Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I need to make one thing abundantly clear. No one, and I stress NO ONE can ruin your happiness, your enjoyment or the like unless YOU allow them to. With that said, those whom have reached out to me, thank you, I appreciate it. Understand this, it was more about me, than anyone or anything else.

I do not see you as user names on the internet. I see you as someone whom I look up to as the big brother I never had and selfishly depend on to set me straight when I get out of line. I see you as someone who lost their father and suffered through a difficult marriage with an alcoholic. I see you as a parent who had to endure the pain and everyday fear that you may lose a precious child. I see you as someone who recently lost a parent and on the surface handled it better than I am. I see you as a person who has suffered many family losses, open heart surgery and financial difficulties who still smiles every day. I see your pride in your military son. I see you as a proud military person who lost a close member to your family. I see you as someone who offered me several hundred dollars for no good reason whatsoever. I see another proud military person who I mistakenly said a “your wife” joke to failing to realize your wife passed away. To this day I feel bad about that. I could go on and on… the point is … you are not some String of characters to me. There is a person behind that user name and I never forget that. And yes, there are moments I am weak and let it get to me that you do not realize that behind Zero2Cool is a proud father worried shitless of failing his girls, a son striving ever so hard not to disappoint his parents, an over protective big brother, … a person.

We all have trials and tribulations and how we handle them is of our own choosing and I choose not to disclose much of my personal life or hardships to anyone. They are mine and mine alone and I will resolve my conflicts on my own. I have a plethora of reasons behind this and I do not foresee anyone ever changing that. As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I do not make the same mistake twice.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
That is one of the reasons I like it when we posts comments to:
Jeremy, Kevin, Troy, Shawn, Alan and so on.

As I said on the viking page I thought of Alan on my way past his exit. If I had more time I would have tried to catch up with you on Saturday. And I think about others outside of this narrow window as I know they do too.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

And yes, there are moments I am weak and let it get to me that you do not realize that behind Zero2Cool is a proud father worried shitless of failing his girls, a son striving ever so hard not to disappoint his parents, an over protective big brother, … a person.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I can't speak for all members here.. but many of us don't forget that you are Kevin.

Sometimes it is lost in the medium.. sometimes it isn't said often.. and sometimes it is lost in the moment is discussions.

Just because we may disagree at times.. doesn't mean that I don't respect the other member. Just because sometimes it is a discussion upon facts or understanding.. doesn't mean it is trying to show up the other. Sometime it is a conversation upon the understanding of facts.. or the misreading or poor presentation of thoughts or comments.

And sometimes.. we can't tell what the others are feeling that day and fail to yield the jokes or jest. Some days, the jest is fine.. the next it is the cause for discontent because of other factors. That is the only problem with this media.. it doesn't frame to context of the posts or read the body language of the other that a personal conversation may. I know I crack on buddies all the time in face to face discussions.. and sometimes I forget that this media lacks some of those more personal elements. I try to remember to use the icons to support that when the intent is to joke or jest.

Example.. I completely missed Zombie's sarcasm in a post.. I responded with a brutal assault on his pass happy ass.. never hit the post button, but wanted to drop it on him. In place I went with a much milder approach and it was deemed it was a failure on my part to interpret his sarcasm. I knew he wasn't serious because of his thousands of posts but just the same I disagreed with his concept.. and it irritates me to no end that I cannot get him to see the light. [grin1]
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I can't speak for all members here.. but many of us don't forget that you are Kevin.

Sometimes it is lost in the medium.. sometimes it isn't said often.. and sometimes it is lost in the moment is discussions.

Just because we may disagree at times.. doesn't mean that I don't respect the other member. Just because sometimes it is a discussion upon facts or understanding.. doesn't mean it is trying to show up the other. Sometime it is a conversation upon the understanding of facts.. or the misreading or poor presentation of thoughts or comments.

And sometimes.. we can't tell what the others are feeling that day and fail to yield the jokes or jest. Some days, the jest is fine.. the next it is the cause for discontent because of other factors. That is the only problem with this media.. it doesn't frame to context of the posts or read the body language of the other that a personal conversation may. I know I crack on buddies all the time in face to face discussions.. and sometimes I forget that this media lacks some of those more personal elements. I try to remember to use the icons to support that when the intent is to joke or jest.

Example.. I completely missed Zombie's sarcasm in a post.. I responded with a brutal assault on his pass happy ass.. never hit the post button, but wanted to drop it on him. In place I went with a much milder approach and it was deemed it was a failure on my part to interpret his sarcasm. I knew he wasn't serious because of his thousands of posts but just the same I disagreed with his concept.. and it irritates me to no end that I cannot get him to see the light. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

that is because he is a douche. mandatory smilie here. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

and it irritates me to no end that I cannot get him to see the light. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I know that feeling too well.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago

That is one of the reasons I like it when we posts comments to:
Jeremy, Kevin, Troy, Shawn, Alan and so on.

As I said on the viking page I thought of Alan on my way past his exit. If I had more time I would have tried to catch up with you on Saturday. And I think about others outside of this narrow window as I know they do too.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I was thinking of you as i watched the game!!!
I kept thinking: "I bet Wayne is LOVING this game!!!"
I'm glad you got to enjoy it in person![grin1]
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
11 years ago

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I do not make the same mistake twice.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Actually, it's fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
I never make the same mistake the same way twice.

I just make it bigger the second time. 😞 [wallme] [palm]

For a smart person, I'm an incredible moron.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rockmolder
11 years ago

Actually, it's fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

Didn't The Who write a song about that?

Anyway, good post, Kevin. I haven't been around that much the last few months, but from the time I joined as a barely English speaking, not having a clue about football boy a few years ago, it's always felt like more than just some forum.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Didn't The Who write a song about that?

Anyway, good post, Kevin. I haven't been around that much the last few months, but from the time I joined as a barely English speaking, not having a clue about football boy a few years ago, it's always felt like more than just some forum.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

and you think you have changed? 🤐 🙄 [duh]

😆
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.