Zero2Cool
3 months ago
Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
3 months ago

Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We can run some more mock drafts to account for the potential of this position shift. šŸ¤Ŗ
3 months ago
if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
3 months ago

if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

What Martha said...

It seems stupid to put your most talented OL player at the least valuable OL position. You want your best guys at the most valuable positions.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 months ago
As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.
ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
3 months ago

As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

As a draft guy, this doesn't feel like a draft smokescreen, as you would be doing a smoke screen at one of the most important positions, not Center. Drafting a Center in the 1st round is a surprise on its own, you don't need a smoke screen for that.

In fact, this would probably hurt draft wise, as if your moving Tom to Center, that means you need OT, the more valuable positions more, and more likely to be drafted in the 1st.

Unless maybe you wanted teams to think you're going OL and you have desire of going OL high. But that's assuming the teams will buy the BS to start with...

To me, this seems more like a smokescreen to get the media distracted and off your back, give them some red meat to focus on, shut up and leave you alone...

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago
I kind of wonder what they saw through 2023 that made them think, hey, let's move our RT to C. Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

For whatever reason it seems plausible to me to see G and C being interchanged. It even makes sense to bump RG to RT or LG or LT. But going from T to C? Nope. It just doesn't compute.
UserPostedImage
3 months ago

...Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I would think the crazy thing is he's got all those LT starts in college and we plunked him in over at RT. I'm solely going off what OL have stated about switching sides and how difficult it is. And that so many fans/coaches think it's simple. I think it was Josh Sitton who said to try wiping your ass with the other hand and that's the kind of adjustment you're dealing with.

You're basically used to doing things with one side of your body predominantly and now you have to train yourself out of those habits and training yourself into new habits. It does happen though. We see it every year with at least one OL somewhere in the league that gets flopped from one side to the other. Then that player gets released a year or so later or asks to be traded so he can play his "natural" position.

You would think that since you learned how to do something one way. And this is literally your job. You would be able to spend an offseason learning the other side. If they are going to move RT to LT, then I would say go into camp with that immediately. Don't let him go as RT and then regular season starts and flip him to LT. I feel a whole offseason simply gives the transition for the player more opportunity for success.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 months ago
I think it's extremely dependent on player. Some player can switch without much trouble, like Bryan Bulaga had no issues.

Other players have a lot of trouble. I think it's very dependent, and if the player is talented enough, I don't see the OT that different, and I'm surprised Zero2Cool didn't go with LG to RT, as that's one we recently saw.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3m) : absolute banger of Olympic commentary
Mucky Tundra (4m) : @CCSewell ā€œVietnam, another country with very strong ties to Franceā€ might be my favourite bit of commentary so far
buckeyepackfan (5h) : Russ Ball is a genius when it comes to manipulating The Salary Cap hits on contracts!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : Not going to be as bad as some might think, this will look like a bargain in 2 years.
buckeyepackfan (5h) : 75mil signing bonus
buckeyepackfan (5h) : 77mil Signing Bonus, 155mil in new guarantees! Going to have to wait for the breakdown of the entire length of the contract .
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jordan Love and the Packers have agreed to a 4 year $220M contract
Martha Careful (10h) : Olympic opening ceremony is marginal at best
Zero2Cool (11h) : I was told that the hold up with Tua was the APY but they ironed it out and for Love, itā€™s been structure of the contract. -- Dianna Russini
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Tua and Love have the same agency, so things might be closer than we realize
Zero2Cool (12h) : Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa has agreed to a four-year contract extension worth $212.4 million, including $167 million in guarantees
Zero2Cool (12h) : Sounds like 4 year deal coming
Zero2Cool (12h) : Tua and Dolphins seem to have an extension in place.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @prettyrickey213 Today has been flippant šŸ¬. Now waiting for it to be cheesy šŸ§€
Zero2Cool (13h) : Jones, Ballentine and Jennings join practice off PUP
Zero2Cool (15h) : Yikes.
wpr (15h) : The injuries keep on coming. Lions K Michael Badgley tears hamstring, out for season.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Great, Jenkins is taking snaps at Center. Lovely. More OL mishaps
wpr (25-Jul) : Another one bites the dust. Rams CB Derion Kendrick feared to have torn ACL
Zero2Cool (25-Jul) : Vikings CB Mekhi Blackmon tore his ACL today, a source confirms.
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : You do know he's QB2, right? Pratt. Check the 53 cheat sheet
Mucky Tundra (24-Jul) : If Clifford keeps playing the way he has Pratt is gonna be flying by him on the depth chart
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Michael Pratt getting more first team reps than J.J. McCarthy
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Who made a prediction? I posted what it will be, not prediction mate! šŸ˜
dfosterf (24-Jul) : It is within.the realm of possibility that someone had Bowden on their depth chart prediction. I thought they did. Could be wrong
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Record Prediction?
dfosterf (24-Jul) : I think someone edited their prediction post after
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Jayden Reed cleared to practice
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Never heard of the dude before haha
Zero2Cool (24-Jul) : Bowden is trash, can't snap his way out of a wet paper bag!
beast (23-Jul) : I'm hoping they re-sign Bowden after Love signs and this is just a game to get a 3rd QB while Love isn't practicing
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : got older over *
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Glad to hear it! And Happy Birthday! My brothers had got over over weekend
Cheesey (23-Jul) : Hi Kevin! Yes, I'm still alive. Just turned 67 a few days ago.
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Alan has entered the building!!
dfosterf (23-Jul) : Cutting Bowden is odd. I do remember reading he needed to work on his velocity, but don't even know how fixable that is
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers signed a QB today
Zero2Cool (23-Jul) : Packers long snapper Peter Bowden has been released to sign Jacob Eason.
wpr (23-Jul) : I heard Reed tweeked his ankle and his youth camp.
beast (23-Jul) : I believe NJI is usually used for pre-NFL injuries (rookies) and vets that got injured doing something they weren't supposed to.
beast (23-Jul) : Might be interesting to hear how Reed got injured, as I believe NJI is non-football and teams don't have to pay you list.
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Love won't practice until new deal is agreed. Ok, my stance changed
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : TRAIIIIINNNNNING CAMP!!! let's fookin go!!!
Zero2Cool (22-Jul) : Jayden Reed placed on Non-Football Injury list
beast (21-Jul) : Yeah with the way the cap went up, don't be surprised if the new good QB gets more than $55 million per season
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Kenny Clark. Extended!!
buckeyepackfan (21-Jul) : The "raw" number will probably be in that area. The numbers to look at are signing bonus. Guaranteed money, and Salary Cap Hit each year.
dfosterf (21-Jul) : Those numbers align with my guesstimate. Might find out tomorrow
Zero2Cool (21-Jul) : Saw some rumor the Love contract is around 5 years $280m. There's no way.
Zero2Cool (19-Jul) : Packers sign wide receivers Rory Starkey and Jalen Wayne, waive Alex McGough.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

23-Jul / Around The NFL / beast

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.