Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T16:44:32Z
Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Because he hasnt. Packernation is wrong but is moving goalposts to protect his all knowing demeanor.

Bill Huber just confirmed this on Tweeter that Allen Lazard has NOT signed the tender. This now makes sense why no one has a transaction stating he signed it. Because, he hasn't, lol. I guess the only thing that was confusing was someone staunchly stating he had signed it when fact is, he hasn't. At least we got that little nugget resolved.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

With that said, WR is still a question mark on this team until proven otherwise. Dont care what our record was with Adams out, no one on this team is as consistent at the WR position as Adams was. We dont even know if Tonyan will be 100% back to how he was. Cobb is old and often hurt as is Watkins. Lazard is another jag who took advantage of Adams being doubled. This team is entering the 2022 season hoping a rookie can contribute alongside a bunch of old injured players.

I said it before and ill say it again, we really need the run game to be effficent this season or this offense will be 2019 all over again

I dunno why, maybe blind homerism, but I think the receiving corps is going to be a pleasant surprise.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T17:54:20Z
Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Waiting for a text back from Jon-Eric Sullivan, but my understanding is that both parties sign the 3.9 mill tender when it's applied.

I believe other teams can offer him a contract only until July 22nd. I am not sure when he is officially no longer considered a RFA. Jon-Eric is the one that would know better than us.

I do know for a fact the Packers have exclusive rights to match any offer that comes in. And also get a 2nd round pick if another team signs Allen.

The July 22nd and when he is officially no longer considered a RFA are the only two variables here.

So you do actually have Packers connections?

My understanding is that just the teams puts that tender on... players don't have to do anything until they're ready to sign with a team.

Once they sign with a team, they're technically no longer a FA.

But then signing, and then shopping themselves as a FA makes no sense to me, as then they would be in a team and it would be a trade not a FA scenario.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T17:59:40Z

The July 22nd is the day before training camp starts. I believe you can not be a RFA once camp starts.

You can be an RFA for life if you refuse to sign with any team and that team never gives up their RFA rights for you.

But most players want to continue playing and getting paid, so therefore they sign at some point when they come back to the team.

And so most RFAs sign before training camp, but they don't have to.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T18:00:13Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

So you do actually have Packers connections?

My understanding is that just the teams puts that tender on... players don't have to do anything until they're ready to sign with a team.

Once they sign with a team, they're technically no longer a FA.

But then signing, and then shopping themselves as a FA makes no sense to me, as then they would be in a team and it would be a trade not a FA scenario.

If so, I wouldn't trust that connection anymore, lol.

Anyhow, if you'd like to formulate connections of your own, here's a list of NFL Agents. Some actually respond if you're polite with the ask.

https://nflpa.com/search...&state=&zipcode= 
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T18:02:16Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I guess the only thing that was confusing was someone staunchly stating he had signed it when fact is, he hasn't. At least we got that little nugget resolved.

Yes, you have gotten too used to beast being correct when he staunchly saying things, being correct, but not everyone is as good as him 😜

(Just kidding people) lol

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T18:04:29Z

If so, I wouldn't trust that connection anymore, lol.

Anyhow, if you'd like to formulate connections of your own, here's a list of NFL Agents. Some actually respond if you're polite with the ask.

https://nflpa.com/search...&state=&zipcode= 

Someone could have actual connections and be wrong when stating their own beliefs... as there is a different between what a connection says and what one might believe on their own.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T18:05:06Z

Yes, you have gotten too used to beast being correct when he staunchly saying things, being correct, but not everyone is as good as him 😜

(Just kidding people) lol

My therapist did say I over-value the opinion of others. I was like BS, I'm always right, everyone is else wrong and then I heard "OK Kev, we have our subject for the next session, you have a wonderful day now".
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-17T18:08:53Z

Someone could have actual connections and be wrong when stating their own beliefs... as there is a different between what a connection says and what one might believe on their own.

This is true. It's not like a connection is 100% accurate, unless said connection is me, of course.

To be fair, I can see how someone would assume Lazard signed, but research shows no transaction of the sort -- anywhere. And then seeing that money taken out against the salary cap can also lend one to believe the contract was signed. So, I do get the confusion. I don't get folks being condescending about it though. It's like people are people or something.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-17T20:49:28Z
Shouldn't there at least be a reason the posts got deleted? Lol

Heck, there wasn't even any cuss words... not even much of an insult.

Sorry, I had to be a smart alec lol

I think the Packers are missing depth at DB...

I think OL is the huge question mark area... you can argue the Packers failures in the playoffs were due to OL injuries and not being able to cover for them... and while Packers have great potential at OL but they also have a lot of questions as well.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-18T12:43:22Z

Shouldn't there at least be a reason the posts got deleted? Lol

There is if/when a Moderator soft-deletes a post. This was done by the system because they tried to delete their account so the software tried deleting all posts, and then posts that were replied to said deleted posts. It's a shit-show but thankfully takes 30 seconds to fix now.

I think the Packers are missing depth at DB...

I think OL is the huge question mark area... you can argue the Packers failures in the playoffs were due to OL injuries and not being able to cover for them... and while Packers have great potential at OL but they also have a lot of questions as well.

I think the biggest question mark for me is depth at LB. It seems we have a couple studs and then a who is who behind them.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-18T13:00:15Z

There is if/when a Moderator soft-deletes a post. This was done by the system because they tried to delete their account so the software tried deleting all posts, and then posts that were replied to said deleted posts. It's a shit-show but thankfully takes 30 seconds to fix now.

Oh? Whom tried deleting their account? PackerNation? Where they success in deleting, so they can't log back in?

I think the biggest question mark for me is depth at LB. It seems we have a couple studs and then a who is who behind them.

Same with Safety, it's Amos and Savage then who?

Basically same at CB...

ILB at least has Summers, whom has gotten on the field as a STer.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-18T13:11:01Z

Oh? Whom tried deleting their account? PackerNation? Where they success in deleting, so they can't log back in?

Same with Safety, it's Amos and Savage then who?

Basically same at CB...

ILB at least has Summers, whom has gotten on the field as a STer.

Yes, that account and no they were not. I'm under the belief they were so embarrassed about being wrong about Lazard they took their balls and went home. And that is OK.

Safety is also a concern, but I also tend to focus more on the front seven. If you abuse the OL, the secondary inherently becomes or rather looks "better".
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-18T13:19:16Z

I'm under the belief they were so embarrassed about being wrong about Lazard they took their balls and went home. And that is OK.

Yup, I'm under that believe as well... which shouldn't be, but is a bit surprising to me, after coming so hard at me, for supposively having to be right and not being able to admit errors... I guess I was right, when I said I think they were just projecting there.

In no way am I perfectionist. I'm a mess in many ways lol 😥, but I do try to pay attention and be correct when I make statements. But I'm still absolutely wrong at times, but try to learn from it.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-05-18T13:23:08Z

Yup, I'm under that believe as well... which shouldn't be, but is a bit surprising to me, after coming so hard at me, for supposively having to be right and not being able to admit errors... I guess I was right, when I said I think they were just projecting there.

In no way am I perfectionist. I'm a mess in many ways lol 😥, but I do try to pay attention and be correct when I make statements. But I'm still absolutely wrong at times, but try to learn from it.

Eh, to each their own. It's not their first account here and I predict it won't be the last either.

Anyhow, is there any free agent safety that could be had for a decent price or we beyond that at this stage of the off-season?
UserPostedImage
Pugger
2022-05-18T13:58:17Z

Really isn't that confusing lol.

The Packers signed Lazard(He signed it) to a 2nd round tender. He will play for the Packers for the 2022 season for 3.9 mill unless the Packers sign him to extension before the season.

He is though still a RFA and another team can offer him a contract but the Packers can match any offer or receive a 2nd round pick if it gets to that which it won't.

Got it? Kidding😋

It was all the conflicting reports that are confusing. lol
beast
2022-05-18T14:15:26Z

Anyhow, is there any free agent safety that could be had for a decent price or we beyond that at this stage of the off-season?

I think the Packers are beyond that point and are just going with what they have at this point, until claiming guys off other rosters after camp starts.

As for Safety,

Henry Black, the Packers #3 Safety from last year is still available. My guess is he's not happy with the Packers not picking up his RFA tender, but if he's not getting offers elsewhere, he still might be better than any of the backups we got.

Chris Banjo is a former Packer and career ST ace... you wouldn't prefer to start him, but he's good veteran depth and would improve a ST unit. He's spent 3 years each with Packers, Saints and Cardinals.

Landon Collins, Tashaun Gipson, Jaquiski Tartt are some other bigger names, though I think Collins is more of a S/LB tweener which I think they need more depth at true deep Safeties types.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
2022-05-18T16:30:41Z

Eh, to each their own. It's not their first account here and I predict it won't be the last either.

So who is he? Uffda_udfa? Both he and Barfarn claimed to have inside connections at Lombardi Avenue, but I've been trawling through old threads over the past few days, and I just don't think he's Barfarn. He's not as overtly and stridently political as Barfarn was. Barfarn was also capable of churning out multiple dissertations a day. It was pretty impressive.
UserPostedImage
beast
2022-05-18T17:16:02Z

Henry Black, the Packers #3 Safety from last year is still available. My guess is he's not happy with the Packers not picking up his RFA tender, but if he's not getting offers elsewhere, he still might be better than any of the backups we got.

Looks like Henry Black just signed with the Giants.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2022-05-19T03:02:49Z
SIGH. Whatta thread. So much angst.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2022-05-19T13:17:29Z

Looks like Henry Black just signed with the Giants.

I never liked that guy anyway!
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
2022-05-19T18:01:42Z

Bill Huber just confirmed this on Tweeter that Allen Lazard has NOT signed the tender. This now makes sense why no one has a transaction stating he signed it. Because, he hasn't, lol. I guess the only thing that was confusing was someone staunchly stating he had signed it when fact is, he hasn't. At least we got that little nugget resolved.

I dunno why, maybe blind homerism, but I think the receiving corps is going to be a pleasant surprise.

I hope you're right. Each passing year our window is getting shorter
blank