DakotaT
12 years ago

One HUGE difference Dakota. A "Trust Fund Baby" did not go out of his/her way to be set up in that position. Most likely it was due to the hard work of the parents or grandparents. Most likely they will lose the money in their lifetime which I have no problem with.

On the other hand the welfare rats have gone out of their way to suckle from the Federal Trough.

Trust Babies are taking from their family funds. welfare rats are stealing from everyone.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The welfare rats were born with 2.5 strikes against them coming out of the fucking woom. I think all of you that whine about welfare should just stop paying your income. You're so fucking adament that the underbelly of society is what drags us all down, then just cut the Federal government off at the source.

I will always stick up for the little guy - it is just how I am wired. I know what it is to be stuck in that life, and I sure as fuck am never going to be on board with tax cuts to thieves with no consciences and weak backs.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
I personally have no issue paying into the system for those that need it, those that either truly can't find a job or are incapable of working.

None. Never have and never will.

But every abuser, those that just don't want to work, yes those are the people I take direct issue with.

This country generates enough revenue that we have the duty to assist those that truly can't fend for themselves or that need short term help to get back on their feet. Completely agree with that practice.

But it should not entitle those that just don't want to work to just skate on the public dollar.

There lies the catch, to do the right thing and stop the abusers of said assistance, you need regulatory measures. Currently that is in the form of government.. which more so than not, are just another form of those abusers. They filter just as much out of the system and those receiving the help.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
12 years ago

The welfare rats were born with 2.5 strikes against them coming out of the fucking woom. I think all of you that whine about welfare should just stop paying your income. You're so fucking adament that the underbelly of society is what drags us all down, then just cut the Federal government off at the source.

I will always stick up for the little guy - it is just how I am wired. I know what it is to be stuck in that life, and I sure as fuck am never going to be on board with tax cuts to thieves with no consciences and weak backs.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

So why are you assuming that the 'welfare rats' were disadvantaged throughout life and were never given a fair chance to succeed, yet assume the trust fund babies never contribute anything to society? I know both sides of the argument here are talking in the extremes and painting their pictures with a very wide brush - Obviously there's a ton of people on welfare that simply got laid off because the business they worked for went under/etc and are legitimately trying to find other jobs. I think the difference here is that the trust fund babies didn't ask for money, yet those that exploit welfare are making an active choice. That doesn't mean we can't have sympathy for the unemployed and what's happened to them in life, but I don't have to have sympathy for their fraudulent behavior as it relates to gaming the welfare system. Being shat on in life is not an excuse to steal from others.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
well said Shawn.
Dakota, and yet a great many people with 2.5 strikes against them have got up off their butt and made something of themselves. I am not talking about those who go on to play professional sports or start some multi national company. I am pointing to those who get a job, buy a home (or not), get married and raise a family and in general contribute to the quality of their local community. I have respect for these people. none whatsoever for those who want to suck the tit all their lives and never even try to better themselves all the while pissing and moaning how tough they have it and how they deserve what they have and more.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
i take great offense to someone saying that because i will inherit a large sum of money some day that i'll do nothing but piss it away. you're damn right my parents worked their asses off for every penny they have & if you think i'm gonna live high on the hog, lose it all, & screw up that legacy, you are damn tootin wrong!!! in fact, i'm scared to pieces with the thought of that inheritance. what if somehow i do something wrong, make a bad investment, make a bad decision, whatever & lose some or all of it?!? i don't think i could live with myself if i did that.

i have investments & farmland that allow me to not have a 'real job'. some of it was from my parents & some of it was my own hard work - i cannot begin to express to you how much i appreciate that. the very fact that i don't have to go to work with a bunch of people i can't stand every day is something you can't put a price on. i owe the vast majority of that to my parents, their frugal ways, their wise decisions, but also because i am also frugal & will do anything i can to save a buck.

wow i went off on a tangent there. sorry.
welfare is a wonderful thing for those who need it. i have friends who have gone through some rough times, took assistance, & are doing much better now. i went to school with a kid whose father died when he was quite young, he had 2 sisters as well, & his mom worked harder than alot of men to provide for the children. in the end, they had to have assistance to help them along the way. all 3 kids are very successful now. it doesn't ALWAYS have to be a legacy from generation to generation with welfare - it's an individual family problem. to categorize people that way is just wrong.
dhazer
12 years ago
I've seen mothers actually go out and have another kid just because she would get more welfare.I also know a woman that is 38 yrs old and never worked a day in her life because she collects 1200 a month from social security because she is Bipolar and that i guess means she can't work. Shit like that pisses me off she can walk,talk and can use both arms just fine, but gets this because this bs disease. Bipolar give me a damn break, so in other words you might get crabby on some days and get over it and be happy. There used to be a family in my old town that was always on welfare and those kids would have the new Jordan shoes and the best clothes and I was stuck with hand me downs because my mom and dad worked their asses off just to get by.

I still say that if your on welfare you should have to get a random drug test every month. Watch how much would be cutoff then.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I appreciate Dakota's replies here. Although I do believe that there are plenty of lazy folks working the system and living off of us taxpayers, in the big picture, they are NOTHING compared to the robbery us taxpayers by the banks a few years back.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
12 years ago
my uncle is bipolar/manic depressive. yes, he can walk, talk, & move around just fine. however, the meds he's on are constantly changing because his mental health is constantly changing. with each change comes a huge new problem of side effects. when he's manic, he thinks he can conquer the world, become a pro golfer, become a pro skiier, & well you get the picture. when he's depressed, he's suicidal, will threaten my aunt, & is pretty much worthless.

how'd you like to have HIM as a co-worker? disabled? you bet your ass he's disabled. he is NOT a fully functioning human being 90% of the time. he may look like he could have a job but he can't. and he was a pharmacist for some major hospitals in colorado at one time. scary, eh?

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

i take great offense to someone saying that because i will inherit a large sum of money some day that i'll do nothing but piss it away. you're damn right my parents worked their asses off for every penny they have & if you think i'm gonna live high on the hog, lose it all, & screw up that legacy, you are damn tootin wrong!!! in fact, i'm scared to pieces with the thought of that inheritance. what if somehow i do something wrong, make a bad investment, make a bad decision, whatever & lose some or all of it?!? i don't think i could live with myself if i did that.

i have investments & farmland that allow me to not have a 'real job'. some of it was from my parents & some of it was my own hard work - i cannot begin to express to you how much i appreciate that. the very fact that i don't have to go to work with a bunch of people i can't stand every day is something you can't put a price on. i owe the vast majority of that to my parents, their frugal ways, their wise decisions, but also because i am also frugal & will do anything i can to save a buck.

wow i went off on a tangent there. sorry.
welfare is a wonderful thing for those who need it. i have friends who have gone through some rough times, took assistance, & are doing much better now. i went to school with a kid whose father died when he was quite young, he had 2 sisters as well, & his mom worked harder than alot of men to provide for the children. in the end, they had to have assistance to help them along the way. all 3 kids are very successful now. it doesn't ALWAYS have to be a legacy from generation to generation with welfare - it's an individual family problem. to categorize people that way is just wrong.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

So Julie is going to be rich someday? Hmm.

Peoria, huh?

(leer)
[grin1]

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
12 years ago

I appreciate Dakota's replies here. Although I do believe that there are plenty of lazy folks working the system and living off of us taxpayers, in the big picture, they are NOTHING compared to the robbery us taxpayers by the banks a few years back.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I believe that abled bodied people should work. But I realize there are a lot of messed up people out there and until we really dive into this subject and identify what a welfare case is, I just react to a complainer as a person with a good life beating down poor people because they don't think they should have to pay taxes, which is just fucking retarded because most of their taxes go to floating our empire around the world.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (18h) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (18h) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (23h) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-May / Around The NFL / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.