Zero2Cool
3 years ago
How can anyone have a GAME-BY-GAME record prediction in May!??! Who the hell know and who the hell cares. Let's see what we got.

2020 Opponents

Home ( 7 - 1 )
  1. W - Detroit Lions
  2. W - Atlanta Falcons
  3. W - Minnesota Vikings
  4. W - Jacksonville Jaguars
  5. W - Chicago Bears
  6. W - Philadelphia Eagles
  7. W - Carolina Panthers
  8. L - Tennessee Titans

Away ( 2 - 6 )
  1. L - Minnesota Vikings
  2. L - New Orleans Saints
  3. L - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  4. L - Houston Texans
  5. L - San Francisco 49ers
  6. L - Indianapolis Colts
  7. W - Detroit Lions
  8. W - Chicago Bears

This blends with what I'm thinking about the Packers in 2020. I'm thinking we have probably a ~10 win team so predicting them to go 9-7 right now goes with that. I wanted to put a W by the Buccaneers, but Aaron Rodgers has played like horseshit two out of three times in Tampa Bay.

So that's my early thoughts on the schedule. What is your game-by-game prediction?

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Home
Lose to Atlanta and Philadelphia
Win the rest
6-2
Away
Beat Tampa, Houston and Indianapolis.
3-5

9-7
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
3 years ago
HOME

Detroit Lions............W
Atlanta Falcons........W
[Minnesota Vikings...W
Jacksonville Jaguars.W
Chicago Bears............W
Philadelphia Eagles.....W
Carolina Panthers.......W
Tennessee Titans.......W

AWAY

Minnesota Vikings.......W
New Orleans Saints.......L
Tampa Bay Buccaneers.W
Houston Texans.............L
San Francisco 49ers.......L
Indianapolis Colts..........W
Detroit Lions...................W
Chicago Bears.................L

Win at home, split on the road.
12-4
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
I agree game by game with the exception of an away win at Houston

2020 Opponents

Home ( 7 - 1 )
[list=1]
  • W - Detroit Lions
  • W - Atlanta Falcons
  • W - Minnesota Vikings
  • W - Jacksonville Jaguars
  • W - Chicago Bears
  • W - Philadelphia Eagles
  • W - Carolina Panthers
  • L - Tennessee Titans
  • [/list]Away ( 3 - 5 )
    [list=1]
  • L - Minnesota Vikings
  • L - New Orleans Saints
  • L - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • W - Houston Texans
  • L - San Francisco 49ers
  • L - Indianapolis Colts
  • W - Detroit Lions
  • W - Chicago Bears
  • [/list]

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago

2020 Opponents

Home ( 7 - 1 )
    1. W - Detroit Lions
    2. W - Atlanta Falcons
    3. W - Minnesota Vikings
    4. W - Jacksonville Jaguars
    5. W - Chicago Bears
    6. L - Philadelphia Eagles
    7. W - Carolina Panthers
    8. W - Tennessee Titans

Away ( 5 - 3 )
    1. L - Minnesota Vikings
    2. L - New Orleans Saints
    3. W - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4. W - Houston Texans
    5. L - San Francisco 49ers
    6. W - Indianapolis Colts
    7. W - Detroit Lions
    8. W - Chicago Bears

12-4. I can see them pulling the upset in NO and beating Phil but 15-1 is a bit much.
    UserPostedImage
    3 years ago
    2020 Opponents

Home ( 8-0 )

W - Detroit Lions
    W - Atlanta Falcons
    W - Minnesota Vikings
    W - Jacksonville Jaguars
    W - Chicago Bears
    W - Philadelphia Eagles---toss-up
    W - Carolina Panthers
    W - Tennessee Titans

Away ( 4-4 )

L - Minnesota Vikings- toss-up, but if they win this game, they win at the Saints
    W - New Orleans Saints- see Vikings game
    L - Tampa Bay Buccaneers- coming out off our bye week, their TE will have a big day
    W - Houston Texans
    L - San Francisco 49ers- when will they get the monkey off their back?
    W- Indianapolis Colts- Rivers may be on the bench by this game, but it makes no difference
    W - Detroit Lions
    W - Chicago Bears- they will be coming off their week 11 bye.

12-4 or 11-5, I do not see a 10-6 record or worse. That week 5 bye sucks, but at least the last 8 games should be wins.
    They win the NFC North.......
    beast
    3 years ago
    I prefer doing it in order... or I'll break it down by quarter I guess.

A LOT depends on how healthy we stay… last year the Packers had one of the easiest schedules and they were able to stay one of the healthiest teams. This schedule is much tougher, but how healthy do they stay?

2020 Opponents

1st Quarter ( 2 - 2 this quarter)
    1. W - @ Minnesota Vikings
    2. L - Detroit Lions
    3. L - @ New Orleans Saints
    4. W - Atlanta Falcons

5. Packers usually don't start off 2-0, so I'm splitting the division games and say they start 1-1. I'm giving it to the Lions because they played the Packers extremely well and Packers were quite lucky to be 2-0 against them last season... also because Packers defensive front really kicked the Vikings OL butt last year. New Orleans is a tough place to play, and Packers struggled with good veteran QBs.

Bye Week

2nd Quarter ( 2 - 2 this quarter) - ( 4 - 4 overall)
      (toughest stretch, 3 road games, against 3 playoff teams and the reloaded Buccaneers)
    6. L - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    7. W - @ Houston Texans
    8. W - Minnesota Vikings
    9. L - @ San Francisco 49ers (Thursday Night)

10. Once again splitting the Vikings game, this time with the Bucs, and having them win one and lose one. I haven't been that impressed with the Texans and think their head coach becoming the GM is selling off the future for last season will lead to a decline for them over this and next season. Sadly I don't think the Packers have a shot against the 49ers on a short week game in San Francisco.

3rd Quarter ( 3 - 1 this quarter) - ( 7 - 5 overall)

11. W - Jacksonville Jaguars
    12. W -@ Indianapolis Colts
    13. W - Chicago Bears
    14. L - Philadelphia Eagles

15. The Packers lost to the Eagles, even when the Eagles were so dang banged up last year, in part because Eagles got a very good play caller and QB. Which is why I'm also thinking the Packers will probably also lose to the Colts since they now have Rivers, but the Packers probably luck one out at some point, so I'm going to keep that as a win for the Packers.

4th Quarter ( 3 - 1 this quarter) - ( 10 - 6 overall)
    16. W - @ Detroit Lions
    17. L - Carolina Panthers
    18. W - Tennessee Titans
    19. W - @ Chicago Bears

Packers get win back from the Lions... but the restocked Panthers give us trouble trying to cover their great RB.

So I got the Packers at 10-6 overall
    5-3 on both at home and on the road

But again, a lot depends on how healthy they're able to stay.
    UserPostedImage
    porky88
    3 years ago
    Like everyone, I think predicting games this far out is unrealistic.
    Like everyone, I am bored from the quarantine and feel like offering my outlook. 😊

@ Minnesota Vikings
    The Packers were 6-0 in the division last year. It’s hard to imagine that happening again in 2020. I like Minnesota’s roster. For the last 5 seasons, I think they’ve had among the best rosters in the NFC. They just can’t seem to put it together in the playoffs, however. Plus, only two division titles since 2015. They should have more. I believe this is due to their poor offensive line and inconsistent QB play. I think our pass rush could create issues for Kirk Cousins again. Nevertheless, edge goes to Minnesota in a close one.

(0-1)

Detroit Lions
    I am hoping to see a better showing against Detroit this time around than the two nail biters last year. The Lions’ defense was 28th in DVOA and they have a rookie CB playing in his second game going up against Aaron Rodgers and one of the best WRs in the league.

(1-1)

@ New Orleans Saints
    While I think this is the year Drew Brees and the Saints drop off, it is hard to win in New Orleans at night. Brees also does a good job of making quick decisions, which negates our rush. Edge goes to the Saints.

(1-2)

Atlanta Falcons
    The Falcons are my surprise team in 2020. They started 1-7 in 2019 but finished 6-2 in the second half of the season, including wins against San Francisco and New Orleans. The Packers always struggle to stop Julio Jones. Do we have enough firepower to keep pace? I am going to say no.

(1-3)

@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Now the pressure is on. I suspect most will leave the Packers buried heading into this game, but they really matchup well with Tampa Bay. We can rush the passer and the Bucs weakness is their offensive line. Oh, they also have a stationary QB that cannot extend plays. With the season on the line, I think this is the upset that jump-starts the season.

(2-3)

@ Houston Texans
    The Texans are an above average team that benefits from playing in a bad division. They were 20th in DVOA and 26th in defense (per DVOA). I like the Packers getting back to even with a strong performance from the offense, while the defense has the edge defenders to contain a mobile QB like DeShaun Watson.

(3-3)

Minnesota Vikings
    The game is in Lambeau and a streaking Packers team will have confidence coming off back-to-back wins. I do not see Minnesota having an answer to Rodgers, Jones, and Adams in Lambeau. Plus, our pass rush will step up against Cousins.

(4-3)

@ San Francisco 49ers (Thursday Night)
    The schedule makers weren’t kind to the Packers. They play a divisional foe and then four days later are playing the physical menace that is San Francisco in California.

(4-4)

Jacksonville Jaguars
    The Jaguars are rebuilding and likely aiming to draft Trevor Lawrence. This should be a resounding victory.

(5-4)

@ Indianapolis Colts
    Everybody talks about Philip Rivers, but the Colts have a productive running game. The Packers didn’t address their run defense in the off-season, and it will bite them somewhere. I vote this game due to Marlon Mack and Jonathan Taylor.

(5-5)

Chicago Bears
    This will be a big game in the standings. The Bears are better than people believe, but I suspect the Packers’ defense can carry them at home.

(6-5)

Philadelphia Eagles
    The Packers should be able to handle the Eagles at home this time around. First, I thought they outplayed the Eagles last season. They struggled inside the red zone, which was kind of a fluke. I wanted Philly instead of Seattle in the playoffs last season. The Seahawks scared me more. This time around you have a more well-defined Green Bay offense and a defense that does play well at home. The Eagles game was the lone exception. More important, the Eagles will be coming off a Monday night game against a feisty Seattle. Six days later, they travel north to play a December game at Lambeau. Unlike the San Francisco game, this is one example of the schedule makers doing the Pack a favor.

(7-5)

@ Detroit Lions
    There really is no reason why the Packers shouldn’t beat the Lions in both games. The Packers have the better roster, quarterback, coaching staff, and defense.

(8-5)

Carolina Panthers
    It is December and it’s Lambeau Field. If Aaron Rodgers is healthy, then Green Bay is going to be dangerous in this game. The Panthers are going to struggle on offense, as Teddy Bridgewater lacks vertical options in the passing game.

(9-5)

Tennessee Titans
    I worry about the Packers facing Tennessee and Derrick Henry in a cold game. It is hard enough to tackle. With that said, the Packers have a better roster. Henry will gain his yards, but Green Bay should be able to counter with Aaron Jones. Additionally, I don’t think the Titans have an answer to Davante Adams. I hope he is healthy for this one.

(10-5)

@ Chicago Bears
    The Bears will be playing for their playoff lives, given that a 7th playoff team is now permittable to the postseason. I also like their defense to stymie the Packers. Whatever you think of the Bears, you cannot deny they have an athletic defense full of playmakers. Their defensive DVOA was 8.

(10-6)

I felt the Packers overachieved in 2019 and I suspect they come back to earth in 2019 due to a tougher schedule and getting less breaks. Seeing them land in the 9 to 11-win range feels right.
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    Quite impressive porky
    UserPostedImage
    KRK
    • KRK
    • Veteran Member
    3 years ago
    Wow Porky, that was Nerdmann like....and I mean that in a very complementary way

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (12h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (15h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (18h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (21h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (22h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.