Announcement Submit your NFL Pick'em Week One picks for 2024 Season! Click HERE
Zero2Cool
4 months ago
Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
4 months ago

Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We can run some more mock drafts to account for the potential of this position shift. 🤪
4 months ago
if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
4 months ago

if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

What Martha said...

It seems stupid to put your most talented OL player at the least valuable OL position. You want your best guys at the most valuable positions.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 months ago
As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
4 months ago

As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

As a draft guy, this doesn't feel like a draft smokescreen, as you would be doing a smoke screen at one of the most important positions, not Center. Drafting a Center in the 1st round is a surprise on its own, you don't need a smoke screen for that.

In fact, this would probably hurt draft wise, as if your moving Tom to Center, that means you need OT, the more valuable positions more, and more likely to be drafted in the 1st.

Unless maybe you wanted teams to think you're going OL and you have desire of going OL high. But that's assuming the teams will buy the BS to start with...

To me, this seems more like a smokescreen to get the media distracted and off your back, give them some red meat to focus on, shut up and leave you alone...

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago
I kind of wonder what they saw through 2023 that made them think, hey, let's move our RT to C. Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

For whatever reason it seems plausible to me to see G and C being interchanged. It even makes sense to bump RG to RT or LG or LT. But going from T to C? Nope. It just doesn't compute.
UserPostedImage
4 months ago

...Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I would think the crazy thing is he's got all those LT starts in college and we plunked him in over at RT. I'm solely going off what OL have stated about switching sides and how difficult it is. And that so many fans/coaches think it's simple. I think it was Josh Sitton who said to try wiping your ass with the other hand and that's the kind of adjustment you're dealing with.

You're basically used to doing things with one side of your body predominantly and now you have to train yourself out of those habits and training yourself into new habits. It does happen though. We see it every year with at least one OL somewhere in the league that gets flopped from one side to the other. Then that player gets released a year or so later or asks to be traded so he can play his "natural" position.

You would think that since you learned how to do something one way. And this is literally your job. You would be able to spend an offseason learning the other side. If they are going to move RT to LT, then I would say go into camp with that immediately. Don't let him go as RT and then regular season starts and flip him to LT. I feel a whole offseason simply gives the transition for the player more opportunity for success.
UserPostedImage
beast
4 months ago
I think it's extremely dependent on player. Some player can switch without much trouble, like Bryan Bulaga had no issues.

Other players have a lot of trouble. I think it's very dependent, and if the player is talented enough, I don't see the OT that different, and I'm surprised Zero2Cool didn't go with LG to RT, as that's one we recently saw.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Notre Dame? more like Notre Lame!
Martha Careful (1h) : it was great to see Northern Illinois upset Notre Dame at Notre Dame
Mucky Tundra (4h) : I mean, they traded for Willis after a year and a half of Clifford, seems pretty definitive
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : Do we with Clifford or Willis? You'd think Clifford has a better knowledge of the playbook
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Definitely filing that under the "I'm getting old" category
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Donald Drivers son Christian caught a TD pass playing for the University of Minnesota today.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers QB Jordan Love's initial timetable for return is in the 3-6 week range, per sources. And there's some early optimism he could return
Zero2Cool (11h) : Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when t
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : QB Malik Willis will be the only backup tonight behind Jordan Love vs. the Eagles.
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Packers gotta take shot on first series of game.
Martha Careful (6-Sep) : Amen...just squeezing more juice out of the orange.
dfosterf (6-Sep) : The Peacock streaming thing is irritating. So many sports bars don't have Peacock, but often the person answering the phone will say they do
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : So, today is game day??
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : what?
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Well speaking of shooting themselves in the foot
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : INT might be the jolt they need
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Ravens shooting themselves in the foot
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Apple Pie. My favorite. Been a while
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Maybe pie still, but no whipped cream, ice cream or milk. Imstead, you get someone else's left over beer from yesterday to go with your pie
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Pie is good. You get no pie and fewer wins in fantasy due to being inflexible
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I like pie.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Loved Gunnys. Never earned that particular rank. Neither did R Lee Armey from full metal jacket fame, but that is another story.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : He better be ready, willing, and able to kick everone's ass in a fight. My experience? They always are.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants are some of the baddest men on this earth. I was never one of those, fyi
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Oh, no dout
wpr (5-Sep) : Gunny, like you I earned my stripes. I'm proud of em.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Try helping the elderly and they disrespect ya all the way home.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Ouch!!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Improved your trade, Penguin.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Geezer smack talk. We have been reduced, lol
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Pot calling the kettle black
wpr (5-Sep) : Wild Cheesey. Just wild. Dfoster. put your teeth in dammit. You don't have to go through life gumming everything old man.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : am Gumby, dammit
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Trade offer up Batman. I
Cheesey (5-Sep) : I guess that makes me "The Joker!" LOL!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Peter Schrager predicts Packers DE Rashan Gary will win NFL Defensive Player of the Year
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I'm the Batman!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.