beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
10 months ago

UserPostedImage
The defensive coordinator has helped guide the Packers to a top-10 ranking in points allowed per game.

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

Still, there were signs from the beginning that the Packers' defense could keep them in games, even if it couldn't win them outright. Coach Matt LaFleur probably lost track of how often in the first half of the season he said the defense did enough to win.

A month ago, all that meant nothing because the Packers couldn't marry it with an effective offense. But now that LaFleur and quarterback Jordan Love have found a rhythm, people have begun to notice a defense that in consecutive weeks has turned away Justin Herbert, Jared Goff and Mahomes.

"They're starting to look like some of the good defenses they've had in the past," a scout for a team on the Packers schedule said. "If they can get ahead and play with the lead, they can get after the quarterback. But they've got to be playing from ahead."

================

"I think I was the last man standing from the starters out of training camp," Nixon said.

"Same thing I said last week in the media: C.V. and C.B. been playing hella ball. C.B. earned every opportunity since he been here, and he's been showing it. We came in together in 2019, and I watched him grow, and I don't know what it is about this [Packers] G [logo], but it turns players into great players, for real."

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
10 months ago

UserPostedImage
dhazer
10 months ago
See Kevin even ESPN reads what we write about in these forums, how many times has a poster brought up something and a day or so later it shows up in a big media article lol. I just stated all of this in the Idea for new defensive coordinator topic. I showed how they were a top-ranked scoring defense and could be top 5 by the end of the year and now ESPN writes this lol. All I can say is your welcome ESPN 😉
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

See Kevin even ESPN reads what we write about in these forums, how many times has a poster brought up something and a day or so later it shows up in a big media article lol. I just stated all of this in the Idea for new defensive coordinator topic. I showed how they were a top-ranked scoring defense and could be top 5 by the end of the year and now ESPN writes this lol. All I can say is your welcome ESPN ;)

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

We've had unique thoughts that days later I found elsewhere. But that's basically blind squirrel finding a nut.

I know of a few Packers writers that are at least aware of our little corner on the web. When I told one of them it'd be cool if they would credit their stories inspiration he said it'd be cool if we didn't copy the full article on our site. I said touché sir, touché.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
10 months ago
Was that writer Aaron Nagler by any chance? He once sent me a sternly worded email for quoting an old article regarding his wedding. I think he was sore because of his recent divorce.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

Was that writer Aaron Nagler by any chance? He once sent me a sternly worded email for quoting an old article regarding his wedding. I think he was sore because of his recent divorce.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

He recently blasted the entire site for that post on the Tweeter. It shouldn't have been posted, but also if he had an issue with it he should have taken it up directly with me. Instead he seemingly sat on it for five years waiting for a opportune time to shame PH. Granted I doubt he's going to bed at night thinking how can I shame that little Packers website?!?!? I just felt it was shady timing.

But, no. It wasn't Aaron.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
10 months ago

I know of a few Packers writers that are at least aware of our little corner on the web. When I told one of them it'd be cool if they would credit their stories inspiration he said it'd be cool if we didn't copy the full article on our site. I said touché sir, touché.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If they didn't delete or move their articles from the links then we wouldn't have a need to do so...

Just saying.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 months ago
Good play by the offense helps the defense. And vice versa.

Take the KC game as an example. There were only 5 "real" possessions in the 1st half. 3 for GB and 2 for KC. It's difficult to run up the score when they have so few opportunities.

Sure the stout red zone defense comes into play. But it helps when you limit Mahomes possessions. I recall teams saying that about A Aron12 ten years ago.

Likewise the defense when it is set up to stop the pass allows teams to run against them It takes time to move down the field at a blistering 4.2 yards per carry. By comparison passing defense is 7.0 per attempt (not per completion.) Longer lasting drives means fewer chances to score thus a lower point total.

In the end it's points that matter. GB is 19th in scoring at 21.5 per game. Defensively they are 9th at 20.3 per game. They have been getting better. They have faced the more difficult part of their schedule. Both numbers should improve over the last 5 games.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is retiring
beast (10h) : 9 years in Denver, so he should be used to some snow
Zero2Cool (11h) : 1 of 2 on extra point, 1/1 on FG
Zero2Cool (11h) : That date is the bestest date ever
dfosterf (11h) : September 22 2019
Zero2Cool (12h) : Has McManus kicked at Lambeau Field?
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Didn't think I would have to explain that. Well known Lambeau is a different animal when it comes to kicking fg's
buckeyepackfan (13h) : Narveson NEVER KICKED AT LAMBEAU until he was signed.
packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : that
packerfanoutwest (17-Oct) : who is this rookie thag never kicked in Lambeau? Pray/Tell!
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : New kicker is pretty damn good under 49
buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute replaces a rookie K with a veteran career 81% veteran. Neither ever kicked at Lambeau. I guess it's an upgrade.
buckeyepackfan (16-Oct) : Gute rei
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : 10 was taken. 8 was taken.
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : And they are correct.
beast (16-Oct) : Packers.com has McManus as jersey #17
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : Packers sign K Brandon McManus, release K Brayden Narveson
beast (16-Oct) : I think they should have left gold in the helmet, like a gold circle around the G logo and gold stripe down the middle
Zero2Cool (16-Oct) : the whit ehelmets make it worserest
beast (16-Oct) : Is the warning about winter or warning about how ugly the uniforms are?
packerfanoutwest (16-Oct) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : We have new kicker
beast (15-Oct) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (15-Oct) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (15-Oct) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (15-Oct) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (15-Oct) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Random Babble / buckeyepackfan

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Announcements / wpr

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.