is all about when we face the Bills and Lions

False. Aaron throwing a pick 6 is not something the defense allowed. Against the Vikings they held to a FG after a turnover, instead of allowing a TD. I don't count that against them either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
a year ago
We didn't get enough pressure on a third string QB. He had much to much time in the pocket.
JMO
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a year ago

False. Aaron throwing a pick 6 is not something the defense allowed. Against the Vikings they held to a FG after a turnover, instead of allowing a TD. I don't count that against them either.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The standard for a defense isnt 20 points. A 3rd string rookie couldnt be shut down. What do u think a QB lile Allen will do? Again, our real test will be vs the Bills.
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago
In theory the scheme is to limited the passing game, so they might actually do better against teams that can't run it....

But my original point was that Barry failed to adjust to other teams weakness and just kept playing his scheme...

And Patriots said, okay, we'll put 6 OL on the field and run it, and still almost no adjustments...

He has adjusted a bit in the blitzing more... but he always seems games late with his adjustments...

I doubt the Packers make a move, but I would ask them to extremely serious take a look at FA coach Vic Fangio... he's the one whom designed this season and he defensive coordinator for

49ers (2011–2014)
Bears (2015–2018)

Yes the Packers owned the Bears, but they defenses were tough as hell...

Took Collin Kapernick lead 49ers to the NFC Conference Championship game 3 years in a row... and late in the regular season, I said the 2018 Bears would make it to the Super Bowl if they could just avoid the Eagles tough linemen, and their luck it was their first playoff game and the defense held to them to 16 points but Eagles still one off the double doink FG

Also, if he doesn't get the head coaching job, Wisconsin's Jim Leonhard might be looking for another job.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago

Any team we face will be a test the way we have been playing.
The only team we beat up was the Bears.
2 squeaker wins against beat up Tampa, and a overtime against a third string rookie QB.
Our offense has been a shell of what it was. Losing Adams and MVS has really hurt. Having rookies that don't really know what they are doing doesn't help.
Hopefully they can put it together and start playing like we know they can.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
All I know is Matt does not come off happy about going to London for a football game. Each interview I've listened to, he's crabby as crap, lol. It's funny. You can tell he knows he's crabby and tries to come off different and then it just comes back one sentence later.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.