MintBaconDrivel
8 years ago

In the hours after Letroy Guion was taken to a Florida jail on Feb. 3, after the odor of marijuana and plumes of smoke prompted a search of his 2015 Dodge Ram during a traffic stop for swerving across the centerline, after he was handcuffed for turning hostile as officers found a gun, three-quarters of a pound of pot and $190,000 in cash, Guion's father stood outside the Starke Police Department.

Letroy Guion Sr. was greeted by two of the officers, who recognized him based on past dealings with the department. That included a string of seven cocaine convictions, most of them for dealing.

He asked the officers about the charges being brought against his son, a defensive lineman for the Green Bay Packers. They explained that Guion, 28, was facing two felonies for marijuana possession and a gun charge.

Guion Sr. laughed and, according to an arrest report, said: "Well, I'll be honest, every time he comes down he always brings the best weed you ever smoked in your life."

Continue Reading @ JSOnline 

JSOnline wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
I didn't really get the point of the article. All they did was dig up old stuff that was public record anyways... That article may have been relevant back in the offseason when he got in trouble or if there was some new information but why write it now 6 weeks into the season. It doesn't really serve any purpose.
Barfarn
8 years ago

I didn't really get the point of the article. All they did was dig up old stuff that was public record anyways... That article may have been relevant back in the offseason when he got in trouble or if there was some new information but why write it now 6 weeks into the season. It doesn't really serve any purpose.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

And it was timed to hit bye week, so the article didn't get buried by other packer news.

Journalism is dead in America; It's all about the sensational negative story trying to stir emotion. Cohen is trying to make a name and he could care less how many bodies he leaves behind. I say Letroy should dig up and publish some sh!t from Cohen's past...He'd be a hero amongst all players like when Seinfeld heckled that lady at her work.
Barfarn
8 years ago
I just read the article, it’s a 100% hack piece. The domestic violence stuff is based only on police reports, which are never considered trustworthy in court and should be considered less so when coming from a redneck police depart like Starke’s.

So according to the police report Letroy’s dad, who has 7 coke convictions came to station and told 2 white cops that to be honest my son always brings down the best weed you’ve ever smoked. Really? I’m sorry, but anyone who believes that is this not only a moron but is probably a BIGOT as well! How come Cohen didn’t ask Letroy’s dad if the report was accurate? Methinks Cohen got a little agenda here. What did Guion snub you on an interview, you little pissant?

Of course normally, 1 white cop enters stuff in a police report concerning a Black person; but this second white cop had to come in and add the stuff about dad.

Starke has a population of 5,400 people 2/3 white; but cops 90+% white.

Supposedly informants told the mostly white Starke police department for years that Guion was involved in the drug trade. And so very lucky; on Feb. 3, 2015, Guion just happen to cross the median when a cop is behind him; and as he was driving behind he could smell pot coming from the vehicle. Why is this guy not working in an airport as a sniff dog?

Oh and looky here:

August 31, 2015 traffic stop 49 in 30; cop smelled pot for probable cause; found 3.5 ounces of heroin; paraphernalia; and resisted arrest. But no pot found.

May 7, 2015 after a vehicle accident the cop noticed the strong odor of cannabis found 2.5 pounds of coke gun and $1100 and he too “resisted arrest.” So let me set the scene: Car gets into an accident and driver has a gun and 2.5 pounds of coke in the car; but while waiting for the cops to come, he’s sittin’ in his car smoking a blunt; but he must have just finished it up because no pot was found.

In 6 months, 3 black guys arrested, and all resisted arrest, who just happen to be smoking pot just as they cops were nearby. In a town of 5400 people? Cohen is a hack douchebag.
nyrpack
8 years ago
next !!

jimmy b.
isocleas2
8 years ago
Most of this stuff was talked about in the offseason when he got in trouble so I don't feel like playing in the dirt again. Guion like alot of players has some skeletons in his closet but all this stuff was known when the Packers signed him so they must feel he's worth the 2nd chance.

Cops saying they smell pot has gotta be the easiest probable cause they can think of, when it gets legalized cops are going to start pulling their hair out at the thought of having to do real police work again 😛. I had a friend who was driving through South Dakota back to Minnesota and a trooper pulled him over and said he smelled marijuana, they ran the dogs (who got a hit), tore his truck up and found nothing then left him to pick it all up. Its all a sad joke imo.
beast
8 years ago

I just read the article, it’s a 100% hack piece. The domestic violence stuff is based only on police reports, which are never considered trustworthy in court and should be considered less so when coming from a redneck police depart like Starke’s.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The "redneck" comments and attacking of the police department sound almost as biased as Cohen article itself.

Your "redneck police depart" had no criminal charges  filed against Guion for the claims of "domestic violence" even though good seeming unbiased reports suggest Guion pushed Troutman (his ex gf / mother of his child) and struck Holland (her new boyfriend) . In other words the police department reported claims of those involved but didn't see/feel Guion cross the law enough to press any charges against him, most likely because they used police discretion to determine it was mutual wrongs and could be stopped simply by forcing them get away from each other. I believe a true redneck department would of simple filed charges against all involved... because you can.

Also Cohen please note the date of those articles, MONTHS before yours...

So according to the police report Letroy’s dad, who has 7 coke convictions came to station and told 2 white cops that to be honest my son always brings down the best weed you’ve ever smoked. Really? I’m sorry, but anyone who believes that is this not only a moron but is probably a BIGOT as well!

So people are a moron and probably a bigot to think Guion's father can be a smartass and humorous?

People are smartasses to police officers all the time (when not in a serious moment)... and that would be a great jab at an officer; being humorous about a serious event is often done by a lot of people. I known a couple of people who have similar things to police officers... including one (jokingly) admitting to having illegal items in his car if the police officer would like to check it... the officers decline knowing he was (probably) joking.... and the article did say Guion laughed about it.

Guion Sr. laughed and... said: "Well, I'll be honest, every time he comes down he always brings the best weed you ever smoked in your life."

Main article above wrote:

It's fun pulling law enforcement chain... as long as they don't pull back (to hard).
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

The "redneck" comments and attacking of the police department sound almost as biased as Cohen article itself.

Your "redneck police depart" had no criminal charges  filed against Guion for the claims of "domestic violence" even though good seeming unbiased reports suggest Guion pushed Troutman (his ex gf / mother of his child) and struck Holland (her new boyfriend) . In other words the police department reported claims of those involved but didn't see/feel Guion cross the law enough to press any charges against him, most likely because they used police discretion to determine it was mutual wrongs and could be stopped simply by forcing them get away from each other. I believe a true redneck department would of simple filed charges against all involved... because you can.

Also Cohen please note the date of those articles, MONTHS before yours...

So people are a moron and probably a bigot to think Guion's father can be a smartass and humorous?

People are smartasses to police officers all the time (when not in a serious moment)... and that would be a great jab at an officer; being humorous about a serious event is often done by a lot of people. I known a couple of people who have similar things to police officers... including one (jokingly) admitting to having illegal items in his car if the police officer would like to check it... the officers decline knowing he was (probably) joking.... and the article did say Guion laughed about it.

It's fun pulling law enforcement chain... as long as they don't pull back (to hard).

Originally Posted by: beast 

I love ya Beast; in a town of 5000, in 6 months, 3 arrests; all black, all resisted arrest, all smoking pot that the cops smelled. In Guion's case the cop was driving behind Guion and smelled it [really?]; in another a guy got into an accident w/ felony coke and a gun; so it took what 10-15 minutes for the cop to get there, maybe longer [accident was after 5PM and the regular hours of the SPD is M-F 8:30-3:00, so any 911 or call to SPD would go to the Bradford County Sheriff]. And this guy wasn't looking to toss that coke into a prairie and/or couldn't air the pot smell out of his car?

And I think you're reading the situation a little wrong there [not that i now for sure]: The redneck cops do the rednecked things; the Bradford County prosecutor, who's a little more intelligent, more sensitive to politics, knows that prosecutorial misconduct on top of the redneckism may bring in the Feds or civil rights organizations. The prosecutor knows a guy like Guion may hire a stud and the SPD will be eviscerated for their profiling and unconstitutional tactics. So he did his best to sweep it under the rug.

And you bet I'm biased; I loathe dirty cops [those that think themselves above the law or worse]. But my bias doesnt change the facts!

And a reporter using police reports to try to paint a picture of what occurred is 100% hack journalism. I loathe little b1tch hack reporters, too. 😂 but, again that doesn't change the fact that Cohen had an unsavory agenda. Its journalism 101, it's supposed to be fair and balanced, at the very least ya got to get fight to get both sides of the story. An article like that should never leave the impression that Guion actually did hit his girlfriend, simply because of police reports.

Guion Sr, 7 arrests on coke, is not gonna be joking w/ cops about this! The article said Guion Sr was laughing; not Guion; but you dont print something like that unless you talk to Gioun Sr.

'it's garbage"
beast
8 years ago

In Guion's case the cop was driving behind Guion and smelled it [really?]

You're probably missing a couple of steps there... liking pulling Guion over for something else, parking the car and getting out of it but I'm sure you know that.

The prosecutor knows a guy like Guion may hire a stud and the SPD will be eviscerated for their profiling and unconstitutional tactics. So he did his best to sweep it under the rug.

Interesting conspiracy theory... but the plain facts that first time offender programs have been growing larger and larger where people just get a slap on the wrist for their first offense is a lot more likely and the program Guion lawyer got him in.

But my bias doesnt change the facts!

Problem is those are theories... not facts.

And a reporter using police reports to try to paint a picture of what occurred is 100% hack journalism. I loathe little b1tch hack reporters, too. 😂 but, again that doesn't change the fact that Cohen had an unsavory agenda. Its journalism 101, it's supposed to be fair and balanced, at the very least ya got to get fight to get both sides of the story. An article like that should never leave the impression that Guion actually did hit his girlfriend, simply because of police reports.

I completely agree... I believe it just meant someone claimed that... not that is what really happened which is a huge difference...

And I believe I've read somewhere it was his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend that made the claim and no the ex-girlfriend, but I can't seem to find that now.

Guion Sr, 7 arrests on coke, is not gonna be joking w/ cops about this! The article said Guion Sr was laughing; not Guion; but you dont print something like that unless you talk to Gioun Sr.

I know it was Guion dad was the one laughing, I just forgot to type "dad" above...

If someone is laughing I believe they could be making a joke about something, and I've personally seen people (who have been arrested at least 5 times that I know about) make jokes like that to police officers. So I've personally seen it happen, so I believe it could happen in other cases too... some people love being smartasses and on a smartass level it would be pretty funny if he said that to the cops.

That's not to say Guion's dad would do that (as I clearly don't know him), but I wouldn't be shocked if others have.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago
Well....sadly, if this stuff was written about a current Viking or Bears player, most of us would be yelling to "hang him!"
But because it's one of "our" guys, we want it to go away.
The Packers kept him even though he pulled some real crap. That kind of surprises me, as we always here about "Packer people".
Think about this:had there not been video of Ray Rice punching the woman, no one would have known and maybe he would keep doing that kind of garbage.
Guion? Did he punch a woman? I don't know, as there was no video. But he has shown some very negative stuff about himself, with the gun, money and enough pot to stay high for several months.
Has he straightened up his life? I don't know. I hope so.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (17h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (19h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (22h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (23h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.