PackerTraxx
10 years ago

We won't be raping Billicheat any time soon. No way he gives up a first, yet alone a second rounder for Finley. But that doesn't mean the Pats aren't going to be desperate. I say we keep Finley and let him have a monster year. Quarless wants his job and it should be a major battle this season for the big contract and the starting TE position next year.

Also, I really want to see some double tight end sets to see if we can force eight in the box, and be able to run the ball. If successful, it should lead to some very successful play action long passes downfield versus 1 on 1 coverage.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I agree with what you say. Bill usually gets more than he gives. But on this one... no pay...no get...would be my attitude. This may be the first time the Pats have been in this much of a need position. With the Parcell's and Martin moves they were able to stock pile a bunch of high picks and were a pretty good team to begin with. Therefore, they could be choosy about making trades and usually didn't unless it was in their favor. Hopefully, those days are gone for the Pats.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
DakotaT
10 years ago

I think Packers fans really lack proper appreciation for what Jermichael Finley brings to the Packers offense. I don't think his value to the offense should be discarded because he's prone to saying harmless comments that get blown out of proportion by the media and fans.

I find it a bit ironic that fans whine about how vague coaches are with their statements, yet when a player is blunt and speaks his mind he's a villain.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Agreed.

Finley is probably our top whipping boy due to his arrogance. We forget what shitheads we all were in our early 20's. That said, what Packer fan suggests trading our top player at a position, ever? Hell we can't even have a decent discussion when the time comes to discuss cutting an aging, declining player.

I don't necessarily like showboating players. I think celebrating a 1st down catch is ridiculous, what is the difference between when Driver does it versus Finley? Their drops are about the same, why is Driver a God and Finley a goat?

I like Finley because he is talented. I think when he came back from injury he was buck shy which affected his concentration. He didn't trust his knee yet. Towards the end of last season, we started seeing the player we thought we had in 2009. Let's give him another year to see what we truly have.

I'd rather trade some of our other "ample" talent not named Quarless for some lower picks.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
10 years ago

I think Packers fans really lack proper appreciation for what Jermichael Finley brings to the Packers offense. I don't think his value to the offense should be discarded because he's prone to saying harmless comments that get blown out of proportion by the media and fans.

I find it a bit ironic that fans whine about how vague coaches are with their statements, yet when a player is blunt and speaks his mind he's a villain.

Important to the Packers offense or not, we're talking about a first and second round pick. That's insane. It's not going to happen, it's not worth trading him for a second round pick and I still don't think a first, but both?

Addressing DakotaT's post, if you want lower picks, you can probably count on Ted to turn a first and a second into at least six 3rd round or later picks. What are you going to get for our other TEs? And what do we need more, talented big TEs with above average receiving talent and below average blocking, or below average receiving TEs with above average blocking?
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Important to the Packers offense or not, we're talking about a first and second round pick. That's insane. It's not going to happen, it's not worth trading him for a second round pick and I still don't think a first, but both?

Addressing DakotaT's post, if you want lower picks, you can probably count on Ted to turn a first and a second into at least six 3rd round or later picks. What are you going to get for our other TEs? And what do we need more, talented big TEs with above average receiving talent and below average blocking, or below average receiving TEs with above average blocking?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

The only players I wouldn't trade for a 1st AND 2nd are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews III.

Finley is more valuable to the Packers offense than a 2014 2nd round pick.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

The only players I wouldn't trade for a 1st AND 2nd are Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews III.

Finley is more valuable to the Packers offense than a 2014 2nd round pick.

I'd bet Zero's left nut that the Packers won't be getting NE's 2014 1st round pick for Finley.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

We won't be raping Billicheat any time soon.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Why not? ... Ted Thompson does it every so often... (about every 3 years).

2006 draft: Patriots trade up in the second round grabbing super hyped WR Chad Jackson, Packers fans go crazy and become pissed off... they wanted the hyped guy! And fans later complain about Ted Thompson then picking up some no named guy after that.
Ted Thompson picked up picks #52 (WR Greg Jennings 👅 ) and #75 (C/G Jason Spitz) ... Jackson goes on to play two years with the Patriots before being cut.

2009 draft: Ted Thompson trades a 2nd, and two 3rd round picks to the Patriots for picks #26 (OLB Clay Matthews [happy] ) and #162 (OT Jamon Meredith who busted)

2012 draft: Ted Thompson trades his 3rd and 5th round picks to the Patriots for pick number #62 (CB Casey Hayward 👍 ) and in an odd twist Ted Thompson later trade back for the 5th round pick and got ILB Manning with it.

Of course all of those where during the draft, not post draft... and Ted Thompson doesn't seem to like to trade away players... but watching and waiting for 2015 draft trade with the Patriots already 😂 [rockon]
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.