Zero2Cool
10 months ago

UserPostedImage
GREEN BAY, Wis. – Between Nov. 2, 2020, and Nov. 6, 2022, Green Bay Packers cornerback Corey Ballentine played zero defensive snaps.

Zero.

In between, he changed teams four times, including joining Green Bay’s practice squad early in the 2022 season.

A sixth-round pick by the New York Giants in 2019, Ballentine will face his former team for the first time on Monday night. He’s played at least 30 snaps in six games this season, including starting and playing every snap the last four games.

“Yeah, it’s been a while,” Ballentine said. “This season has obviously been up and down for me. I started on practice squad and I’ve kind of worked my way up. That’s kind of how every year my whole journey to the league has been. It hasn’t always been easy or how I thought it would be, but I just kept my head down, kept working and let it all play out how it plays out. When I get my opportunity, take that opportunity and make the best of it.”

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

I'm not sure we're talking enough about how well our CB's have been holding up. Granted, I believe a solid front seven makes the back four task a lot easier. And I think our front seven is doing a pretty good job. I'm not seeing our CB's getting burned repeatedly for massive gains. I haven't forgot the Chargers game either where that kid did in fact toast our CB and thankfully dropped the (likely) walk-in TD.

CB1: 2023 7th round pick
CB2: 2019 6th round pick

And we're somehow top ten in defense. 🤷‍♂️
UserPostedImage
10 months ago
Z2C wrote

I'm not sure we're talking enough about how well our CB's have been holding up. Granted, I believe a solid front seven makes the back four task a lot easier. And I think our front seven is doing a pretty good job. I'm not seeing our CB's getting burned repeatedly for massive gains. I haven't forgot the Chargers game either where that kid did in fact toast our CB and thankfully dropped the (likely) walk-in TD.

CB1: 2023 7th round pick
CB2: 2019 6th round pick

Great Point
Sometimes we have to pick our poison, the soft coverages which I (and others) complain about lend themselves to not being burnt. I just wish we did not do them on 3rd and 1.

Further, we have to give credit to Joe Barry, Ryan Downard, and Greg Williams, et alia who are doing a terrific job coaching them up.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
10 months ago
The scheme helps the backend... it's the front six that get left on an island at times that have to dominate short handed, and we need to make sure improves and stays loaded otherwise teams that can run it and have play callers that will keep running it will always give us hell.

But yes absolutely, it's been sort of amazing to see how little Alexander and Douglass have been missed.

Also, so far, all of Ballentine's former teams have beaten us in the first matchup this year... namely the Falcons and Lions. Also Jets only giving up a 2nd instead of a 1st. But hopefully we can change that with the Giants this week.

And from Wikipedia, I found this interesting

In the early morning hours of April 28, 2019, the Sunday following the 2019 NFL Draft, Ballentine was injured in a shooting in Topeka while he was attending an off-campus party. Ballentine's college roommate and defensive backfield teammate Dwane Simmons was killed in the shooting.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is retiring
beast (10h) : 9 years in Denver, so he should be used to some snow
Zero2Cool (11h) : 1 of 2 on extra point, 1/1 on FG
Zero2Cool (11h) : That date is the bestest date ever
dfosterf (11h) : September 22 2019
Zero2Cool (12h) : Has McManus kicked at Lambeau Field?
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Didn't think I would have to explain that. Well known Lambeau is a different animal when it comes to kicking fg's
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Narveson NEVER KICKED AT LAMBEAU until he was signed.
packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : that
packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : who is this rookie thag never kicked in Lambeau? Pray/Tell!
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : New kicker is pretty damn good under 49
buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute replaces a rookie K with a veteran career 81% veteran. Neither ever kicked at Lambeau. I guess it's an upgrade.
buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute rei
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : 10 was taken. 8 was taken.
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : And they are correct.
beast (16-Oct) : Packers.com has McManus as jersey #17
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : Packers sign K Brandon McManus, release K Brayden Narveson
beast (16-Oct) : I think they should have left gold in the helmet, like a gold circle around the G logo and gold stripe down the middle
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : the whit ehelmets make it worserest
beast (16-Oct) : Is the warning about winter or warning about how ugly the uniforms are?
packerfanoutwest (16-Oct) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : We have new kicker
beast (15-Oct) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (15-Oct) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (15-Oct) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (15-Oct) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (15-Oct) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Random Babble / buckeyepackfan

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Announcements / wpr

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.